• Andrew_L

• txomsy

• Cassotto

• Maurizio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

added

- Lamy Petrol 2017 LE

Probably not an indicative example (with the wrong color), but in a well-ink-flow M, the color approaches to black and is poorly distinguishable. Only need to be used in weak(small) flow ink fountain pen.

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, wow and WOW! I'd never enjoyed finding out what different inks look like on paper more!

It isn't true that you live only once. You only die once. You live lots of times, if you know how. (Bobby Darin)

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. (Oscar Wilde)

Hello everybody!

And now it's time for small experiments :)
Ink based mix:

- Pelikan Edelstein Star Ruby(color of the year 2019) + Pelikan Edelstein Olivine (color of the year 2018) - 3:2

Can only say, it's amazing!

I also had a look to your Boris Pasternak poems. Wonderful!

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

Thank you so much!

Yes, Pasternak is a great poet.
But I still have Prishvin, Tyutchev :).
Today published Pushkin "I loved you ...".

What a great poem!

And pictures... the bokeh and reduced DOF are tantalizing (and mesmerizing).

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

• 2 weeks later...

added:

- Delta Blue Real Madrid (Champion League Glasgow 2002 Ltd.)

https://lenskiy.org/2019/01/fountain-pen-ink-colorama/

Not the ink for me... I support Atlético de Madrid. :D :D

Whenever I see one of your drawings I think I'd love to see one of those videos where all the process is recorded and then speeded up to see how the drawing is done in a couple of minutes. I don't know why, as this doesn't usually happen to me. And even more so with your Inktober drawings.

My hat's off to you. I know envy is a sin, but in this case I cannot avoid its being mixed with admiration.

It isn't true that you live only once. You only die once. You live lots of times, if you know how. (Bobby Darin)

:)

Thank you so much!

I understand this is fashionable in our technological modern time, but so far I do not know how. I paint in a small space, almost on my knees. How to place a camera? How to remote control it ? But someday I'll try.

Welcome again :)

Andrew, I'm curious about how you made your wonderful drawings for the Inktober 2019 challenge shown in your blog. Can you explain it, or is it a professional secret? If so, no problem. Did you do the background and the drawing separately, as shown in the second photograph? I cannot figure out how you do it for love or money!

Edited by Cassotto

Hi!

No, there is no secret.

I am doing this for the sake of love and it doesn’t bring much money, but sometimes I can buy new ink from randomly sale of them for new experiments :). I started drawing 3 years ago when I became interested fountain pens.

Now about the Inktober drawings. In the second photo, these are test sketches while I was thinking about the concept of ​​how to combine and complete the all project in one style. On the one hand, I wanted to show the possibilities of ink color as much as possible, on the other hand, I had to complete the tasks according to plan. In the begin, I planned to sketch and paint by the same ink, but I realized that it would be very difficult and unrealistic(most ink not waterproof), so I changed the technology. In the end: I make a sketch according to plan with permanent ink, and on top I draw out ink, and on the bottom I write a day name with a dipping nib so that the ink density in the pen can be seen. In this technique, 32 sketches shown in the post were made, with the exception of those 10 which I make as a test a previously.

As I read on the Internet: "inktober" is not a competition who draws better or professionally, it's mainly a challenge primarily to self in an attempt to try something that you never did! :) I think this is what I tried :).

I hope I answered on your question:).

Edited by Andrew_L