• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JRWhite

• pkotrcka

• TheDutchGuy

• langere

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a wonderful pen,. I have both the original (which you can get used for a reasonable price) and the new (black) one. It's a good, solid pen that is reliable and with a good nib. Not too expensive.

There is also a new "limited edition" in tortoise, which is way more expensive. I'm sure it's just as good as the regular and the original.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

I have one and I love it. Currently, it is my 2nd favorite pen; just behind my Lamy 2000 and just ahead of my Pilot Custom 743.

It is shorter than the 2000 capped, but longer both uncapped and posted. The section feels about the same diameter. The 743 is longer than both, and the section is thicker. I like the flared section of the Dia 2 better than the 2000’s tapered section.

The Dia 2 is heavier than both the 2000 and the 743 by a couple grams. It’s too back-weighted for my preference when posted, but that doesn’t matter since I don’t write posted.

My Dia 2 has an EF nib, which to me writes more like a fine. It has some feedback, but is definitely not scratchy. I find it to be a very pleasant writing experience.

Keo and Langere, thanks for your responses. They were what I was hoping to "hear." I've read some comments about the nib size seeming small in proportion to the body, but I don't see that as a deal killer as long as it's reasonably well balanced and performs as it should.

It's a rather nice pen (third from left)

I like the vintage look of it and love the build quality, sort of heavy duty.

The nib does look slightly small (it's the same nib that goes on the Sport model) but in writing you don't really notice much.

Mine writes really wet and smooth.

fpn_1541370541__p1080916-3_kaweco_dia_2.

Great pics, Sansenri, thx! It gives me a clear sense of the nib size in relation to the body and other familiar pens. As you point out and I suspected it's the same as the Sport. I really like my Sport and it is what attracted me to the Dia, along with the retro design, which I'm also partial to.

I'm a happy owner of a Dia2 (Black version) with M nib size, the grip is one of the best I have and tried, very comfortable.

The M nib size gives the same width of a Lamy 2000 F nib.

I hardly recommend it .

Kaweco seems to be on a roll lately, nib-wise. It used to be a bit hit-or-miss, but lately I've seen amazing nibs from them at every price point. My son bought a Kaweco Special Brass EF a few months back and I sort of envy him. One of the best pens I've ever had the pleasure of using. Smooth, wet, very very pleasant feel on paper. This weekend I bought a cheapo Sport F in burgundy because it was discounted and I needed (or rather: wanted) a burgundy pen for a bottle of Noodler's Burgundy ink. A-ma-zing writing pen!

I had a Dia2 once but that was a while ago and the nib on that one was a dud, so I had to return it. Might have to look into it again someday.

Hope you'll enjoy yours1

I have one in use for the last few weeks, the pen is better in hand and writing than the Parker Sonnet IMHO.

Only problem I found if you use a normal size Kaweco converter the spring inside the body will cause the converter to expel ink when unscrewing the nib from body to check how much ink is left.

Please do not ask how I found this out :rolleyes:

I appreciate the heads up on the spring loaded converter, Aderoy. Without it, I would likely may be issuing the same caution to others in the future.

Only problem I found if you use a normal size Kaweco converter the spring inside the body will cause the converter to expel ink when unscrewing the nib from body to check how much ink is left.

The spring is great if you use a cartridge. It will not fall out. I use springs from cheap throwaway ballpoints to achieve the same in several of my pens. I'd just remove the spring from the Dia2 if you intend to use the converter.

I have an Amber Dia 2, which I found from a German eBay seller (new) at a very reasonable price.

I really like it - the tortoiseshell has a glow to it, and is much more attractive than the Pelikan Renaissance Brown, IMO. It's well proportioned, nicely balanced and light without being in anyway insubstantial. I haven't tested it in a long writing session, but I can't imagine it causing any hand fatigue. I don't post my pens though. Plus I've just picked it up after not having written with it for at least a couple of weeks and it started first time.

I like that it's individually numbered too (think that's just the Amber version though).

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Judging by the prices I see for the amber Dia 2, bbs, you're very fortunate. I'd love a crack at an Amber; I can only hope to stumble upon a similar opportunity. I'll cast about for one none the less.

• 6 months later...

The Kaweco Dia 2 was the first Fountain Pen I ever owned, I picked it up for around 100 Euros in 2012.

I had completely forgotten about it til about one week ago when I did some desk-drawer cleaning. Now inked with the ink I bought that same day, Gutenberg Königsblau (Royal Blue).

The pen is fantastic! Nice solid weight and beautiful, my daily writer now.

The pen is fantastic! Nice solid weight and beautiful, my daily writer now.

Always a lovely feeling to rediscover a forgotten pen. Enjoy. thumbup.gif

What nib did you get?

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 1 month later...

I will renew this topic if I may.

I am a lucky and happy owner of a Dia 2 both in classic black and in Amber (366/1000). But these are not the same (other than the finish, of course). In my black one, there is a spring, in Amber there is not. Also, I do not have the original converter yet, so I wanted to use Jinhao one (the one that looks a bit like Lamy, with the knob with flat sides) and it fits into the black one but not into the Amber.

Does anyone know if the Kaweco converter will fit into the Amber one once I get it? It seems like there is something else than a spring, maybe some solid piece of metal with narrower hole in it, so converter knob can not fit.

I do not mind using (and refill) cartridges, but the converter is a bit more comfortable (at least the cleaning part).

Thanks for any of your answers.

post-126325-0-67686600-1563235450_thumb.jpg

... I believe in purple ink

Yes, Kaweco should work, of course (it is Kaweco).. It is just that other converters fit into the black Dia but not into Amber Dia so I just wanted to be sure that someone tested it in this exact pen :-) There are some differences in the barrel of those two pens despite the same name.

Edited by pkotrcka

Well, update - I have a standard Kaweco converter in amber Dia 2 and it is hard to screw the barrel on + the converter is stuck in the barrel when I unscrew it.