Hero 5066, 2018 Summer Holiday Release

Mech-for-i

Hero release their 5066 just around summer holiday and I've got myself the ginger yellow one for some time but just get around to actually ink it up & use it; been using it for a week or so just think I should share this one, very nicely done up and for those who like me not caring too much for all the clear piston demo, and not very fond of the triangular grip, this could be a welcome option. I find this more appealing and portable than the usual affairs of 359 or 3008/3009

45569433891_07fe20d913_k.jpgHero 5066, on Flickr

Its made up of extruded single piece aluminum barrel and cap , with legend silk printed on the top of the cap; brushed and colored finish but lacquered over so it feel glossy with a faint tactile feedback of the brushed texture ( it might be VPD coating, I am not so sure ), use the same matt aluminum finished ( equally lacquered over ) section for all color option ( which include the ginger yellow, dark grey, turquoise/sky blue and pink ), C/C filling ( same wide mouth type as all Lamy Style nib models, it came with a screw type converter ) and nib come in standard Fine. Something of a surprise in the clip. its spring load hinged but its plastic, the tough type used on camping gears like strap buckles. some measurement ... oh and finally the box it came in serve really well as a pen tray on the desk

- 149mm cappped

- 122mm unpped

- 158mm posted

- 11mm barrel diameter

- section is 10.5mm tapering to 9.3mm at the nib end

- 23g weight

fpn_1540576987__hero-5066.jpg

fpn_1540576969__hero-5066-nib.jpg

Edited by Mech-for-i

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mech-for-i

• NighthawkSix

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that review. Beautiful pen and very tempting. I don't see any listed on the usual western sites. Where are they available?

At me locale I can buy straight from their home market online store ( Taobao, JD ), but I've seen them offer on Ali-Express, but not yet on Amazon nor eBay .. your mileage may vary but check it ..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files