Scribo Feel

ralfstc

1 hour ago, pedrosette said:

Thank you once again, @MoriartyR. Today I got my Piuma with an EEF nib. Indeed it writes like my Platinum 3776 fine nibs! I am very glad. To be honest, I think no pen has ever made me so happy out of the box. I chose the Utopia model, which is a dark greyish blue.

How nice to hear that the pen is everything you hoped for. It always worries me when I post about a pen and it possibly affects somebody’s buying decision - who knows if they will feel the same as I do? I’m very glad that it worked out so well, and thank you for telling us.

The Utopia colour is really beautiful.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MoriartyR

• tubular

• como

• djm1121

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, pedrosette said:

I chose the Utopia model, which is a dark greyish blue.

I've seen only the photos of this version on the Scribo website.  Pedrosette, can you tell me whether my impression that the body of the pen looks like blossoms with stems and leaves is right?  My own Scribo, a Feel Fiorita, has what seem to be random flakes of color beneath a dark surface, but the Utopia looks to me less random.

• 3 weeks later...

@MoriartyR, I wonder if you have any experience with Aurora’s Fine Flex nib? I have one and I’m wondering how the scribo nib compares to it.

2 hours ago, Zlh296830 said:

@MoriartyR, I wonder if you have any experience with Aurora’s Fine Flex nib? I have one and I’m wondering how the scribo nib compares to it.

Very different beast altogether. There might be a similarity to a point in the bounce of the nib but the Scribo nib certainly feels more sturdy. The Aurora flex nib needs to be babied and handled with a degree of care as it's prone to springing - flex that nib just a touch too much and its gone, and it doesn't require a lot of pressure. The Scribo nibs are smoother and a bit wetter and have a certain buttery feel when writing. They are amazingly similar to Omas nibs.

16 hours ago, Zlh296830 said:

I have quite a few Auroras but I have never tried their flex nib. I do like the regular Aurora nibs - in my experience they have been one of the most reliable brands for nibs, right up there with the Japanese, and the EF, F and M nibs are all fine enough for my writing. But I have no idea how the flex nib performs. Uncial’s comments are very helpful, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about a Piuma, went to the Scribo site (again), and saw the new (or new to me) Feel, the Panarea.  I managed to restrain myself for a single night.

It's coming with an EF 18k nib.  I'll be interested to see how this compares to the flex nib my other Scribo has.

--And, before I had time to repent, the Panarea arrived.  I think I like this nib (18K EF) better than the nib on my other Scribo Feel (EF flex).  Of course now I'm wondering what the 18K EEF is like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63rvk9f0g5h5063/Scribo Feel Panarea.jpeg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atok24goylf7t1u/Scribo Feel Panarea and Fiorita.jpeg?dl=0

Edited by tubular
Repairing bad link.

On 7/16/2021 at 7:32 PM, tubular said:

--And, before I had time to repent, the Panarea arrived.  I think I like this nib (18K EF) better than the nib on my other Scribo Feel (EF flex).  Of course now I'm wondering what the 18K EEF is like.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM0fDknB9oezAhA0QFOdBKCEEF0c_E9DmeUEmlk

The link you provided when clicked comes up on 'my computer' and error message. 

"404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.".

5 hours ago, djm1121 said:

The link you provided when clicked comes up on 'my computer' and error message. 

"404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know."

Thanks, djm1121; I've changed the link and added another.  I hope these work better than the original.

• 10 months later...

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section. Please feel free to move it to its proper place.

I just received a Scribo Feel. The pen is beautiful and so is the nib... but... I hear clicking from the nib. The tines look aligned under a loupe (not a microscope). I've read that it could be that the tines are touching and shouldn't, I've read that the nib may not be sitting properly on the feed, and I've read that it is normal and it will go away after a few pages of writing with it to "break it in".

Has anyone experienced this, and did it go away on its own? I really don't want to send the pen back for an exchange, and don't know if I should go directly through Scribo.

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated. Thank you!

I’ve been eyeing a Feel for a long time and the biggest thing holding me back is the written engraving on the nib. I’m sure I have other pens with similar script but I much prefer patterns or emblems—better to leave the mottos on the box. But I may still pull the trigger if I visit a web shop while tired and low on self restraint. 

13 hours ago, Mulrich said:

[...] the biggest thing holding me back is the written engraving on the nib.

My pen has a uniform colour, no pearl-like chatoyance, no swirls, and doesn't have "Scribo" engraved on the barrel; just "Scribo Italy" on the piston knob's flat part. I find that the engraved logo on the nib isn't an eye sore and doesn't take anything away from the pen; it still remains classic and understated, and the blue-black is a nice, rich, deep navy blue, with no hint of green-grey tones. Do buy a Scribo wen you are tired and low on self restraint: you will perk right up when you put the Scribo in your hand.

The only thing I'm upset about is the clicking I hear coming from the nib when I write, more so when I print than when I write in cursive. Ugh...

I'm waiting for Scribo to respond. Maybe it will fix itself with time, after a breaking in period - though I'm not holding my breath - but fear I might have to send the pen, or at least the nib back. Sigh.

14 hours ago, Mulrich said:

I’ve been eyeing a Feel for a long time and the biggest thing holding me back is the written engraving on the nib. I’m sure I have other pens with similar script but I much prefer patterns or emblems—better to leave the mottos on the box. But I may still pull the trigger if I visit a web shop while tired and low on self restraint. 

I also dislike the slogan on the nib, but I'm pretty sure it won't prevent me from buying one.  What's held me back so far is that I keep spending my pen budget elsewhere, and that the original pen colors looked like they were squeezed from a toothpaste tube.  The recent colors/materials are appealing, though, and at this point I think a Scribo in my collection is inevitable.  But we'll see what happens the next time I feel like spending that much on a pen:  if I'm eyeballing something else at the same time then the slogan on the nib might be enough to push me to that something else.

Edited by XYZZY
phrasing

@Jarod, you might want to get in touch with Scribo in any case and just tell them about your issues.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

@langere I'm waiting for Scribo to respond. If the clicking doesn't stop after I've written a few pages, I hope they'll send me a replacement nib that doesn't have issues, and then I'll send mine back by return post. Or maybe they'll have the vendor do a nib exchange without me having to send the whole pen back. It was the last one the vendor had in that colour/nib combo. I really really like the pen!

ETA: still nothing from Scribo :(

Edited by Jarod

ETA on the above post: Scribo reached out, and I can either send the nib back to them for repair/replacement or to the vendor, which is what I will do.