De Atramentis Document Inks Revisited - The 2018 Collection

Morbus Curiositas

A lot better the white of the paper is white now.

Although the yellow still has this orange Hue (please compare with the scan)

GYgpLBw.jpg

This is he print screen of lightroom. My laptop (asus) can show 100% RGB and the monitor is calibrated

Have a look at the histogram… Peak on the left and peak on the right ( I guess this has to do with the high contrast between Black and White

BTW Used non direct light and calibrated my camera with a grey card

It's tough. Digital cameras and how they process colour is a lengthy subject. How we represent reflected light (ie light bouncing back off the inks on the page) with transmitted light (what we see from a monitor) is a tricky process.

I remember teams of people in print houses trying to replicate Fuji Velvia's super saturated colours in a colour print and visaversa.

Trying to show all the colours at once, as you have, is really difficult as sensors / software / conversions are more sensitive to some colours than others.

I always adjust the photo of my swatches with my swatch in front of me - and I only do one ink at a time. :blush:

I commend you for your achievements and your review is an EXCELLENT starting point for anyone looking to buy the DA Document inks B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbus Curiositas

• lapis

• Tas

• lgsoltek

• 5 weeks later...

Wowsers, what an epic review! Thank you!

I haven't tried any De Atramentis inks yet but looks like I'll need to in the near future. Though I have more ink than I could ever use, I'm always on the hunt for great water resistant/proof inks (I have most of Noodler's bulletproof inks).

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, Peter, for this outstanding review! Excellent work! Thank you for taking all that time to do this.

I am embarrassed to say that I just now saw this review, although I have been considering obtaining some document inks. I have been using dye based inks mostly, but may be needing to switch to more permanent inks in the near future.

Thank you again! You are the best!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 5 months later...

Belated thanks for this great review and all the outstanding replies. Goulet Pens sells a sample set of the full line of De Atramentis Document inks, which I shall be ordering forthwith.

• 8 months later...

Awesome review for sure !

Does anyone ever try the Green Grey ?

LYTH

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee402/LYTH1/031.jpg

I just love seeing the mixes and the great review. Thank you, MC.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY