Old Gold Pen Identification And Tips

Hello all,

I have come into a collection of very old gold pens. One such pen (though many resemble this), is shown below. I am looking for a little help on identifying this pen, but am looking for a reasonable way to identify the other ones that I have as well.

Any tips/tricks for these types?

If any specific information is required, please inform me and I will follow up.

post-105526-0-57328500-1538618717_thumb.png

post-105526-0-53566800-1538618805_thumb.png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zendawn123

• bass1193

• sidthecat

• mitto

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BaronWulfraed

Given how long the apparent cap is, I'd guess this was meant to be a desk pen of some sort...

Concur that we'd need to see legible markings on the nib and anywhere else...

Looking at the Davis & Lehrer booklet, the op's pen looks to be one of the 'Taper Cap Pens' - though not necessarily a Waterman of course - and with a date of c. 1900, give or take a handful of years. I could be wrong, but don't believe such models were designed as desk pens, though in view of the long BHR caps you'd be forgiven for thinking they were.

Looking at the Davis & Lehrer booklet, the op's pen looks to be one of the 'Taper Cap Pens' - though not necessarily a Waterman of course - and with a date of c. 1900, give or take a handful of years. I could be wrong, but don't believe such models were designed as desk pens, though in view of the long BHR caps you'd be forgiven for thinking they were.

Agreed. Reminds me of this listing I saw at Peyton Street Pens' website last night:

https://www.peytonstreetpens.com/the-boss-fountain-pen-bchr-tapered-cap-eyedropper-semiflexible-medium-4-nib-excellent-works-well.html

The taper cap is a different shape, but same idea and pretty neat!

We can definitely help, but to do that we need better photos of the pen, any words on the nib, and if you can look carefully and find any words on the body of the pen itself.

That is what we need to give you any information.

Would love to see more!

Andrew

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

We can definitely help, but to do that we need better photos of the pen, any words on the nib, and if you can look carefully and find any words on the body of the pen itself.

That is what we need to give you any information.

Would love to see more!

Andrew

Hey thats great, I will provide more pictures first thing in the AM with my macro lens. I will post them as soon as I have em. Thanks guys for the responses! More pics to come.

Hey thats great, I will provide more pictures first thing in the AM with my macro lens. I will post them as soon as I have em. Thanks guys for the responses! More pics to come.

And pics with a normal lens with better lighting would be helpful as well 😄