Rotring600user

You all are just determined to talk me into getting one of these pens, aren't you? =P

OK fine, I'll grab one when they go on sale in China for the Double Eleven shopping day.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• DasKaltblut

• Mech-for-i

• JollyCynic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You all are just determined to talk me into getting one of these pens, aren't you? =P

OK fine, I'll grab one when they go on sale in China for the Double Eleven shopping day.

It is an excellent pen. There are some things worth mentioning though. I notice some crossthreadinh but less then on my Platinum President. It is a small pen just a bit larger than Sailor 1911 Standard but it does not post as nicely or securely as Sailor does.

But despite this, for a tenth of the price you get same quality finish and material that European and American manufacturers will charge you an arm and a leg for.

I’m ordering another one today.

Does anyone know what nib can I use to replace Schmidt number 5 nib? It’s gold coloured and I would prefer silver colour?

Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Sailor Nagasawa Proske, Sailor 1911 Standard, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Parker 51, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Platinum Preppy

It is an excellent pen. There are some things worth mentioning though. I notice some crossthreadinh but less then on my Platinum President. It is a small pen just a bit larger than Sailor 1911 Standard but it does not post as nicely or securely as Sailor does.

But despite this, for a tenth of the price you get same quality finish and material that European and American manufacturers will charge you an arm and a leg for.

I’m ordering another one today.

Does anyone know what nib can I use to replace Schmidt number 5 nib? It’s gold coloured and I would prefer silver colour?

Thanks for your input.

Individual Schmidt nib units can be purchased online. For example, Jetpens sells silver-colored #5 Schmidt nibs that will screw right into the M100:

https://www.jetpens.com/Schmidt-FH241-Fountain-Pen-Nib-Broad/pd/14481

I have a broad one of those in my Kaco Edge right now and it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the brown and blue one. It's smaller than I thought it was and kind of needs to be posted, which is unfortunate because it doesn't post secure. The nib does make the smallness issue a bit worse and it is dry too as mentioned. (Wet ink makes it tolerable however.) The cap cross threading is a big annoyance as I unscrew caps often. The converter seems decent however and it looks great. Lastly the clip isn't flimsy​ but at the same time could be stiffer.

Over all it is worth the 30 dollars but no more. The fact that is pen is standardized is a big plus otherwise the score would be lower. 7/10

<b>Inked up:</b> Ranga 3C, Lamy 2000, Pilot Custom 74, Pelikan m205 , Platinum Preppy, Pilot Decimo<br><b>Inks currently using:</b> Troublemaker Blue Guitar, Nemosine Alpha Centauri, Noodler’s Navy, Aircorps blue black<br> Signature ink and pen: Noodler’s Navy + Lamy 2000

I have the brown and blue one. It's smaller than I thought it was and kind of needs to be posted, which is unfortunate because it doesn't post secure. The nib does make the smallness issue a bit worse and it is dry too as mentioned. (Wet ink makes it tolerable however.) The cap cross threading is a big annoyance as I unscrew caps often. The converter seems decent however and it looks great. Lastly the clip isn't flimsy​ but at the same time could be stiffer.

Over all it is worth the 30 dollars but no more. The fact that is pen is standardized is a big plus otherwise the score would be lower. 7/10

I think you are spot on

Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Sailor Nagasawa Proske, Sailor 1911 Standard, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Parker 51, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Platinum Preppy

I just got the sandy beach color (brown and blue swirls) and cannot believe how good the pen is. The fit and finish are nothing short of outstanding. The threads are crisp and smooth and the acrylic is polished to an ultra gloss that might give proper celluloid a run for its money in the depth of color. The size is nice and medium, I'm a huge sucker for torpedo pens with very unadorned bodies, and the simple gorgeous acrylic with the imbedded clip and no cap or tail band makes it a stunner.

The EF schmidt nib and schmidt converter write superbly, the nib is quite soft and bouncy (but not flexible) and the writing experience is sublime.

I was kind of iffy on buying a $30 chinese pen with a steel nib that wasn't PenBBS, but this thing could easily cost $75-150 and carry an edison badge. I liked it so much I hunted down the tortise shell color and ordered another.

Mine posts securely (it does have a tendency to not slide on in such a way that makes it straight, but once it posts, it stays put even if it's a little crooked) and I've got no complaints about dryness (it's fairly medium but I have a very dry ink in it right now and it doesn't skip) and have seen zero cap crossthreading.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Good to get your impressions, Honeybadgers! I'm a sucker for unadorned torpedoes as well and the vintage style colors look great.

I'm still waiting for the brown one to get back in stock in China.

I am glad you guys like it.... err.. Love it!!! .. I appreciate how pretty it is, but I find it too small for me, and the tiny nib does not help me much.

If it was a tad bigger with at least a number 6 nib, I would buy a few of them. Regardless how gorgeous a pen is, if it doesn't feel right in my hands, there is no point in spending any amount of money on it, cause I won't use it.

Again, is very pretty.

C

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Despite my initial lukewarm enthusiasm, you're not alone in not being a fan.

