• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• essayfaire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right? The absence of classical did seem kinda glaring. Maybe that was because Goulet don't carry MontBlanc. wink.png

Perhaps - they carry a couple dip pens, though! I bought one once (an old mother of pearl handled one, not from Goutlet) and decided that, unlike classical music, dip pens had outlived their usefulness. wink.png

Edited by essayfaire

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

antiquated vibes? ANTIQUATED VIBES!???

I can think of 888 places they can put their Opus. I'm going to calm by writing a few words about cat videos with my Onoto 3000.

:D

Llike others, I had difficulty finding a suitable answer on quite a few questions, which is hardly a surprising fact ;)

X

Pilot for me too and not a huge fan of them personally.....I actually think it's because my fountain pen choices are way outside my life choices in terms of this is me normally

"You like to look good, but being trendy is less important than having a wardrobe that is well-made and remains classic over time. You don’t mind throwing in an extra penny if you’re making an investment that will last"

​However, pen wise, I tend to go for the more extravagant statement pieces.....maybe pens are my alter ego?

Got Karas Kustoms because of my supposed rough way of life and thus need of robust pen into the wild. Actually I use mostly Pelikan and treat them with loving care.

But why not, I take this as a suggestion to kind of a wild EDC 😏 (just sometimes, and not with the Pelikans 😀).

The posts on this thread are making me wonder if we tend to make different logical decisions when buying pens than we do in our everyday lives? It would kind of make sense since for many of us fountain pens are a hobby, an extravagance or luxury, so we might allow ourselves to do things that we normally wouldn't?

The posts on this thread are making me wonder if we tend to make different logical decisions when buying pens than we do in our everyday lives?

Logical decisions? I think pen-buying stops being rational after the first few. :rolleyes:

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

No, the thing strikes me as another marketing ploy. Or attempt to extract more data from their customers. Or both. Whatever.

My answers:

How often do you refresh your wardrobe?

When I need to replace something from wear.

Choose a shoe:

Super comfortable, super durable, (I walk several miles a day at work), and slip resistant. I chose "Comfortable, well-made, versatile."

Choose an animal: Dog -- reliable, loyal, classic companion. Loves a good chair.

Which Instagram Account would you most likely follow?

Instagram?

I think I picked Jungmaven, even though I am more likely to buy from REI, and I might prefer Minimalism Life.

Which activity best describes your free time?

Gaming, in any sense of the word. (Though for me that's nearly always Warframe these days; it has been various D&D-like games, and various other computer games over my lifetime; also, I'd regard cycling as pleasant and easygoing like hanging with friends, and I'd read a lot if the light didn't give my wife headaches, and I'd peruse music sources other than music stores if the TV wasn't always on, and being on the water is VERY relaxing for me)

Choose a transportation method.

Bicycle.

But because I love them best of those offered, I chose sailboat. And in truth, I use a reliable, fuel-efficient compact sedan for transportation -- the shortest route to work is seven miles up a 6% grade on an interstate highway.

When we say hat, you think: fedora.

Well, I bought my first fedora as a blocker of rays and shielder of ears, so I chose that. And I do like them for the statement they make.

Which of the following most closely resembles your musical taste?

What, no classical? No Romantic-period orchestral pieces by the likes of Beethoven and Brahms? No baroque? No plainsong or Gregorian chant? No 80s punk or alternative, or even pop? No metal? No jazz of any type? No Big Band? No novelty music?

I wound up choosing "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole. "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys is the next best bet.

What is your ideal travel destination?

Vatican City!

Okay, Venice was as close as they got. But I do love my country, so Route 66 would make a tolerable second best choice.

I wound up with Pilot. Not a bad choice; I think Pilot's reliability and QC make it a great introductory pen brand, and they have models suitable for users all across the range. I forget what they called the style for which it's appropriate; possibly traditional?

Anyway, I did it a few more times, hitting answers almost at random. I got "Preppy" for style and was recommended Edison; then I got "Trendy" and was recommended Platinum. Then I got "Alternative" and was recommended Retro 51. And then I gave up, concluding that any more run-throughs would be a waste of my time.

I always wonder for things like this what the flow chart looks like.... One on FB a couple of years ago said my ideal car was a vintage Caddy convertible. That is soooo NOT me. "NOTHING Cadillac" is more me than the results of the quiz was.... :glare:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Got Retro51.... That is not reflected by my collection of pens but the answers to the questions were not very fitting. Maybe the quiz is for a younger crowd.

Opus 88 for me.. hmm, and I have none. I mostly prefer german brands. Are they german?

Same here. Yet I have Pelikans.

No heavy metal or country music. No boots. My work boots are scary.

Peace and Understanding

it recomanded me "pilot"... i think that i'm the 1st one who that quiz give a good recommendation since i kinda like pilot...

• 2 weeks later...

A long way off. They might as well have said I like pink ink!

LOL

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

My answers:

How often do you refresh your wardrobe?

When I need to replace something from wear.

When I have to go to court and a coral suit is inappropriate.

Choose a shoe:

Super comfortable, super durable, (I walk several miles a day at work), and slip resistant. I chose "Comfortable, well-made, versatile."

Seriously - Comfortable tassled loafer with a 2" heel.

Choose an animal: Dog -- reliable, loyal, classic companion. Loves a good chair.

Okay, I am a flamingo - as long as I don't have to care for it.

Which Instagram Account would you most likely follow?

Instagram?

I think I picked Jungmaven, even though I am more likely to buy from REI, and I might prefer Minimalism Life.

Yeah, none of these. Why would I instagram? I FPN.

Which activity best describes your free time?

Gaming, in any sense of the word. (Though for me that's nearly always Warframe these days; it has been various D&D-like games, and various other computer games over my lifetime; also, I'd regard cycling as pleasant and easygoing like hanging with friends, and I'd read a lot if the light didn't give my wife headaches, and I'd peruse music sources other than music stores if the TV wasn't always on, and being on the water is VERY relaxing for me)

Free time? I don't have Free TIME! If I have extra time, I'm on FPN. (BTW, that was not an option).

Choose a transportation method.

Bicycle.

But because I love them best of those offered, I chose sailboat. And in truth, I use a reliable, fuel-efficient compact sedan for transportation -- the shortest route to work is seven miles up a 6% grade on an interstate highway.

So, uh, yeah, my first car was a 1969 Mercury Cougar. AND I just saw one like mine in Bad Times at the El Royale.

Though really, I want the 1962 Corvette.

When we say hat, you think: fedora.

Well, I bought my first fedora as a blocker of rays and shielder of ears, so I chose that. And I do like them for the statement they make.

Which of the following most closely resembles your musical taste?

What, no classical? No Romantic-period orchestral pieces by the likes of Beethoven and Brahms? No baroque? No plainsong or Gregorian chant? No 80s punk or alternative, or even pop? No metal? No jazz of any type? No Big Band? No novelty music?

I wound up choosing "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole. "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys is the next best bet.

Yeah, Nat King Cole was the closest, but how about Country Music? Or yeah, Dr. Demento.

What is your ideal travel destination?

Vatican City!

Okay, Venice was as close as they got. But I do love my country, so Route 66 would make a tolerable second best choice.

Route 66 was second best, but really how about VEGAS baby!

I wound up with Pilot. Not a bad choice; I think Pilot's reliability and QC make it a great introductory pen brand, and they have models suitable for users all across the range. I forget what they called the style for which it's appropriate; possibly traditional?

Anyway, I did it a few more times, hitting answers almost at random. I got "Preppy" for style and was recommended Edison; then I got "Trendy" and was recommended Platinum. Then I got "Alternative" and was recommended Retro 51. And then I gave up, concluding that any more run-throughs would be a waste of my time.

I ended up with an Opus Fantasia which wasn't a bad choice.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY