Adding To The Flock

mana

Amazon already credited my account, so I need to check my credit card in a few days. That bill arrived today. The credit should show up before payment is due on the credit card.

Wouldn’t you know today’s email has a MassDrop offer on the White Tortoise at $220 at the moment. But it would be in that area where it is not covered by Chartpak, or probably any other source to help out with any potential issues.

The good thing was my Visconti HS was nearby when I saw the “Returning to Seller” and made me remember it was (for me) The One Pen. Sorry Pelikan, but you are in the top 5.

Thank you inkstainedruth for the commiseration.

Oh, I gave that poor Pelikan the first review. One star and that it never arrives.

Posted Image

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I guess I won’t be adding to the flock because yet again the tracking shows the White Tortoise returning to the seller. Which is terribly odd since it allegedly only shipped today.

Meanwhile it went up in price $105. I wish I knew who the seller was, so I could avoid them like the plague. This is incredibly disappointing.

I guess I’ve learned a lesson: never order from Amazon when the seller is hidden.

Totally sorry to hear that! If any good deal gets spotted for WT - it will be shared!

(Still no new additions to the flock over here, still on the hunt for red M800)

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

12 or so years ago I went to a pen club meeting and one of the members brought in a pen I just had to have. He said he would never sell it so I looked on line and found it to be out of my price range. I've watched them over the years but never found one at a price I would give in and pay. It was indeed my grail pen. The pen is the LE M-800 Blue Ocean! What a beautiful pen! Last weekend at the Arkansas Pen show a vendor had one but again sadly the price was above what I was willing to pay. I noticed my old pen club friend had a table and went over to talk, and there it was THE Blue Ocean that had started it all and it was for sale! He had a good price on it and came down a bit for a friend discount and we did some pen trading to boot. So after handing over a Gold Filled Parker 51 set and some money, it was finally mine! Dreams do come true, sometimes they just take a while, not only did I get a Blue Ocean but I got THE Blue Ocean. OBB nib is so much fun!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Wouldn’t you know today’s email has a MassDrop offer on the White Tortoise at $220 at the moment.

I saw this. But Cult Pens has the same pen for $215...

What irks me is the seller is hidden. I cannot contact them. I cannot warn off others. Though some before me got their pens.

I’m not in the boat of Pakman, though I truly appreciate his account of getting that grail pen. I was chasing an excellent deal. If I wanted I could get it for $225. But right now I’m put off by the experience. I believe I own my grail pen. I bought it early in the pen buying, not realizing it was my grail pen. It’s my Visconti Bronze Age Homo Sapiens with stub nib.

Posted Image

I saw this. But Cult Pens has the same pen for $215...

I wonder what the shipping would be. I suppose if it got it to $225, it would be fine since it should have a warranty, even though it would be in England.

Posted Image

I wonder what the shipping would be. I suppose if it got it to $225, it would be fine since it should have a warranty, even though it would be in England.

Cult Pens has free international shipping on orders over 70GBP.

Cult Pens has free international shipping on orders over 70GBP.

Hmm, do they take PayPal? Darn, now you are tempting me quite a lot. I must give this some thought.

Thank you for the information.

Posted Image

12 or so years ago I went to a pen club meeting and one of the members brought in a pen I just had to have. He said he would never sell it so I looked on line and found it to be out of my price range. I've watched them over the years but never found one at a price I would give in and pay. It was indeed my grail pen. The pen is the LE M-800 Blue Ocean! What a beautiful pen! Last weekend at the Arkansas Pen show a vendor had one but again sadly the price was above what I was willing to pay. I noticed my old pen club friend had a table and went over to talk, and there it was THE Blue Ocean that had started it all and it was for sale! He had a good price on it and came down a bit for a friend discount and we did some pen trading to boot. So after handing over a Gold Filled Parker 51 set and some money, it was finally mine! Dreams do come true, sometimes they just take a while, not only did I get a Blue Ocean but I got THE Blue Ocean. OBB nib is so much fun!

Nice! I too have always thought that was a very nice looking pen. Right now I am looking at a Green O'Green, here at FPN Classifieds for a very good price. I blew my pen budget for the year at the LA Pen show last month and promised myself no more pens this year, but ......... I am really tempted. The Green O'Green has been on my lust list for a very long time.