I'm fine with the feel in my hand, particularly the feel of the material, but it has too much going against it. That size 5 nib is near the top of the list. Mine cross-threads, the cap posts wonky, and it acts like an echo chamber. Unless the nib is glassy smooth, it sounds like a pencil on fine grit sandpaper, even if the feel is a gentle feedback. It's still in my drawer as I live in hope that I'll one day find a nib I love for it, but it just doesn't get used.

• 4 weeks later...

My M100 arrived tonight. It's definitely one of the most beautiful pens I own! Bravo to Moonman for doing such a thorough job to make everything fit perfectly and look great. Sadly, I also got one with a slightly scratchy nib. This is my fourth Schmidt nib and my first one with notable feedback. I'm working on tine alignment to see if that is part of the problem.

I share JollyCynic's complaint about the cap not posting so well. Eventually I found a way to post it securely and am glad that the pen writes well posted because it is just a tad too short for me when not posted. The balance is great and a light the lightness and feel of the section.

I'm probably going to use it with a flexy 14k Wing Sung 698 nib from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!
Does anyone know if #5.5 FPR Ultra flex nib fits in this pen?

I don't have an Ultra flex, but I do have their regular flex which I think is the same nib just unmodified. Sadly, the FPR nibs are too thick to fit into the nib assembly. When I try to put in the #5.5 FPR nib, the feed won't even go back into the collar.

However, good news is that the #5 Noodler's Nib Creaper flex nibs will fit no problem. Along with the flexy Lucky/Wing Sung 14k gold nib, this means a couple options for turning this pens into flex writers. :)

They are a superb looking pen but without seeing one in the flesh and seeing how it writes, for $40 AUD could possibly be put elsewhere.

I am watching a couple online as we speak though lol

They are a superb looking pen but without seeing one in the flesh and seeing how it writes, for $40 AUD could possibly be put elsewhere.

I am watching a couple online as we speak though lol

Yeah, this isn't a pen to die for haha. I think it's only worth it for someone who really wants a pen in these particular acrylics, which are hard to come by. For me the M100 satisfied my desire for something that looked like a vintage brown Sheaffer Balance. The brown and red models look amazing in person, but the nib is just a plain vanilla steel Schmidt nib.

Yeah, this isn't a pen to die for haha. I think it's only worth it for someone who really wants a pen in these particular acrylics, which are hard to come by. For me the M100 satisfied my desire for something that looked like a vintage brown Sheaffer Balance. The brown and red models look amazing in person, but the nib is just a plain vanilla steel Schmidt nib.

Considering I just picked up a Monteverde Impressa in Gunmetal with red trim for $56 AUD delivered, you could be right about not being a pen to die for Phil lol. I've got a couple of fists fulls of Jenhao's and Hero's that will do me for a while :)

Considering I just picked up a Monteverde Impressa in Gunmetal with red trim for $56 AUD delivered, you could be right about not being a pen to die for Phil lol. I've got a couple of fists fulls of Jenhao's and Hero's that will do me for a while :)

Personally, if you want some beautiful and affordable acrylics, I would go for Penbbs pens over the Moonman. Penbbs offers 4 different kinds of filling systems at the moment.

Mine posts securely (it does have a tendency to not slide on in such a way that makes it straight, but once it posts, it stays put even if it's a little crooked) and I've got no complaints about dryness (it's fairly medium but I have a very dry ink in it right now and it doesn't skip) and have seen zero cap crossthreading.

Well, if the cap is a little crooked when posted you could argue that it still post securely in the same way you could argue that the car that does not want to drive straight is a car that is driving.

But it is stretching it a bit.

Considering to buy one, and have a question
this question mostly applied to Aliexpress because i haven't seen this being a case on ebay - does anyone know why chinese sellers sometimes list their popular brand pens like Hero/Wing Sung/Jinhao/LIY/Moonman under totally different names that have nothing to do with the company that manufactured them? (plus they removing all names from photos) and usually in the end you anyway getting the pen that manufactured by one of this big companies
There few really cheap M100 at Aliexpress under name "Kicute m100" for like 23-25 USD with few sales and photos of them, i can guess that they are coming without the branded moonman box (though in descriptions it says it have one) for that price, but still why to brand it under different name and i just dont get how they cut costs for that pen so much? ><

at Aliexpress under name "Kicute m100"

Just because Kiсute on aliexpress is probably more often looking for (and it’s important for the seller to be found), or by the request of Moonmab / PenBBS there are too many sellers and the seller finds himself on page 2-3 of the search results (that also not good).

However, good news is that the #5 Noodler's Nib Creaper flex nibs will fit no problem.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

Edited by Desm0nt

Hello!

Does anyone know if #5.5 FPR Ultra flex nib fits in this pen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIbpxW5ZYsM FPR gold #5.5 installed in the pen in this video

Just because Kiсute on aliexpress is probably more often looking for (and it’s important for the seller to be found), or by the request of Moonmab / PenBBS there are too many sellers and the seller finds himself on page 2-3 of the search results (that also not good).

good theory

Edited by Lomarion