Adding To The Flock

mana

It is related with voting to confirm federal budget?

Sadly, no.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First, and only, new pen of the year so far is a little P20 cartridge pen from 1989. Not here yet, but I will try to remember to take pictures when it arrives. Don't know why I love those little school pens.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Since we seem to be in confession mode, here's mine: it took me all of 7 days to buy the first bird of the year.

Not my fault, mind you, since I wasn't even looking.

But my wife found a NOS M800 B (two chicks) that I couldn't pass - I looked for a reasonably priced one for almost 4 years!

I can't wait to receive t!

~ Lam1:

That didn't take long!

After it arrives, I hope that you'll like writing with it.

Happy hunting in 2019!

Tom K.

First, and only, new pen of the year so far is a little P20 cartridge pen from 1989. Not here yet, but I will try to remember to take pictures when it arrives. Don't know why I love those little school pens.

~ BillH:

To think that such a nicely designed fountain pen was offered as a school pen.

After it arrives by stagecoach in Rattlesnake Junction, I'll be looking forward to the daguerreotypes!

Tom K.

~ BillH:

To think that such a nicely designed fountain pen was offered as a school pen.

After it arrives by stagecoach in Rattlesnake Junction, I'll be looking forward to the daguerreotypes!

Tom K.

:D will do Tom! And I may try for a group shot, if everyone promises not to laugh... collecting all the P10 and P20 models is rather the Pelikan equivalent of Beanie Baby collecting.

~ Lam1:

That didn't take long!

After it arrives, I hope that you'll like writing with it.

Happy hunting in 2019!

Tom K.

Hi Tom, good to see you in the Pelikan side!

The pen has arrived, but I haven't inked it yet.

Happy hunting for you too!

Still nothing added in 2019 flock as M800 tortoises I count to 2018 addition.

But expecting in February to get bakelite first year Pelikan an 101 Lizzard :puddle:

Sadly, I have had to cancel my order for the Pelikan Herzstück. The vendor apparently had been given an erroneous price by Pelikan, and I would have had to pay an additional €330 for the pen. I wasn't willing to do that. I don't believe this was the vendor's fault. The company has a fine reputation.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I couldn't resist Dan Smith's sale price for the M600 Vibrant Orange. It should be delivered in 2 days.

David

:D will do Tom! And I may try for a group shot, if everyone promises not to laugh... collecting all the P10 and P20 models is rather the Pelikan equivalent of Beanie Baby collecting.

:lol:

I don't think I have one of those, but I picked up a 1980s era Pelikano last spring at the Baltimore-Washington Show, and it's a great little pen.

Looking forward to seeing the group shot. Oh, and I pick up "Scoop the Pelican" Beanie Babies if I can find them for a buck or two, to give out to people. ;)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

​edited for formatting

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 2 weeks later...

Won't be getting the Herzstück, but did win an auction for an M620 Stockholm that arrived just in time for my birthday. I now have what I think are the most beautiful M620s, the Grand Place, the Piazza Navona, the Athens, and now the Stockholm.

Writing with my Pelikan Grand Place M800 today! Love it. My next one should be in May when I am planning on 12 days in Germany/Austria!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

My first Pelikan purchase of the year is actually not a pen. Just won the auction for an official 24 pen Pelikan pen case which will come handy further down the road (currently have my Pelikans stored in various smaller cases, the biggest one being a 10 pen Pelikan case). It will be nice to have all of them in one place and keep the rest of the cases for storing my EDC pens and so forth.

Won't be getting the Herzstück, but did win an auction for an M620 Stockholm that arrived just in time for my birthday. I now have what I think are the most beautiful M620s, the Grand Place, the Piazza Navona, the Athens, and now the Stockholm.

Wow. These are really the most beautiful City series pens. Personally I would add Shanghai to this quartet.

I could not resist and bought an LE M800 Blue Ocean. Overall demonstrators are not my preference, but Blue Ocean is the first from M800 LE and has old style broad nib, which are more consistent vs modern pelikan nibs. Pen was used and in average condition, but after thorough cleaning and polishing..it looks much better. Inked with MB for BMW, which I got as sample.

fpn_1548573593__bo_1.jpg

fpn_1548573628__bo_2.jpg

Barutti, that IS a great pen. I'm not usually a fan of demonstrators either, but I'd make an exception for that one. Nice nib too. Well done.

Tempting thoughts...

No Pelikans so far in 2019 (calm down, January isn't even over yet!)

However the list of candidates is long

M600 Vibrant Orange

M800 Stone Garden

M101N Lizard (stil looking for it...)

vintage is always tempting...

and then also Joshua said Pelikan will be out with a new M101N in the series...

some planning is needed...

PS

I just saw a 1005 is out...

Edited by sansenri

Wow. These are really the most beautiful City series pens. Personally I would add Shanghai to this quartet.

Thanks! I hope to find a Shanghai someday. And congratulations on your Blue Ocean. I found one last year with an O3B nib. They are magnificent pens.