• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astronymus

• Intensity

• Glenn-SC

• inkstainedruth

I may buy the Joy just to get the red clip (and transfer it to another pen).

Why do you find the Al-Star and LX confusing?

Lx series is all about metals. So, why isn't the Lx the bronze one? And we already had a coffee AL-Star. Beside from that the Lx looks like bronze patina while the AL-Star looks like some kind of orange polished bronze. All this doesn't make sense at all.

Hi all,

What catches my eye is "Studio LX"... that's a new designation.

Perhaps the LX Studio's will have the gold nib? :unsure:

- Anthony

EDITED for typo.

Edited by ParkerDuofold

I doubt it. Doesn't the Studio also uses the Z50? Put a Z55, 56 or 57 on it, problem solved.

I'll buy the aqua Studio and possibly the Coffee LX.

I want to love my current Aion but think it needs a gold nib first. I'd love Lamy to make a z53 gold. That would make my year!

The Studio LX all-black seems to come with the black Z55 gold nib - an upgrade like the palladium version. This looks like an attractive and fun pen! I would get that. I like the turquoise colors that Lamy is coming out with, but am not a fan of the polished chrome section.

I like the Aion, but won't buy another one until they fix the rattling cap. I just looked at the silver model at the SF store and, yup, the cap sits loose and rattles.

I think I have enough Safaris.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Lx series is all about metals. So, why isn't the Lx the bronze one? And we already had a coffee AL-Star. Beside from that the Lx looks like bronze patina while the AL-Star looks like some kind of orange polished bronze. All this doesn't make sense at all.

Ah... Now I see what you were saying and why you were confused.

As for the Studio LX: yes, the image definitely shows the gold nib, which is probably why it gets the LX designation... (I wonder if they'll retcon the previous gold-nib versions and begin referring to them as LX as well... or if it will only apply to new gold nib pens going forward).

Some of those look quite interesting....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm surprised not to see the rumoured Rose Gold Imporium mentioned. Has anyone heard any more about that?

Yes, that pen is definitely on my "maybe" list -- as is the ink (although in both cases I'd have to what they look like up close. Ditto for that bronze-y al-Star. I hadn't known about the ink eradicator part, but after getting to try another brand's last week -- although it might be the case that the thing was too dried out -- I can say it didn't work too well on vintage Skrip Permanent Blue-Black; so for that I'll have to wait and see....

The pastel Safaris, OTOH, I suspect that even in person I'll dislike the colors....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

As for the Studio LX: yes, the image definitely shows the gold nib, which is probably why it gets the LX designation... (I wonder if they'll retcon the previous gold-nib versions and begin referring to them as LX as well... or if it will only apply to new gold nib pens going forward).

I don't see a gold nib in the picture of the Black Studio LX. I think it is just a Z52 PVD coated nib. (i bought some and they look identical to the one in the picture)

I'm surprised not to see the rumoured Rose Gold Imporium mentioned. Has anyone heard any more about that?

This one you mean? https://fontoplumo.nl/shop/en/lamy-fountain-pens/2720-lamy-imporium-lx-rose-fountain-pen-silverwhite-and-rose-gold-special-edition-6907.html#/72-lamy_nib-m_medium

Of so, then might make sense since it was probably part of the 2018 lineup of Lamy.

Edited by lucraak

I kinda agree but during the introduction of the Lx, Lamy also coined the 'deluxe' term for these pens. So I think there might be different models that will be finished a bit better or "more deluxe" than their regular counterparts. The problem is that they introduced only AL star models, that might give the impression that these are the only models of the Lx or that it was a totally new pen, but i think it is a marketing way of putting out a "deluxe edition" ;-) but i might be wrong :)

Interesting...

Bronze ink has an Eradicator to match.

Very interesting indeed! I can see lots of possibilities, even using the eradicator on a wash of the ink for artsy things....

Also interesting that dear Frank Underwater is the source of that. I hope this won't be a Chinese exclusive like that awesome Pokemon Safari :lol:

I forecast that Lamy will continue to not making stub nibs for the L2000 in 2019. Bummer!

Add lightness and simplicate.

I hadn't known about the ink eradicator part, but after getting to try another brand's last week -- although it might be the case that the thing was too dried out -- I can say it didn't work too well on vintage Skrip Permanent Blue-Black; so for that I'll have to wait and see....

Most of the ink eradicator pens work only on specific "washable" inks - I certainly wouldn't expect it to work with an ink that has "permanent" in its name!

Very excited about the bronze ink, I'm hoping it won't sell out in 15 minutes the way Dark Lilac and Petrol did.

I don't see a gold nib in the picture of the Black Studio LX. I think it is just a Z52 PVD coated nib. (i bought some and they look identical to the one in the picture)

I believe you're right. I confused the black nib from the lamy LX (which looks like the one on this new Studio), with the slightly different black nib from the Imporium (which is a gold nib). When I posted that comment about the LX, I was thinking that the LX had a gold nib (again, confusing it with the imporium nib). Mea culpa. Thanks for noticing that.

Wait, but the LX is supposedly made after the metal they represent, so...coffee...? :(

Still really tempted to get the blue Safari and the maybe the Red Aion.