Buy One Of A Selection Of Pens From $20 Up, And Get Free Bottle Of Ink

Brianm_14

At Goulet Pens, from now until the end of the year, if you purchase one of a selection of a number of pens, you may pick out a 90 ml bottle of Monteverde ink for free. I just bought a $20 Online fountain one (which I had gone there to buy, anyway) and received a $15 bottle of a nice red Monteverde ink at no cost. In the end, I paid $20 for the pen and ink, plus the standard $6.95 for shipping -not a bad deal. On another order, I'll grab a few other items -again, things I'd buy at Goulet anyway- to make the shipping fee even more worthwhile.

A couple of pen and ink orders could settle Christmas or other holiday shopping for a few friends; the pen -and ink-selection is really fairly good. Some may wish to drop by and take a look.

Brian

Brian

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Driften

• Honeybadgers

• Brianm_14

• mge01park

I saw the sale and it might get me to buy the Blue Diplomat Aero tomorrow when I get paid. Not sure what ink I will get though. I like the 30ml California teal but don't use it that much. Will have to check out reviews on more of their inks ;)

The pen brands getting free ink are: Conklin, Diplomat, Monteverde, Nettuno, Online, Pineider, and Stipula.

See Goulet for more info...

Its good deal and a sign that these shipping charges arent going to last or hold up much longer. Some sellers still clinging to it because they have unique goods but in the long run its changing IMHO. I look for the $50 and up free shipping USPS or similar.

Edited by mgepark

I hope so. I think a failure to have a cutoff ppoint, above which there is free shipping, is self-defeating. I know Jetpens free shipping policy always gets me to add a few items, even just as surprise gifts for friends or family, and rarely do I go just a bit over the minimum (to be honest, if chagrined).

It's like on eBay. How idiotic to get the bidding up to $90 or $100+ and still charge $3.95 shipping? Or the grossly inflated and insulting shipping charges of $11.95 or more? Those stop me from bidding at all. Contrast these policies with savvy and fair sellers who let the pen's final price absorb all of these other charges. How many of us look favorably on that up-front way of dealing with customers?

Brian

I just did mine with the diplomat traveler and got some olivine to go with it. very happy with both.

My recommended ink from monteverde is fireopal. That ink is NUTS. Silver sheen, dark burnt orange, well behaved.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I saw the sale and it might get me to buy the Blue Diplomat Aero tomorrow when I get paid. Not sure what ink I will get though. I like the 30ml California teal but don't use it that much. Will have to check out reviews on more of their inks ;)

Fireopal, olivine, and emerald green are all bigtime winners. Both of their blues are great too.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Its good deal and a sign that these shipping charges arent going to last or hold up much longer. Some sellers still clinging to it because they have unique goods but in the long run its changing IMHO. I look for the $50 and up free shipping USPS or similar.

I wish this website would just combine multiposts. I know other forums do it.

I happily pay that little extra for Goulet. For starters, they have gone above and beyond in ways that absolutely boggle my damn mind when they had NO obligation to do so. In order:

1.) Two of my goulet tomoe river notebooks came with super minor damage. New ones sent without question, got to keep the old (typical good customer service)

2.) Returned my visconti divina metro, they offered to even pay return shipping.

3.) Got my free ink (Same deal) last year with the monteverde monza. Monza cracked, they refunded me the whole value of the pen and told me to keep both the ink and the pen.

3.) After I waited about 60 days after getting my visconti homo sapiens with a bum nib, Coles of London told me to pound sand. Goulet said "send it back, here's a shipping label" and not only swapped it for an EF and tested it before sending it to me, they also threw in a HUNDRED DOLLAR 2 PEN VISCONTI CASE. Didn't even tell me. Just opened the box and saw it in there.

Overall, Goulet has spent about $150-180 on me in superb customer service. I have repaid them that in purchases sixfold since and will keep on doing so. I do wish they added another mL or two to the sample vials but I literally haven't had anything less than flawless customer service from them and barring anything insane, I'm a customer for life, and as long as the price difference is under 25%, I'm buying Goulet. When I graduate with my bachelor's, I'm having them custom order me a pelikan M1000, even though I could just buy it anywhere, I'm willing to wait and pay a little more just to give Brian and Rachel the business.

That said, we're kind of spoiled for good customer service in this industry. I have had excellent interactions with vanness and anderson pens, Kevin of Nemosine, Nathaniel Cerf of Thepenmarket, Pablo at FPnibs, Lucio of Venvstas, the only person I can honestly say sucks onions at customer service that I've met thusfar is Greg Minuskin, who does great work, but is a gigantic (bleep), and his behavior towards a mistake he made in accidentally shipping me a pen with ink in it (that ruined the cardinal red ebonite) and refusal to correct it has probably cost him hundreds if not thousands in purchases from me as a customer.

Fireopal, olivine, and emerald green are all bigtime winners. Both of their blues are great too.

I got a bottle of Olivine with my order. I had been meaning to buy some RO Moss after liking the sample but never got around to it. This seems like it would fit the same need for me. Now I just have to wait for Mr USPS to show up today! Hope it's an early mail day and not one where they show up after 5:30...

I agree with the customer service attitude of Goulet Pens. They have also stated they don't plan on doing the free shipping option over X dollars. They don't want to bundle the costs into the sale price of the items. For example I bought a TWSBI from Jet pens and the cost was a few dollars more for the pen then other places to go with the free shipping they offered. I have bought from Pen Chalet a number of times because of free shipping and 10% off coupon codes.