Making The Demonstrators Of My Favorite Pen's...

PENRob

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PENRob

• SoulSamurai

• Ben Looijesteijn

• amberleadavis

Hi Rob,

I received the crescent filler today. Man you are an artist. I'm very impressed. Not only with the construction, but with the design and writing quality as well! I'm proud to use it at the office.

Now it's my turn to try impress you. Wait and see...

Thanks again,

Benpost-109862-0-02435800-1543533740_thumb.jpeg

Very infrequent poster and relative newbie, but had to just say ...thank you... for your work. These are amazing examples of thinking outside the box!!!!!!!!!

Look forward to seeing more.

Hoi Ben, I finally found your enthousiast reply, I 'm happy you enjoy her... yes, the promise was my challenge to impress ! :0)

It's an nice example of cross cooperation, co-thinking and 1+1=3

Looking forward as well to your parcel and to continue...

To YPwalt, thanks as well for the compliment, late bloomer indeed @58 but surfing on a huge experience "Fountainbel" platform to learn from and being supported by.

In the meantime I finished the "hollow piston rodfiller", so that the piston can be pushed back trough the ink after filling, There is a flow trough the piston, hope you can understand from the pictures. A ball valve blocks back-flow when pushing down and shut-off whan closed. However it need still some improvement from small leak on the top seal package. Enjoy and find out...

post-126793-0-70439200-1544297255.jpg

post-126793-0-83300200-1544297274.jpg

post-126793-0-04583400-1544297302.jpg

post-126793-0-50411200-1544297315.jpg

post-126793-0-50492400-1544297336.jpg

post-126793-0-40506900-1544297354_thumb.jpg

Edited by PENRob

PenRob, that is a very exciting pen.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Awesome, it looks great! I don't quite understand the details of how it works, but I think I get the gist of it. Perhaps you could record a video of how it fills to make things clearer?

• 2 weeks later...

As a big fan of demonstrator pens, I got to say your work is truly remarkable!!! I have been going back and forth to your thread checking each pen out, over and over!

Nikolaos

Thank you Nikolaos, I'm happy you enjoy them... complexity or simplicity both challenge.

The idea is simple too and the final succesful result after rethinking, restarting, setbacks and supporting comments... is satisfying !

This one came-up "for fun" to find a non existing way to push back the piston rod after filling... I admit, its rather complex but nice to see.

And I agree for rod systems the Vac-fill by Sheaffer/TWSBI... or Conid way is easier and more preferable !

PENrob

post-126793-0-40489000-1545161906_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

What material are you using to make the pens? I was looking to make some demonstrators and thought about using cast acrylic rods, but if there is something better...

Hi Rob,

Congrats on turning pens into demontrators. If and when you continue on posting these, could you also add a pic of the original pen you started with before the make-over?

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, please keep sharing your beautiful creations.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 1 month later...

Hi dear penfriends and followers,

Sorry for my delayed reply"s, I am not so vain to look everyday...

- To Driften, indeed it's casted acrylic, drawn has more internal stress which may result in cracking afterwords even already during machining you already experince the more britle character. Better.., not as afar as I know, different colors, yes, but better....? I am planning Carbon, aluminum, celluloids...as well, but this remain the "demonstrator" post !

- To Kab, sure good idea, tomorrow I get you the Duofold !

- To all, many thanks for your interest and encouraging support, definately to be continued

Reason of break is wintertime, lath is in the garage... But I'm working to be independent from season !

Edited by PENRob

Hi KaB, as promised the deducted demonstrator pen's, Parker Duofold, Jade and black

A complete real Big Red I Still don't have, at least as it was canibalised to make the demonstrator... :0)

post-126793-0-88693400-1556780902.jpg

post-126793-0-39176200-1556780913.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes SoulSamurai, indeed sugestions are welcome !

For the moment a quick post from the promised Full demo 149, followed by a Conklin demo I finished this morning...

Read more...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/348674-montblanc-visualised/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/348942-vintage-montblanc-149-full-demonstrator-replica/page-2

post-126793-0-73023200-1567358801.jpg

Edited by PENRob