Your Favorite Purple Black Inks

amberleadavis

I love purple black inks. Think more along the lines of Private Reserve Ebony Purple and less along the lines of the grey purples Kobe Tamon Purple.

So what are your favorites?

Feel free to add pictures.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Purple/PR-Ebony_Purple.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• A Smug Dill

• NeverTapOut

• ENewton

This is one of my favorites. (Bystnnyc found it, but a dear friend gifted it to me).

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/photo4_zpsabd7abd2.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_2245.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink//Colors/Washed/Washed_0062.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_2248.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink//Colors/Washed/Washed_0064.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/09-September/slides/2016-09-22_29.jpg

I'm looking for my picture of Bungbox Ink of the Witch. I love that one.

Here is one from Tas.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_sailor_ink_of_witch_swatch.jpg

I almost added the image. It seems so gray to me. I think it looks like the Akkerman Violet.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Purple/15-Akkerman.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_2246.jpg

Eclipse!

(sorry, that post-colour up there isn't not black enough)

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I love purple black inks. Think more along the lines of Private Reserve Ebony Purple and less along the lines of the grey purples Kobe Tamon Purple.

So what are your favorites?

Feel free to add pictures.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Purple/PR-Ebony_Purple.jpg

HUMMMMMM. If PURPLE Ink.... My favorite is hands down, Private Reserve Tanzanite

I don't have a favorite - I love them all. But that ebony purple does find its way into my pens quite often...

I also have an old concoction of inky water, from years back, that is now a really nice purple-black ink. I think in those days I used more purple and black than today - for the last several years my inky water concoctions tend to blackish teal...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

KWZ IG Gummiberry would be mine.....

Followed by Diamine Grape in a wet nib...

I do have an inordinate amount of murky purples such as KWZ Brown Pink, R&K Scabiosa, Diamine Tyrian Purple, and J. Herbin Poussiere De Lune which I really enjoy as well but only would be dark enough in very wet or fine nibbed pens I imagine...

Edited by JakobS

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Eclipse!

(sorry, that's not black enough)

OTOP, DeA's Aubergine.

HUMMMMMM. If PURPLE Ink.... My favorite is hands down, Private Reserve Tanzanite

My favorite is Sailor Kobe Suma Purple.

I don't have a favorite - I love them all. But that ebony purple does find its way into my pens quite often...

I also have an old concoction of inky water, from years back, that is now a really nice purple-black ink. I think in those days I used more purple and black than today - for the last several years my inky water concoctions tend to blackish teal...

KWZ IG Gummiberry would be mine.....

Followed by Diamine Grape in a wet nib...

I do have an inordinate amount of murky purples such as KWZ Brown Pink, R&K Scabiosa, Diamine Tyrian Purple, and J. Herbin Poussiere De Lune which I really enjoy as well but only would be dark enough in very wet or fine nibbed pens I imagine...

PICTURES PRETTY PLEASE

Has anyone tried Diamine Lilac Night?

Has anyone tried Diamine Lilac Night?

Not me, sorry. It's not in the thirty colours of Diamine I ordered a few hours ago either. (Neither is Regency Blue, which I understand is very close to Sailor shigure.)

Surely you have seen visvamitra's review of it, though? Chrissy even provided a direct comparison of it against Sailor shigure.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng. Used so often it has lived in an eyedropper coverted Sheaffer School Pen for almost two years. A great all purpose ink.

KTC is a pretty special ink.

@Smug, thanks for the link.

Diamine Eclipse, not water resistant and a little dry, though still solid and very well made, and truly a purple black.

Sailor Shigure, simply an all-star with beautiful lubrication, though I wish it was a tad more vibrant, but it is still quite lovely.

De Atramentis Aubergine, is the definition of lovely for me, on the red side of dark purple, and photos can never do it justice.

KTC, though is more of a deep indigo, requires an ebonite feed, can write a thick line, so testy with drying out, but unprecedented in beauty in it's more specific color category.

Ink of Witch (on my wishlist and have sadly not tried yet).

Alas, apart from Sailor shigure, the only (I think) purple-black ink I have right now is an unopened bottle of Diamine Arabian Nights.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.