Is There A List Of Every Wing Sung Pen Out There?

eharriett

I saw blueprints on a online platform of antique, which are Sheaffer snorkel, Parker 61, Pilot Capless and some other fps and drawn in 1960s.

Feel free to share a link! I'd love to see these! Or PM me, if it's not appropriate to post such publicly.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tefolim

• bass1193

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

• eharriett

You always have such great details to share! Do you know if they got the tooling to make these nibs from Sheaffer? Or did they develop their own?

oh I forgot. Nanjing considered itself as the second factory which can produce triumph nib in CHINA according an ad in 1980s though I think it is the third one.

Feel free to share a link! I'd love to see these! Or PM me, if it's not appropriate to post such publicly.

https://m.baidu.com/sf/vsearch?pd=image_content&word=%E5%9B%BD%E5%A4%96%E8%87%AA%E6%9D%A5%E6%B0%B4%E7%AC%94%E7%BB%93%E6%9E%84%E5%85%B0%E5%9B%BE&tn=vsearch&atn=page&sa=vs_ala_img&fr=alawise&cardserver=2&lid=11458510347685504663

The first picture is part of Parker 61's blueprint.

It is chinese website and needs logging in.

http://m.997788.com/pr/detail_982_24874234_0.html

Wow that's awesome! Are these for the pens to be copied as the first step in reverse-engineering them or blueprints for the copies?

Wow that's awesome! Are these for the pens to be copied as the first step in reverse-engineering them or blueprints for the copies?

The first step,Measurement.

Then

Copy/Improvement/Simplification.

IMG_20160802_215842_11.jpg

IMG_20160802_2159291.jpg

IMG_20160802_2202391.jpg

My father‘s broken 258 Lucky bee-style from one of my granduncles.

Snorkel.

It should be made by Dah-Loh before Dah-Loh made over production line to Xinhua(WingSung). And I do not know whether WingSung continued producing 258 Lucky while WingSung continued producing 215 Lucky, triumph nib.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Triumph nib fountain pen it's also GOLDEN STAR 919 .

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

达安DAAN 828 is a triumph nib fountain pen.

The manufactor 达安制笔公司 (maybe Daan Pen Company in English) also got a patent about its own capless fountain pen in 2002, howeIver, I do not know whether DAAN's capless appeared on market or not

Sheaffer cooperated with WingSung in 1990s. While Chinese triumph nib began from mid 1950s.

So I do not think sheaffer provide the tool to Chinese manufactors.

So Sheaffer had an affiliation with Wing Sung, Parker with Hero.

Is there any other Chinese brand that had similar connection with western manufacturer?

Honestly this is a very interesting facts that I am looking to know even deeper.

Another Triumph nib fountain pen's from Wing Sung :

- Wing Sung 727 ,

- Wing Sung 9902 ,

- Wing Sung 320 - Cloisonne ,

- Wing Sung 236 ,

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius
I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I just received via the Bay, a NOS Wing Sung 836 from the 1990s.  I can't authenticate it is actually a Wing Sung as I have not found any reference to that model anywhere to date.  Maybe someone can help.

But .. the markings on the pen and the vacuumatic filler are Wing Sung brand mark.  So I am about 90% convinced.  The original listing is https://www.ebay.com/itm/233169178915.

I have also attached a photo of the pen and its first test run with Diamine Oxblood.

Cheers....

IMG_0603.jpg