binbean

Hello everyone,

After two days waiting, finally I got approved. So glad to meet all of you here. I love fountain pens and the most interesting thing to me is fountain pen mechanism. I love button mechanism and also the capless one (which is very easy to get in Japan). What is your favorite?

Im also working on an IOS, maybe firstly an excel sheet that can help fountain pen lovers manage their pen collection. Its lovely that i can share everything about fountain pen here since my friends around my age are with iphone all day 😭.

Thank you and I hope you have a nice day.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• binbean

• ThomasB

• mana

• Wahl

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome to this friendly little corner of the universe from a fountain pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello ! Welcome ! I too am a new FPN member. I was in Japan last week, but didn't make it to any pen shops. I love the Pilot/Namiki VP, I have a few. I wondered if these are a better price in Japan than the U.S.. I have ordered online from vendors in Japan. Best regards, George "Arivistapen" Uyeda

Hi binbean,

My favorite pens are Japanese and I am very fond of Pilot Vanishing Point. Glad you are here.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

Hello ! Welcome ! I too am a new FPN member. I was in Japan last week, but didn't make it to any pen shops. I love the Pilot/Namiki VP, I have a few. I wondered if these are a better price in Japan than the U.S.. I have ordered online from vendors in Japan. Best regards, George "Arivistapen" Uyeda

Very nice to hear that you have been to Japan 😊😊

And yes, the price is better when you buy directly in Japan, especially online store that ships within Japan.such as Pen House or Nagasawa or stores on Rakuten and Amazon.

Online vendor that ships abroad might offer at a little bit higher prices but many of them are really reliable and have great prices. Lastime when I was in Singapore, I had great experiences with Pisuke, Engeika so maybe you can try them out.

Best regards from Japan_Binbean

Edited by binbean

Hi binbean,

My favorite pens are Japanese and I am very fond of Pilot Vanishing Point. Glad you are here.

Thats lovely to hear! Thank you very much 🙏🏻

Greeting from Finland and welcome to FPN! Japan = Awesome! There are so many things I love about Japan starting from the people, food and culture. :)

My favorite fountain pen things are piston fillers (vintage Pelikans especially) and blue-black & turquoise inks. Currently running with Pelikan 4001 inks mainly but finally got around to ordering Sailor Souboku which should be awesome. Too bad it is rather terribly hard to get and pricey in the EU...

Anyway, welcome again, this is certainly the right place to be if you love fountain pens. :)

Greeting from Finland and welcome to FPN! Japan = Awesome! There are so many things I love about Japan starting from the people, food and culture. :)

My favorite fountain pen things are piston fillers (vintage Pelikans especially) and blue-black & turquoise inks. Currently running with Pelikan 4001 inks mainly but finally got around to ordering Sailor Souboku which should be awesome. Too bad it is rather terribly hard to get and pricey in the EU...

Anyway, welcome again, this is certainly the right place to be if you love fountain pens. :)

Thank you very much. I do like piston filler system and Sailor Souboku too. This new line is awesome. Im so lucky that they are very easy to get in Japan. Hopefully you will come here someday 😊