Safari For $11.5? M405 Stresemann For $215?

clear1

I was watching at the Big Pelikans

M800/805 was $334 ($368 with an EF), now ($402 - $422)

M100 was $411, now $492.

These regular prices are comparable with current Cult Pens prices:

M800: £309 = $391

M1000: £393 = $497

You also get free shipping and a bottle of Edelstein in this case.

But are these the regular UK prices?

Anyone who wants to chime in with other options?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• A Smug Dill

• anonymous3715

• Theroc

M1000 in Germany starts at $425

M800 from $347

M600 from $239

M400 from $217

The Endless Pens prices are still good prices.

By comparison, a famous Pelikan-selling shop in Germany wants

M1000 $552

M800 $451

M600 $355

M400 $287

Edited by mke

M1000 in Germany starts at $425

M800 from $347

M600 from $239

M400 from $217

The Endless Pens prices are still good prices.

By comparison, a famous Pelikan-selling shop in Germany wants

M1000 $552

M800 $451

M600 $355

M400 $287

Thanks, that's good info.

I guess I'll wait month and a half for my birthday and then splurge a little more.

One more positive report: I ordered an Opus 88 Koloro from Endless and it arrived roughly two weeks later. No problems with the transaction at all. And I really like the look of the pen (I got the blue model). The fine nib writes well but I may look into replacing it with a medium at some point down the road.

I had an all stainless 2000 with extra fine nib in my cart, but pay has been delayed so I missed out on the awesome Christmas sale :( so now I have to pay $200 instead of $170. Oh well, it's still a ridiculously good price....

Just an update regarding Endless Pens. When I received my Waterman Exception Slim pen just before Christmas, I noticed that the converter was missing. I messaged Endless and they were very apologetic and sent a replacement on Boxing Day. Today I got the package that not only contained the converter but also a bottle of Waterman Serenity Blue ink and a very nice handwritten note (and it was written in a very nice hand with a fountain pen of course!). Kudos to Endless Pens.

No affiliation.

I just received delivery of the items I ordered from Endless Pens on 29 December: the Aurora 88 Sigaro Blu with EF nib – yes, I cracked, given the price was low enough and the discount (using the 'original' prices listed by Nibsmith.com and La Couronne du Comte, etc. as reference, and not Endless Pens' inflated figure) that I could afford to 'experiment' with both the pen model and this seller – along with a Lamy CP1 and matching converter.

+ Points for quick enough international delivery to Australia, and I cannot blame Endless Pens for higher shipping charges than what I'd have to pay for EMS service from Japan (which usually delivers within one calendar week of dispatch) for something in that weight class.

Declared customs value for the parcel contents was US$100. I'm sure some buyers would like sellers to severely understate the value of their purchases, but I didn't ask for it, and I see the practice as neutral at best and not a boon.

No other paperwork in the shipping box, no thank you note, etc. That's OK; I appreciate it when other US, European and Japanese retailers often does that, but it isn't a requirement or invariably expected.

The box contained just what I ordered, no more, no less. Nothing wrapped around the retail boxes of the products, and the only void fill are two undersized pieces of bubble wrap loosely floating inside the box.

- The booklet inside the Aurora retail package was badly crushed and creased. Possibly not Endless Pens' fault in packing, but it doesn't look good.

- I thought I'd check the Aurora without inking it first. I dry-wrote a couple of straight lines with the nib, and no colour came out onto the page; good. I then dipped the nib in clean water, and wrote on a moisture-sensitive page in my kaishu practice book, to check the line width. Looked OK... oh, hang on, why can I still faintly read what I wrote after the page quickly dried? I wrote with the still slightly wet nib on a white piece of paper, and it left very faint lines of blue. Sucking some water up into the pen, I could see light blue in the ink window. I'm not really thrilled. I'd have appreciated being warned/advised if the nib was tested by dipping in blue ink.

So, the only reason I could think of to recommend Endless Pens to any fellow pen enthusiast here would be any price advantage it may offer. Being a US retailer is not a positive in my book (mainly due to shipping charges to Australia, and being without inherently better credibility than UK and Dutch pen retailers), and the customer service is, well, at a 0-point neutral level from my one purchase experience so far; marginally better than how I regard Pen Chalet.

If the total price including any applicable delivery charges is within a 5% ballpark, I'd probably prefer to buy from LCdC, or Pen Gallery in Malaysia.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Update.

So I had to get a Pelikan in Vibrant Orange. It just looked so nice and at a great price.

Ordered before the New Year, asked to delay the shipment since I was away.

Received it exactly when I expected it, 2 days shipping. Thank you note with wishes for 2019.

Great experience.

Goulet is cool but I find their videos annoying, something in between a sales video and review video, which I think can be misleading for customers.

+1

Wanted to post a positive feedback data point for endless pens. I bought a 2k pencil, a couple of Lamy ABCs for my child, a couple of NOS Pelikan 505s during the year end sale at excellent prices( they subsequently dropped the pelikan prices even further).

Savannah got in touch immediately to discuss shipping methods to India. I suggested the additional registered mail option which is not available online and one has to go to the post office to buy it. I paid extra for this service. They were super accommodating and yesterday I received my order safe and sound and packed in a sturdy box. Based on this experience I will be watching their website and if anything fits the bill, buy it with confidence.

Hth.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Goulet is cool but I find their videos annoying, something in between a sales video and review video, which I think can be misleading for customers.

Most of the Youtube content maker that doubles as a pen retailer has content in the same shape or form to an extent (Anderson, Goldspot, Appelboom etc), I don't find it annoying rather I find them interesting.

As for Endless Pens, as with many US based sellers, I wish that they can adjust the to a more lower rate for international shipping.

> their videos annoying

very few Youtube videos about pens are really good, some producers seem to make selfie videos of themselves with a pen.

One of them is especially annoying, he also begs for money on his homepage to do independent reviews. Funny, he borrows pens from a big seller - he will never get another pen if he would dare to say something critical.

Another video producer constantly shows the pens out-of-focus.

It is time to make a list of the good videos.

Edited by mke

As for Endless Pens, as with many US based sellers, I wish that they can adjust the to a more lower rate for international shipping.

Let me guess, it is self-cost. It effects the sellers too. I know that several people stopped buying from US sellers because of that increased shipping cost. Sky-rocketed 2 years ago. Thank you, USPS.

An advice to sellers:

I consider it not so international-customer-friendly, if you do free US shipping campains without giving this rebate in form of lower cost to international customers too.

• 3 weeks later...

They are doing a limited edition pen with Leonardo Officina Italiana!?

151 dollars for a Momento Zero limited edition pen after promo code

looks to be a sweet deal. What do you guys think?

Well, actually their other pre-order deals are very good like Aurora Internazionale at

below 600 dollars.

https://endlesspens.com/products/leonardo-limited-edition-the-devils-kiss-fountain-pen

That's a good looking pen. I think it's the same material as in the Leonardo Furore Passion Red in the brand's regular product line-up, though, and not some special or limited edition resin.

I might prefer the Pietra Marina, though.

However, once I add in shipping (US$22.33 minimum), the deal is not that hot when I expect Fontoplumo will sell the Pietra Marina at 147 shipped to Australia, and that's before the application of any discount code.

Now, if Endless Pens is taking pre-orders for the Leonardo Momento Zero Olive ebonite limited edition and offering a 10% discount on that, it'd make me seriously consider buying.

Edit: Yep, Fontoplumo will be selling the Pietra Marina. Link inserted.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Can anyone tell me what's the promo code? I'm tempted to get my first Leonardo for the birthday. Thanks.

The promo code is "PREORDER"

They are doing a limited edition pen with Leonardo Officina Italiana!?

151 dollars for a Momento Zero limited edition pen after promo code

looks to be a sweet deal. What do you guys think?

Well, actually their other pre-order deals are very good like Aurora Internazionale at

below 600 dollars.

https://endlesspens.com/products/leonardo-limited-edition-the-devils-kiss-fountain-pen

This price is similar to the other acrylic Momento Zero. I'm curious why this is a sweet deal?

Or to be clear, from what I've read of the acrylic Momento Zero it seems like they are are great pen and well worth the price, and in that regard they are all a sweet deal. But this one doesn't seem heavily discounted, which is what I assumed that you meant.

This price is similar to the other acrylic Momento Zero. I'm curious why this is a sweet deal?

Or to be clear, from what I've read of the acrylic Momento Zero it seems like they are are great pen and well worth the price, and in that regard they are all a sweet deal. But this one doesn't seem heavily discounted, which is what I assumed that you meant.

When I posted it, Endlesspens was only offering their limited edition pen at 151 dollars or something after the promo code. I thought the limited edition Momento Zero at 151 dollars was a good deal.

But now I see they are offering like 133 dollars for pietra marina and 115 dollars for other momento zeros for preorders, I think I was wrong about their limited edition being a good deal.

Edited by anonymous3715