What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2019 Edition

zaddick

Looks like no one has started this thread yet for 2019 so I will kick it off. Hopefully a moderator will come along and pin it for use during the year.

Share your latest treasures, from big bucks to flea market finds. Pens, inks, and all matter of MB writing materials are welcomed!

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• zaddick

• Michael R.

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll kick off with a late 1970s 149 with a 14C two-tone nib. I picked it up as it has an OB and that lovely late 1970s softness.

fpn_1546897202__149_ob.jpg

Santa left me quite a load of ink. I actually bought this ink in several lots last year, but due to shipping delays it all arrived this year while I was on holiday so I am counting it in 2019!

fpn_1546900365__20190107_141315_resized.

Santa left me quite a load of ink. I actually bought this ink in several lots last year, but due to shipping delays it all arrived this year while I was on holiday so I am counting it in 2019!

~ zaddick:

What?

No Mystery Black?

Tom K.

I unofficially refuse to buy black ink on purpose. (I made an exception for MB Ultra Black when it came out.) I do have several older bottles of black, but they are more like refugees who arrived with other purchases. I enjoy more colors in my ink so prefer to buy everything but black. I do like several greys though, so I am probably just being stubborn. 😁

I unofficially refuse to buy black ink on purpose. (I made an exception for MB Ultra Black when it came out.) I do have several older bottles of black, but they are more like refugees who arrived with other purchases. I enjoy more colors in my ink so prefer to buy everything but black. I do like several greys though, so I am probably just being stubborn. 😁

~ zaddick:

I was kidding. Mystery Black isn't exactly an ink which results in lines out the door of would-be purchasers at Montblanc boutiques.

Your broad selection of inks lights up the computer screen on a darkly overcast January morning.

Do I spy Legend of Zodiacs, The Pig ink?

After you've inked any pen with that, I’d be interested in your impression of it.

Friends here have hesitated to buy a bottle for the Lunar New Year as they're uncertain how it might write.

Tom K.

Well, Always reading about new acquisitions by others, That said so far this year

1 Vintage 149 very nice condition arrived with three bottles of MB Ink one unopened

2. Near new Oscar Wilde Pen for me to ink up and use

3. " " Alexander Dumas " " " "

4 #332 looks like a WWII Pen 14C 2 tone nib Imprinted Snow Cap on Captop

Re-discovered my MB Starwalker RollerBall

Around here things often get misplaced then re-discovered, it's good to be me sometimes,

Wish I had said that first.

Anyone wish to see photos just ask

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you . Hug your loved ones today

Tom - we always love photos and writing samples.

~ zaddick:

This Tom feels likewise.

Photos and handwritten notes enhance out appreciation of the treasures used by others.

Tom K.

Nice haul. The JFK ink is my favorite blue ink of all time. I need to get more.

I bought a Bordeaux 146 in an estate auction, excellent price. Been looking for one, but prices were always a bit high for me.

It was in pretty good shape, just some light scratches and a stiff piston. The only fault is that it had a black nib collar, which denoted an earlier service, in which the technician replaced the part with a regular black 146 collar. Luckily I did find a NOS bordeaux collar, so the pen went back to its former glory!

2019-01-05-10-34-42.jpg

2019-01-05-10-44-35.jpg

2019-01-05-14-04-45.jpg

I've been servicing Meisterstücke as a hobby, it's a joy to work on these pens.

P1050039-2.jpg

P1050028-2.jpg

Happy with the result, and In love with the pen. A nice change from the usual black pen. Such a simple change makes so much difference!

3776 + 4810.

I'm maintaining a comprehensive list of Iron-Gall inks. Contributions most welcome! bit.ly/irongall

Looks great geodesigner. I enjoyed seeing it come back into use on IG.

Just purchased a 149 platinum with B nib from a boutique today.

I currently own another 149 with EF nib, recently I am tempted to start writing with Broad nib. Before today I was not sure whether I should pay for a nib exchange or buy a new pen.

After spending some time at the boutique to play with different nib sizes (thanks to great customer services), I was having a hard time to choose between B,BB, OB and OBB. I finally left with a B nib 149. Since I am used to writing with the EF 149 I probably should not give up my companion.

Hope I made the right choices today (getting an additional 149 and choosing B nib).

Haha... great minds think alike!

I unofficially refuse to buy black ink on purpose. (I made an exception for MB Ultra Black when it came out.) I do have several older bottles of black, but they are more like refugees who arrived with other purchases. I enjoy more colors in my ink so prefer to buy everything but black. I do like several greys though, so I am probably just being stubborn.

Tried to get a Purdey. At this point, even if you had 3K to throw at Montblanc, they don't have the pen to sell it to you. Frustrating:(

Edited by gerigo

Haha... great minds think alike!

Tried to get a Purdey. At this point, even if you had 3K to throw at Montblanc, they don't have the pen to sell it to you. Frustrating:(

Well in that case I suggest throwing rolls of pennies. 😁

Just purchased a 149 platinum with B nib from a boutique today.

I currently own another 149 with EF nib, recently I am tempted to start writing with Broad nib. Before today I was not sure whether I should pay for a nib exchange or buy a new pen.

After spending some time at the boutique to play with different nib sizes (thanks to great customer services), I was having a hard time to choose between B,BB, OB and OBB. I finally left with a B nib 149. Since I am used to writing with the EF 149 I probably should not give up my companion.

Hope I made the right choices today (getting an additional 149 and choosing B nib).

You made 3 right choices: 149, platinum, B nib!