Top Posters In This Topic

• MoriartyR

• tubular

• como

• djm1121

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic review, thanks for sharing.

I had been considering getting a Feel; so far, I have decided against it even though I have received a discount from Scribo. Unfortunately, the very well written review has not changed my mind.

I am glad to say that the comments on the artisanal and story aspect of the pen have made me more receptive to Scribo; it is the price point, however, that holds me back. They are not OMAS, after all, but they are commanding a premium in the market.

Perhaps I am being a snob, but at this time and considering the state of my collection, I would first put $1000CAD towards an OMAS or Nakaya, and then (much later down the road), a Scribo.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the detailed review! I have been seriously considering a SCRIBO with flex nib (the blue-grey looks so elegant). I am a big fan of Omas and almost all my Omas nibs are medium or broad, mostly ground to a stub. I don't usually use F nibs from modern pens, but I do enjoy vintage pens with flexible or semi-flexible nibs, mostly to write postcards/Xmas cards with :-) Does anyone have any insights on choosing an EF vs. F nib on the Flessibile? I don't know which one I should get. Many thanks!

Hi Como,

Like Omas (Omae?) the flex EF nib is quite wet, similar to a Pelikan M800 fine, I'd say. The non-flex F nib is broader at the tip, I think, but drier, laying down less ink. My thought would be that if you like inky stubs and you like flexy vintage even the EF would work quite well for you, for what it's worth.

Can I help your decision in any way?

Of course, you could ask Luca for his thoughts! :-)

Ralf

Hi Como,

Like Omas (Omae?) the flex EF nib is quite wet, similar to a Pelikan M800 fine, I'd say. The non-flex F nib is broader at the tip, I think, but drier, laying down less ink. My thought would be that if you like inky stubs and you like flexy vintage even the EF would work quite well for you, for what it's worth.

Ralf

Dear Ralf,

I much appreciate your input. I also lean toward EF. May I ask if EF feels more scratchy? I don't imagine a nib with Omas DNA would, but it would be good to know from your experience, as I really don't use modern EF nibs at all.

Thank you, Ralf.

Como

Hi Como,

Ralf

I just found a youtube video on Scribo Feel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izWIP0OR5x4. At 03:30 he compares Omas Flessibile vs. Scribo Feel 14k Flex in EF. That EF looks perfect, so the decision is done: EF in Flex! Thanks, Ralf!

I'll be reviewing mine in a few weeks time on my blog (and posting here). I have the 18k fine, partly due to the lead time on the 14k fine flex and partly as I want to use this as a daily and as much as I like them I find flex to be harder to use for quick notes when your hand writing (i.e mine) is poor. Will try to remember to do a comparison with my ScriBo Write Here (14k fine flex) and OMAS Ogiva ALBA (also 14k fine flex).

Edited by dapprman

Good choice :-) I hope you love it!

Ralf

I am feeling brave. Yes, I hope so. Thank you, Ralf. Will let you know.

I'll be reviewing mine in a few weeks time on my blog (and posting here). I have the 18k fine, partly due to the lead time on the 14k fine flex and partly as I want to use this as a daily and as much as I like them I find flex to be harder to use for quick notes when your hand writing (i.e mine) is poor. Will try to remember to do a comparison with my ScriBo Write Here (14k fine flex) and OMAS Ogiva ALBA (also 14k fine flex).

Dear dapprman, look forward to your review. I must say that I really like the look of SCRIBO Feel, very neo classic look. The blue-grey reminds me of the interiors of a French palace. It's subtle, graceful and elegant. I am a little concerned about the metal fixture on the section because I saw a lot of modern pens from 80's with rusted metal section, but I guess I will try to live the moment and not worry about some 30 years down the road. When I get my Feel, I will use it for writing personal notes and cards. I agree with you there on the 18k being daily writer.

Good choice :-) I hope you love it!

