Looking For A Vintage Pilot Automatic H-5005 Mechanical Pencil

Rate Topic 0

xiaozhenyang4444

Hello guys, I am a mechanical pencil collector from China. It's my first time posting here in FPN.

I have been seeking for a PILOT Automatic H-5005 Vanishing Point Mechanical Pencil for 5 years, and this is the 6th year. I think many of you have heard of it. It's very rare, and I already looked over ALL the websites that have a keyword "PILOT AUTOMATIC H-5005" that I can find on Google. I did see some auctions in Japan for it during the past few years, but I missed it because of many reasons.

I have talked to many pencil collectors outside of China. I don't think it had been sold officially by PILOT in outside Japan, but what surprised me is that I heard some collectors from North and South America owned this pencil before. It has been a problem that not only me but also many of my friends (also pencil collectors) have the money to buy it for a really high price, but we cannot find even a single piece. Under such a situation, one of my friend suggested me to ask for help here since FPN is probably the most widespread forum in which I can find collectors who have been collecting pens or pencils for several decades.

To complete my collection of Pilot Vanishing Point mechanical pencil, I will need this H-5005 eventually. But I will also need some other pencils to complete my whole collection. Here I listed some below:

Sakura Free Matic ES1000A

Sakura Archi Y2

Sakura AT matic ATS3000 (I have the blue barrel one, looking for a black version)

Faber-Castell Alpha-matic (silver version. I have the 230th gold version, executive, titanium, bronze and the plastic versions, need a silver one)

I really appreciate that if someone can help me. I prefer buying directly, however exchange with pencil/fountain pens is also possible. I attach the photo of H-5005 below.

post-145597-0-88242100-1543205315_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xiaozhenyang4444

• Bo Bo Olson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you should have posted this in writes but not a fountain pen.

I do love the Pelikan 450 mechanical pencil.........after spending 60 years hating the Jotter MP.

Do take a look at the 450, great balance.

I pulled the 450 out of the cob web corner box, and scribbled a few words....don't know why....in I really hated mechanical pencils. It took me 6 weeks to run out of lead, that I didn't scribble with a fountain pen.

Not impressed with the 455 ball point.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

xiaozhenyang4444

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I owned some Pelikan 450 pencils. I posted in writes, unfortunately there is no one reply yet.

I think you should have posted this in writes but not a fountain pen.

I do love the Pelikan 450 mechanical pencil.........after spending 60 years hating the Jotter MP.

Do take a look at the 450, great balance.

I pulled the 450 out of the cob web corner box, and scribbled a few words....don't know why....in I really hated mechanical pencils. It took me 6 weeks to run out of lead, that I didn't scribble with a fountain pen.

Not impressed with the 455 ball point.