Rotring600user

It seems like it only writes well when you apply pressure so I think you can try to spread the tines. Just grab the shoulder and pull gently. It's actually pretty common for Bock/Jowo/Schmidt nibs. Also Pilot nibs from oversea retailers. These days I almost feel like adjusting the flow is a must-have skill for FP users.

will give it a try, thanks

you're right about needing to have some nib adjusting knowledge...

PS, I have just tried, it has improved!

I may need to insist a bit more.

Thanks, I was not sure this might be the issue, I had never seen this strange behavior before (only on the upstroke)

Edited by sansenri

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• DasKaltblut

• Mech-for-i

• JollyCynic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These days I almost feel like adjusting the flow is a must-have skill for FP users.

I'm afraid you may be right. I wonder if manufacturers are making dry nibs on purpose based on the assumption that everyone has been ruined by ballpoints and will apply a lot of pressure anyway haha.

Incidentally, I just finished another fill on my M100 and it has always been slightly wet with flow, just a little scratchy for me. It performed marvelously when grading 70 student essays on the worst kinds of paper imaginable.

Edited by TruthPil

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• 1 month later...

After being out of stock for few month M100 returning, so if anyone who wanted to buy Moonman M100 and didn't had a chance - they are restocking them in Dark Rose, Brown, Quicksand blue and Art Genre/Art Red? this probably happened few days ago because i was cheking last week and there still was only few left, and now you can again find them in this 4 colors both at Taobao and Ebay. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone ! I did order awhile ago 2 moonman M100 (sand something and the rose one). Unfortunetely they are the worse writers ever. I asked to a youtuber which brand for changing the all nib unit and he says Schmidt. Here is the none fun part, I don't find any online shop whom sell #5 schmidt nib unit, and in the schmidt website there is too much references I am totally lost. If someone has a good sellers in mind I will be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

My M100 also came with a pretty bad nib. I could only find Schmidt nib units at JetPens in America. The cost with shipping to Europe was literally more than the pen. There were a few size 5 nibs I wasn't able to make work (Moonman own-brand, for example), and I did get Jinhao nibs to work, but wasn't really pleased with them over time.

Finally I just had to fix the Schmidt that came with it. It took a long time, and I had to come back to it a few months later after I'd practised a lot more. But it's an absolute beauty of a nib and pen, now.

My M100 also came with a pretty bad nib. I could only find Schmidt nib units at JetPens in America. The cost with shipping to Europe was literally more than the pen. There were a few size 5 nibs I wasn't able to make work (Moonman own-brand, for example), and I did get Jinhao nibs to work, but wasn't really pleased with them over time.

Finally I just had to fix the Schmidt that came with it. It took a long time, and I had to come back to it a few months later after I'd practised a lot more. But it's an absolute beauty of a nib and pen, now.

Thanks... I don't think I will keep the owner nib... I will try with the nib unit from Jet pens even they don't really have choices except there is a broad one. I hope someone can have anymore info. I did try with a Jinhao as well but it feels not great to write with, to be honest I want to give them a chance and not to put my pens in garbage, the feeder is also in the dry side... so all the unit needs to be put aside for something else. Thank you for your experience, I keep in mind jetpens.

Hello everyone ! I did order awhile ago 2 moonman M100 (sand something and the rose one). Unfortunetely they are the worse writers ever.

Hmmm. In which way(s) specifically are they such bad writers?

I bought four Moonman M100 pens a few months ago, and the nibs all write fine (in more ways than one); on the strength of that, I just bought four Moonman M200 pens (which I just picked up from the post office a few minutes ago) because they also have Schmidt nibs.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Hmmm. In which way(s) specifically are they such bad writers?

I bought four Moonman M100 pens a few months ago, and the nibs all write fine (in more ways than one); on the strength of that, I just bought four Moonman M200 pens (which I just picked up from the post office a few minutes ago) because they also have Schmidt nibs.

Hi sorry to answer only today. On holydays so I don't really have the net everywhere. It's badly scratchy, I try to fix it but only few progress. Maybe baby bump and the feeder seems dry (canal obstruction ???). It's get better with a Jinhao fine nib so I will try to find some schmidt nib unit (which is the best brand to use for this pen).

• 2 years later...

I bought a blue M100 back in 2018. It has been one of my best writers, much to my chagrin as I have more expensive pens. Also, when I hand over my pens to let someone choose which pen for me to sign my book with, almost everybody chooses the Moonman, just because the shine and colour is so pretty. It has played very well with Diamine Earl Grey ink. I was so pleased with this pen that I recently got myself another one in Dark Rose, and that has been a delight as well. The price has since gone up.... I think people are appreciating these! The size and shape of the barrel is just right for my smallish hand, and I appreciate having a very fine nib as my handwriting is small. Everything about it, balance, the elegant taper, I like. Looks like I found a holy grail pen in a cheap Chinese model. Unexpected but a good thing!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 10:13 AM, manolo said:

I wonder if any stub nib could be fitted to this wonderful pen. Something from Bock or Jowo, Anybody tried this?

Most generic #5 nibs fit the M100 feed unit. I've used the nibs from old TSWBI 540's that have disintegrated long time ago F, Stub, BB ground to cursive italic. I believe they were made by Jowo. Currently, I have a generic black F nib made by some unknown brand Jaimill(?) inside the Schmidt nib unit of the M100. Any Moonman "SuperQuality" #5 nib will fit also, as 95% of any #5 nibs found on AliExpress, Ebay, Taobao, etc.

JaimilL.jpg

I got a Jinhao M600. I ordered JoWo nibs from Anderson Pens. It fit well. Both were #6. I really like Anderson’s 1.1mm stub nibs. 

Posted Image

On 11/13/2021 at 1:01 PM, VillersCotterets said:

Most generic #5 nibs fit the M100 feed unit. I've used the nibs from old TSWBI 540's that have disintegrated long time ago F, Stub, BB ground to cursive italic. I believe they were made by Jowo. Currently, I have a generic black F nib made by some unknown brand Jaimill(?) inside the Schmidt nib unit of the M100. Any Moonman "SuperQuality" #5 nib will fit also, as 95% of any #5 nibs found on AliExpress, Ebay, Taobao, etc.

JaimilL.jpg

Well, in my limited experience trying to tune the Moonman M100, I have tried a #5 Jinhao nib and an old gold Herlitz nib, and they do not fit, so that 95% that you quote might be too optimistic. I have exchanged the full assembly of nib+feed with a Faber Castell Loom, and very surprisingly it fits perfectly.