Blackstone Lights Violet

Jamerelbe

This is the second in a series of reviews, looking at the Blackstone Lights inks that were released in recent weeks. If you're familiar with Blackstone you'll know that their previous ranges of inks were highly saturated inks with bold, strong colours. This range was designed to appeal to those who prefer their inks lighter, and/or brighter, and generally less saturated. It certainly succeeds in that aim - especially with their Violet colour, which is the most delicate / least saturated in the range.

dg0dpOc.jpg

Kevin from JustWrite.com.au very kindly included a bottle of this ink with my order - I didn't order it, because I didn't expect to enjoy it. Violet is a pale lavender colour, and in all honesty, it's not a shade I'm drawn to. But it's a more pleasant shade than I was expecting, and as with the other inks in the range, it has a very pleasant flow. So, if you're into delicate lavender shades... this might be just your thing!

O9g5tAW.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamerelbe

• bass1193

• inkstainedruth

• PaganArcher

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a color I could see myself using rather often. If only I had good luck with getting parcels from Australia.

Hopefully these inks will be picked up by US and European distributors eventually - their other inks are already for sale through different European online stores (see http://blackstone.ink/ for details).

Thanks for the review, but I d0nt think these will be for me.

No worries - I wouldn't have bought the Violet, though I'm not sorry to have been 'gifted' a bottle!

This looks a fair amount like Skrip Purple or vintage Quink Violet. I could see myself using this color.

Thanks for the review. And not.... (I do not need more ink I do not need more ink I do not need more ink....)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Holy (bleep) are those bottles ugly.

Hah right! I bought my first from Anderson, when they still said they were packaged in Nalgene bottles (which would look like these anyway mostly). Imagine my disappointment when I got it in and saw that it was some Australian (?) knockoff just like these!

But when I opened it and inked a pen for the first time, think it was my Supra, holy s*** was I in love! The ink is not really displayable in its packaging, especially since it doesn't come in a box to help UV protection, but boy howdy is the liquid some amazing stuff! I'm waxing ecstatic about Daintree, btw. Good stuff, sir, good stuff indeed.

Holy (bleep) are those bottles ugly.

Ugly but highly functional - and much lighter when it comes to overseas shipping. I'll grant you, though, the stickers on these inks aren't as pretty as for the Colours of Australia and Scents of Australia lines of ink...

@Honey, the bottles are necessary when shipping from Australia. They are excellent in that they do not leak and they do not break easily.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY