• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MightyEighth

• Tasmith

• SpecTP

• sargetalon

Finances will dictate whether I can make it this year (there is likely to be a new fridge in my immediate future). And hopefully the weather will not be as awful as it was last year....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I’m thinking about going, based on how the weather is. Might stay overnight and stop in DC for a day of shopping on the way home.

Finances will dictate whether I can make it this year (there is likely to be a new fridge in my immediate future). And hopefully the weather will not be as awful as it was last year....

While the weather remains unpredictable, at least you'll know you can park for free this year :D

Ink 'em if you got 'em!

While the weather remains unpredictable, at least you'll know you can park for free this year :D

Oh, you mean instead of my being nickeled and dimed to death by Impark and my hotel? :angry:

Truthfully, I'd like to go -- but juggling schedules this spring and summer already, including a potential trip to the Rare Book Dept. at the Free Library of Philadelphia (doing research for a potential class at an educational symposium in Des Moines this summer) with my husband needing surgery to repair scar tissue from when he had his gall bladder out a couple of years ago (which has to be scheduled so as to not conflict with the sideline business' annual run, which in turn has to not conflict either with him going up to see his mom this spring or with his current work schedule).

But at least the fridge fan just needs a new part -- not a complete replacement of the fridge....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hi all,

The lineup of vendors looks pretty good and from attending the past 3 shows, I'm sure that the show will be a success.

MightyEighth, if I see you in your leather jacket, I will introduce myself. I hope to see you there!

Regards,

Craig

Hi all,

The lineup of vendors looks pretty good and from attending the past 3 shows, I'm sure that the show will be a success.

MightyEighth, if I see you in your leather jacket, I will introduce myself. I hope to see you there!

Regards,

Craig

Please do! I may alternatively be wearing a gray tweed sport coat. And you might also find me at Rick Liebson's table since he's letting me sell some of my Pelikans, and I'm going to hang out at the table so he can get some breaks to wander around.

Ink 'em if you got 'em!

I'm looking forward because it will be my first pen show. Transit may be complicated, but I'm sure it'll be OK. As long as the trains are running, I doubt the weather will bother me. Looking forward to it.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

I will be there tomorrow 10-12ish. Cant wait.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I was there this afternoon and had a great time. It was my first time at the show since it moved from downtown. I'm glad I went.

I will be there tomorrow 10-12ish. Cant wait.

One of my favorite moments from yesterday, which may well remain a favorite Pelikan Fountain Pen Moment of Ever (not least because of your deep affection for a certain pen brand): Watching your son use a fountain pen for the first time, writing his name with a Pelikan fountain pen at Richard Binder's table.

This, sir, is the stuff of legend. :)

-- I had a fantastic time yesterday, accomplishing my goals (nibs ground, pens that have long-haunted). The nibwork sign-up free-for-all (first come, first served) had me stressed ahead of time, and/but I was right to mobilize early and hit the tables straight off to reserve my spot(s)-- Richard Binder and Linda Kennedy did the honors, respectively.

As a corollary, I was excited to meet J C Ament of Nibs on Point (@mrjcjohn on Instagram; I'm not sure he has an account here?), who is going to be supplying #6 Jowo nibs with specialty grinds-- creating inventory of ready-to-go #6 nibs in some very cool grinds in addition to custom-grinding the nibs already installed on customers' pens. In this new world of ubiquitous 'nib holders'-- pen bodies across a multitude companies that all feature the exact same #6 Jowo nibs in the same limited widths-- I am looking forward to having choices that don't involve a Scramble and/or send-away wait.

So: Grateful for my time at the Baltimore Show, if hoping that someone relieves the MC-person of her Mr. Microphone before a Next Time. ;)

~ S.