I have the blue-o-blue and love it. The Green-o-Green looks so nice too! I have so many M800 Pelikans! MUST STOP!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

It is so difficult to post photos here now--a process of trial and error remembering which link to add--that I haven't added to this thread lately, but I've had some great additions to my flock this year so far: I started the year out by adding the M600 green stripe, which I had traded last fall and missed having (it has, to my surprise, a true EF nib out of the box!), I found a pristine M620 Stockholm (thanks to a member at FPN)--an early birthday present to myself, and couldn't resist the idea of a blue pen with silver trim, so I got the M605 blue. All in all, a nice addition to my current M600s. Who knows what the rest of the year will bring? I'm on a roll! ;)

Also, Dr. Codfish, go for the Green- o' Green! It's one of my favorite Pelikans; design-wise, there's nothing quite like it.

Edited by oregano

Not really that hard to get pictures in a post now. After you start a post, go to the bottom right, next to Post, and hit Use Full Editor. Scroll down to where it says Attach Files, Browse find the picture on your hard drive and hit Attach This File. Type up comments if you didn't already before you went to full editor. Go down and hit Add Reply.

PAKMAN

Not really that hard to get pictures in a post now. After you start a post, go to the bottom right, next to Post, and hit Use Full Editor. Scroll down to where it says Attach Files, Browse find the picture on your hard drive and hit Attach This File. Type up comments if you didn't already before you went to full editor. Go down and hit Add Reply.

Thanks for the info, so glad it has gone back to the old style! Well, I tried to upload the photos that way and got an error message each time, oh well. Sorry to hijack the thread with this, but it is quite frustrating. I will try again when the M605 blue comes in.

Trying out the instructions that Pakman gave to post photos ...

After looking around for awhile I finally found a M605 dark blue for a good price ... it's not Kaufhof, but ex-Fahrney's, two chick cap and nib, so early in the run. The two chick EF writes like my old style M600 EF, with a hint of architect's grind. Joy.

Ok, photo is "too big to upload." Anyway, I tried.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

What a nice story! Congrats!

The Blue Ocean is a gorgeous pen and one that I'm trying to land myself (but, I'd rather not take 12 years :D ).

Enjoy the new pen and that amazing OBB nib :thumbup: .

Also, Dr. Codfish, go for the Green- o' Green! It's one of my favorite Pelikans; design-wise, there's nothing quite like it.

Ah, an enabler! What I need is help with my 'won't power' . And Pakman, the G O'G is an M600, my sweet spot which makes me all the more vulnerable.

Trying out the instructions that Pakman gave to post photos ...

After looking around for awhile I finally found a M605 dark blue for a good price ... it's not Kaufhof, but ex-Fahrney's, two chick cap and nib, so early in the run. The two chick EF writes like my old style M600 EF, with a hint of architect's grind. Joy.

Ok, photo is "too big to upload." Anyway, I tried.

Lucky you! That is my favorite time period for EF nib as well. I just ordered the same model but only found it in the 2016 version. I got the same error message even though my image file was well under the limit.

Ah, an enabler! What I need is help with my 'won't power' . And Pakman, the G O'G is an M600, my sweet spot which makes me all the more vulnerable.

You know it! ;) I stand by my reasoning. Its not marbled green but an original green over green painterly effect! Plus the green color is nice and subdued. Edited by oregano

<...THE Blue Ocean that had started it all and it was for sale! He had a good price on it and came down a bit for a friend discount and we did some pen trading to boot. So after handing over a Gold Filled Parker 51 set and some money, it was finally mine!>

Bravo, PAKMAN! Great story, that...

12 or so years ago I went to a pen club meeting and one of the members brought in a pen I just had to have.....

.... there it was THE Blue Ocean that had started it all and it was for sale! He had a good price on it and came down a bit for a friend discount and we did some pen trading to boot. So after handing over a Gold Filled Parker 51 set and some money, it was finally mine! Dreams do come true, sometimes they just take a while, not only did I get a Blue Ocean but I got THE Blue Ocean. OBB nib is so much fun!

12 years! And not just the pen, but THE pen. A wonderful feeling, and of course a beautiful Pelikan.

Congratulations!

~ S.

12 or so years ago I went to a pen club meeting and one of the members brought in a pen I just had to have.

. . . . .

Dreams do come true, sometimes they just take a while, not only did I get a Blue Ocean but I got THE Blue Ocean. OBB nib is so much fun!

A 12 year chase makes a great story, patience is key.

Glad you have finally acquired your grail pen. thumbup.gif Enjoy the reams of happiness to follow...

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.