Adding To The Flock

mana

1 hour ago, tacitus said:

Gorgeous. I'd like to take a photo like you someday.

I know you will ! 

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mentioned these pens last year in another topic, but the nibs have finally arrived from a nibmeister and the pens are complete, and here they are. The 100N is interesting as it has a beautiful brass replacement clip. It also has a Warranted nib. Never had experience with these nibs before, but this nib is a stellar crisp italic BB+ nib. It is also very flexible, but the flex is totally unnecessary. The green 140 and the grey 400 also have nice and wet broad italic nibs. The nibmeister adjusted the flow and bent tines and made slight adjustments to the nib edges as they were somewhat worn.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Hi,

@eerrstis:

beautiful flock of very special pens! I like the greyish striped 1951 400 in particular.

🙂

Here’s my yesterday’s addition, a 400NN. The year of manufacturing must have been 1964 or 65, according to the nib design.

AFAIK, it’s a rather common vintage pen, yet fitted with a less common, springy OF nib - a great writer. Currently inked with R&K Scabiosa (iron gall).

954FD96A-7355-48CF-A7C3-DB7537741379.jpeg.88c4cbfe71061a80681f0793535695e9.jpeg

thank you for contacting. From the right of the collection

Pelikan M800 Tortoiseshell Brown

Pelikan M815 Metal Striped

Pelikan M805 Raden Royal Platinum

Pelikan M800 Raden Royal Gold

Pelikan M800 Grand Place

Pelikan M800 Renaissance Brown

Which one do you like?

IMG-0093.thumb.jpg.f7fe2f6e79966724ba2ff475e4e3259a.jpg

IMG-0088.thumb.jpeg.bcd49899803315dbb7babf4c2048b634.jpeg

Edited by kane-kazu

Of those I don't have myself, I would immediately take the M101N Lizard and the 2 Royal Raden pens. *hyperventilating

Okay, and also the Grand Place.

Now I see-M815 metal stripes. Looks beautifully in your photo.
Great collection of 800’s! Thank you for sharing with us.

Giedrius

1 hour ago, carola said:

Of those I don't have myself, I would immediately take the M101N Lizard and the 2 Royal Raden pens. *hyperventilating

Okay, and also the Grand Place.

Step away from the pens, Carola. Easy. Eeeeeasy.

My other passion

1 hour ago, kane-kazu said:

thank you for contacting. From the right of the collection

Pelikan M800 Tortoiseshell Brown

Pelikan M815 Metal Striped

Pelikan M805 Raden Royal Platinum

Pelikan M800 Raden Royal Gold

Pelikan M800 Grand Place

Pelikan M800 Renaissance Brown

Which one do you like?

Wow. That's a gorgeous collection! Out of these, the two Radens are my favorite. 

My other passion

2 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

Wow. That's a gorgeous collection! Out of these, the two Radens are my favorite. 

Ha! You only want me to step away from them so you can have them, Chickie! 😜

19 minutes ago, carola said:

Ha! You only want me to step away from them so you can have them, Chickie! 😜

Guilty as charged, Your Honor! 
But that's only cause half of the pens on my Wanted List are already in your possession :P

My other passion

4 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

the Grand Place.

Is and has been on my wish list for over a decade, who knows what money I'll have left over from the relief money....is a thought, I'd not had till I read the name of my Grail Pen.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

15 hours ago, kane-kazu said:

It's part of my collection.

I want the third pen from the left. Is it M650?

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".

5 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

Out of these, the two Radens are my favorite. 

The Radens are by far the finest looking and the worthiest Pelikan editions of the 21st Century, IMHO. They combine some of the most exquisite principles of eastern and western art with the aesthetics of Pelikan pens. Both innovative and deeply rooted in tradition.

If I signed a contract for a 100.000$ job, I’d surely give one as gift to my business partner.

Back to reality: my entire flock is probably worth just a fraction of a single Raden, so all I can afford for the moment is no more than these few nice words.

Congrats!

🙂

1 hour ago, stoen said:

The Radens are by far the finest looking and the worthiest Pelikan editions of the 21st Century, IMHO

Truer words have never been spoken.

maki-e-kyokko-and-gekko-normal.png

My other passion

I can live nicely without most of the Raden pens. But kane-kazu has those two I would really love to own. I checked ebay and was surprised to find several of them for sale and also at a considerably "lower" price than I would have thought. But nevertheless they are somewhat expensive to carry around. So I'll continue to enjoy my M815 Metal Striped which is somewhat similar to those two Royal Raden pens.

I like the second pen from the left--the green tortoiseshell with the gold cap. A 500? (Not sure of the model number.) Simply gorgeous--as is the whole collection.