• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inksomnia

• inkstainedruth

• PensandPencilsDotNet

• Ronderick

Not remotely interested in Pokemon. But the pen itself is quite attractive looking (I like it when the clips don't look so much like paper clips, the way the standard chrome color nib on Safaris do).

What does "RMB" stand for? I couldn't find it on the website I use for currency exchange rates. So I don't know how "487 RMB" compares to something like USD, to know if that's a good price or catering to the LE market.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have been trying to order one. Preorder didn't succeed, but regular order should work when pen is launch. I used taobao agent first time, because I found this pen is worth the hassle. RMB is alternative for CNY, Chinese yuan. Pen is about 70 dollars. If you need currency conversios, google is really handy for that, Just type 487 RMB to USD and it gives you the conversion.

I'm not big fan of Lamy Safaries, but I love pokemons way too much. And pen has cool design. And all those extra stuff.

Edited by Inksomnia

:yikes:

Okay, well then. At $70 US I don't like the color THAT much.... Seriously not paying that for a Safari. I got the Dark Lilac LE for the cost of a normal one $29.60 US. Heck I paid even less for the Ruthenium LX, because I bought it from Lamy's old US distributor on closeout: $25....

Even though I'm the one who paid $12.95 for a 1960s Rat Fink on eBay.... :blush: (back when I was a kid they cost I think a dime or a quarter from a gumball machine...).

Nope, nope, nope, not paying anything like that kinda money for a Safari. That's *almost* what I paid a few years ago for my Plum Demi Parker 51 off eBay....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Nice idea and packaging but I'll pass, a yellow pen with a red clip, at $70. :D I am sure there will be takers for the novelty.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

A pen with the colours of the Spanish flag? Not in a million years!

Signed: a Spaniard who wishes he was born in another country (better still, in another planet)

Is this pen Genuine? Why would Lamy only sell it in China?

It is genuine. It was first announced in Lamy hong kong instagram account. There are many asia only special editions from Lamy.

As with the other discussions on Lamy Special Editions you could be forgiven for thinking that Lamy have been inspired by the Pokemon catch phrase

'Gotta catch them all' :lticaptd:

Do you know of any sites that would sell to the US?

No, it is really a China exclusive. You have to go to china or get it thru taobao agent or wait one to appear on the ebay. Taobao agent and ebay are both risky, you don't know what you get. I'm not giving direct link to agent, because I haven't yet sure are they legit or not.