2019 Philadelphia Pen Show

82Greg

The Philadelphia Pen Show will be the in 201 Hotel in downtown Philadelphia. It was moved due to construction at the Westin. This is the old Sheraton, which used to host the show before it moved. The 201 has a larger show room. The show website is here.

Well organized show in a city with lots to do.

Greg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avlisyar

• Shrimpkin1

• philhygra

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sigh.

That's one show that for the foreseeable future I'll never get to -- scheduling conflict. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'll definitely be there. Looking forward to it.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Not for me, not this coming year, or likely ever. I am loath to pay such high Parking fees. I understand them, but as someone whose spouse will not use Public Transport due to a mobility disability (Public transport for the Physically disabled being almost a universal bad joke in every city on the Planet, except on regular routes and also very expensive in time and cost due to limited subsidies) we avoid metro areas without adequate low cost parking for the disabled.

And the fees for the show and workshops appear a little high as well, not very high, but a little high.

Then add in the possibility of bad weather, and there is zero chance of my attending.

I would rather spend $1000.00 on something other than this show.

It was my first show a few years ago, and the graciousness of the organizers and vendors set a great tone for what has become an obsession and a source of some great friendships. Needless to say, I wouldn’t miss it, and I plan to bring several of my children.

The uncertainty of the weather is just part of the drill in this part of the country (I’m in NJ), but life must go on!

Najeeb

This is the only show I can get to in US as I happen to visit New York at the same time. I went there last year and enjoyed it very much. I will be there on Saturday and Sunday and hope to find something old and Japanese in addition to inks and journals. If not, then something else... :) As to prices, except for the parking, of which I know nothing about, I would not call it expensive. Cold it was last year, but as I am a Finn, I hardly noticed. I hope to get to know some US pen people as well.

This is my home show and I am looking forward to going back

to the old Sheraton, now known as the 201Hotel. There is something

special about that venue as it was the place of my first pen show. I

bought my first Edison and Bexley pens there. Now, let's hope the

weather holds up!

For those of us who are put off by the cost of parking at the hotel (about $45/ day, there is the Gateway parking lot about a 3 minute walk at $22/ day. I know that not everybody is comfortable with public transportation, but there is easy Uber/Lyft and a subway to the train station and the airport..

All things work out in the end. If it is not working out, it is not the end.

Great show. Very professional & friendly organizer. Varied vendors. Wonderful hotel, except for parking, as mentioned above. Great restaurants in area. What's not to enjoy about being snowed in for 3 days with friendly folks and thousands of fountain pens!

Can't wait. See you all there.

I have been waiting for the list of dealers coming. It would be nice to plan ahead. Should one just rely on the list from the 2018 January show?

Jyrki

Isn't the Gateway weekend parking charge $7 a day (Saturday, Sunday), or am I missing something? I know that won't work for Friday, but usually that isn't when most people are going...

I parked there for like $2, or maybe $5 for a whole Saturday a few years ago, it's really just across the street, not really a walk at all....

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Isn't the Gateway weekend parking charge $7 a day (Saturday, Sunday), or am I missing something? I know that won't work for Friday, but usually that isn't when most people are going...

I parked there for like $2, or maybe $5 for a whole Saturday a few years ago, it's really just across the street, not really a walk at all....

Sure looks good on paper, er, on its site, at least!

Philadelphia Gateway Parking Garage

PwXRFl0.png

Thanks for the heads up. :)

~ S.

Yes- The Public Garage across the street is still only $7 on weekends!

Looking forward to my "Home Show"

Will be in the Ballroom with 4 tables- as the other hotel!

Frank

Fed Pens

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

I have been waiting for the list of dealers coming. It would be nice to plan ahead. Should one just rely on the list from the 2018 January show?

Jyrki

Just about two (2) weeks away and the vendor list doesn't seem to have been updated.

I will certainly be there!!!

This is the best news I have heard as of 2019 for now.

Look forward to meeting all the penlovers under one hut.

I'll be there on Saturday. Not sure what impact the Eagles playoff game may have on Show attendance leading up to the game!