Ralf

Ralf,

I got my SCRIBO Feel in 14k EF Flex. Very happy with the look and feel of the pen in hand, very comfortable. The nib is like a semi-flex of the vintages that I have. I only use flex pens for holiday cards, so I am no good at it but it's fun :-)

Thanks for helping to make the nib size choice. I think this is a good daily writer, with the option to flex when I want. It's the only modern flex I have, so I have nothing to compare to. Here is a writing sample. I didn't push too hard for fear of springing the nib. I am more daring with vintage flex/semi flex nibs because I know how they would behave and they are a bit cheaper. I do see myself using this pen a lot.

Best regards,

Como

post-145678-0-97941900-1549306772_thumb.jpg

Thank you for a very nice review, and very clear and informative pictures.

I love the look of it and the azure colour reminds me of my Aurora Talentum azzurro.

The nibs sounds very interesting, the only thing that is keeping me back a little is that step down from the barrel to section.

Does it get in the way?

Thank you for a very nice review, and very clear and informative pictures.

I love the look of it and the azure colour reminds me of my Aurora Talentum azzurro.

The nibs sounds very interesting, the only thing that is keeping me back a little is that step down from the barrel to section.

Does it get in the way?

It's surprisingly comfortable to hold, at least for me. My index goes on the section and the thumb rests mostly on the stepped-up "belly". The pen weighs 36g but uncapped it's only 20g so it's not heavy at all to write with.

sound like I might have to try one... :)

I think for not having the iconic Omas celluloid material, Scribo did a really good job bringing out this pen. I didn't really need another pen, especially one with just solid color resin, but in the end I bought one, because I missed Omas Flessibile nib and Scribo was brave to do this venture. People say it's expensive, but there is something to be said about taking risks, and I like risk-takers. So I bought their pen.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I've had mine for four weeks I've finally got around to my personal review of the Feel, which is at:

https://dapprman.wordpress.com/2019/02/17/scribo-feel/

Thank you very much for the detailed review. By the way, I don't know if you've also noticed: I can get the pen out from the top while the pen roll is closed, and also put it back in without opening the pen roll (like an open pen sleeve). In the beginning I thought that it might be cumbersome to get the pen in and out, but it turns that it's pretty easy to just pull the pen out without opening the roll.

Thank you very much for the detailed review. By the way, I don't know if you've also noticed: I can get the pen out from the top while the pen roll is closed, and also put it back in without opening the pen roll (like an open pen sleeve). In the beginning I thought that it might be cumbersome to get the pen in and out, but it turns that it's pretty easy to just pull the pen out without opening the roll.

Actually I did and have done so a couple of times, putting the pen away when I'm going to lunch. Note tried getting the pen out that way (from what I can remember).

Treated myself to the Blue/Black EF and love it - in my EDC set and is probably the one I grab most.

The EF has some feedback, and even though I cannot use a flex nib I do enjoy the bounce.

Looking forward to see if they come up with more models

I got the chance to see one of these in the flesh recently. It's big! I still don't like the step and the oddly thin grip section but I was impressed by the quality of manufacture which doesn't really come across in pictures. I will wait with interest to see what they produce in the future.

Ralf,

I got my SCRIBO Feel in 14k EF Flex. Very happy with the look and feel of the pen in hand, very comfortable. The nib is like a semi-flex of the vintages that I have. I only use flex pens for holiday cards, so I am no good at it but it's fun :-)

Thanks for helping to make the nib size choice. I think this is a good daily writer, with the option to flex when I want. It's the only modern flex I have, so I have nothing to compare to. Here is a writing sample. I didn't push too hard for fear of springing the nib. I am more daring with vintage flex/semi flex nibs because I know how they would behave and they are a bit cheaper. I do see myself using this pen a lot.

Best regards,

Como

So glad you like it :-)

I'm also cautious about flexing it too far, but find it gives a really nice flair to my everyday handwriting!

Take care,

Ralf