Wing Sung 9159 And 3001 Your Comparison/thoughts?

Lomi

Hello there , and i guess it's going to be my first post there ><

So i'm getting myself quite a few pens that i guess i might later share info and my thought about, but i'm here right now to talk about only two, i'm looking at different pens and my eye caught an interesting coincidence, there 4 exactly similar pens with slight difference that are all copy of Pilot 78G, they are well known Wing Sung 659 (was a first test? + it's hard to aquire?), Wing Sung 3001(A)(second test of the same pen?) Wing Sung 9159(most newer pen?), and Hero 1202 all in transparent body or clear color as they call it.
Most of them was already discussed there but i want to know what the major difference between 9159 and 3001A because they are easiest to aquire right now, if some of you guys have two of them pls share info on how they both perform and if is one feel like predecessor to another or not?

i can see that 9159 on all photos and reviews have clear feed and nib that have Wing Sung logo on it + they can be purchased with full silver look to it and full golden (colored nib+clip+rings in this colors) also this model have word "Lucky" on the clip, is this all the difference to it?
3001A on the other hand doesn't have any logo on nib, only name of the company "Wing Sung", and cannot be purchased in silver, about feed idk i guess it's clear too and clip as i seen have word "Wing.s" on it
in Hero 1202 and Wing Sung 659 i'm not that interested but i guess they all perform quite the same.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lomi

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

• OCArt

All of the pens you mention are good. Choosing between these is mainly a matter of style and taste.

I'm a fan of the inexpensive Chinese pens but their quality control can be off. You may need to make adjustments to the nib in terms of alignment and ink flow. Nearly all Chinese pens come with a "fine" nib even if they are labelled "medium."

Here in the USA these pens are very inexpensive, how are they priced in Russia?

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

All of the pens you mention are good. Choosing between these is mainly a matter of style and taste.

I'm a fan of the inexpensive Chinese pens but their quality control can be off. You may need to make adjustments to the nib in terms of alignment and ink flow. Nearly all Chinese pens come with a "fine" nib even if they are labelled "medium."

Here in the USA these pens are very inexpensive, how are they priced in Russia?

i see, so it's only small visual differences

well they are cheap here too, I buy them through aliexpress usually more than through ebay, all for under 1-3 dollars including shipping, but i guess both places are good, sometimes something cheaper on ali sometimes on ebay

P.S. found another one similar to them - Yiren 358, i'm guess there might be more of them ><

Edited by Lomarion

Wing Sunt 659 is the best of all the pen's the material from which the pen is made is better of all . And the nib's are from 0,38 (EF) to 0,7 (M) i have all of them and 659 ia the Best .

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

Wing Sunt 659 is the best of all the pen's the material from which the pen is made is better of all . And the nib's are from 0,38 (EF) to 0,7 (M) i have all of them and 659 ia the Best .

ordered 9159 already, will look at it first, but thank you for your input, didnt know 659 can come with 0.7 (M) nib

i guess eventually i will try it too, but not now ><

Wing Sung fountain pen's are made by several chinese pen companies that have licensing to use the wing Sung name. The 6xx series it's made by green the same company that made Wing Sung 698 , Wing Sung 618 , Wing Sung 626 and they use high quality materials .

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius