Starwalker Line-Up, Old Design.

AppleheadMay

Good evening folks!

It has been quite a while since I posted here.

My interest in the pen hobby watered a bit but lately it got renewed, in some form at least.

I sold my pens, inks and some accessories and took a fresh interest in the Montblanc Starwalker series ballpoints of which I already had one for ages (Rubber & Platinum) and recently acquired four more (Red Gold Metal, Midnight Black Metal, Mystery Black and Doué). I'm planning to add two more for now.

I am posting here for two reasons:

- I have a few small questions. These will apply mostly to the ballpoints.

- I want to make a list of all "old design" Starwalker models that existed. That would be the longer, more bulged at the head models with spherical glass with the star, not the new shorter, less bulged models with the flatter glass. Of course, feel free to make a list of those in here as well. This list will apply to ballpoints, fountain pens, rollerballs and pencil.

I will make the list in the second post below for reference. Your help for completing it with extra models and launch-years would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my questions:

- could it be that from the Rubber & Platinum ballpoint model there were two generations (versions)?

Mine would be the first generation as I bought it when it came out. On this generation it is the barrel that screws into the head. I have seen the odd picture of a Rubber & Platinum one where the head screws into the barrel like on most newer models I have.

- Has there ever been a "Starwalker Gold Resin"? I mean, not the "Red Gold Resin" one that is available now but a yellow gold one?

- Does anyone know if a "Starwalker Chert" from Montblanc exists?>

Edited by AppleheadMay

A Starwalker ballpoint, Ultimate Hacking Keyboard with Healio switches and Logitech G600 is all I need. But I love a little variation. ;)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AppleheadMay

• Kalessin

• meiers

• fcarbon

Standard Resin Models:

- Platinum Resin

- Red Gold Resin

- Midnight Black resin

Other Resin Models:

- Cool Blue

- Mystery Black

- Doué

- Platinum Coated Doué

- Spirit of Racing Doué

Carbon Models:

- Carbon

- Ultimate Carbon

Metal Models:

- Rubber & Platinum

- Red Gold Metal

- Midnight Black Metal

Edition Models:

- Soulmakers for 100 Years Special Edition

- Soulmakers for 100 Years Limited Edition 1906

- Soulmakers for 100 Years Limited Edition 100

- Airbus A380 Special Edition

Feel free to contribute to this list in any way: extra models, info, how to organize, timeline, ...

Edited by AppleheadMay

A Starwalker ballpoint, Ultimate Hacking Keyboard with Healio switches and Logitech G600 is all I need. But I love a little variation. ;)

Reserved.

Yes, that one is "cool" indeed, I'd love to see it for real as it isn't just a blue colored barrel.

I notice I can't edit posts more than a day old sadly so i won't be able to update the p[previous posts.

A moderator can edit your post to make changes. You can also post a new version in this thread and a moderator can hide the old post.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Ok, thank you!

I'll make an edited version of the first post as I no longer have the questions and wanted to add some things.

I think the second post is OK, I didn't find any other versions.

For the third post I'll make a list of the new Starwalker models.

I'll add some pictures of my collection that is nearly finished (5 pieces) simply in the thread.

Hopefully some other people will post some pics as well.

Can I contact you for editing later today?

Edited by AppleheadMay

Best to contact me by sending a PM. I have a young child at home who takes up a lot of time, and so I'm a little slower to respond.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

• 1 year later...

Wondering how to ID the difference between a (old model) StarWalker Doué and Doué Platinum? (I didn't know there was a distinction.) Was the Doué always "ribbed"?

Would love to see a visual line-up of a StarWalker collection fountain pens, old & new ... Very little info seems to be available here (?). Also, the design history of the model would be of interest.

The cool blue was not a resin version... it has a metal base with etched lines covered with blue lacquer... so at different angles different lines are visible...