Goulet Pens Quiz

essayfaire

Anyone else take Goulet Pens new quiz to find the fountain pen that matches your personality? Even though some of the answer choices in the quiz would have been "none of the above" if I had been honest, the response was eerily accurate. It said I would like Pilots. I have a bunch of Pilots, as well as a Sailor I really like but that Goulet doesn't carry. Good quiz!

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• inkstainedruth

• A Smug Dill

• essayfaire

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, kinda strange - they didn't have "correct" answers for me to all the questions, so I picked the closest, and on one I just picked the fun answer rather than the accurate answer (dragon as my preferred mode of transportation), and it gave me Pilot too - and I do have more Pilot pens than any single brand. :) I would love to see the logic behind the scenes.

ETA: for those who didn't see the link

Edited by LizEF

Ditto...

Suggested Karas -- a brand I never heard of until this last week.

Apparently REI (I miss them -- nearest store is now across the state from me, rather than two in 15 mile radius), gryphons, and dragons, predominated the results.

I, too, chose dragons but only because horses were not listed as an option.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Not at all close for me. I choose Dragons too because they didn't list a Corvette or Jeep

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Clearly you're buying the wrong pens! ;)

Clearly they need to sell a wider variety of pens! ;)

I thought the quiz was cute though and not the most useless thing I did on the Internet today.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I got Platinum as my recommendation. I don't have any Platinum pens, but I recently considered buying one (3776, one the Goulet quiz suggested) so there's that. I also thought the quiz was kind of fun.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

The quiz basically called me a hipster and said I should consider Retro 51. I have been eyeing the Lincoln fountain pen for a while now... 😄

Opus 88 for me.. hmm, and I have none. I mostly prefer german brands. Are they german?

Not German. Seems to be China / Taiwan.

The quiz gave me flashbacks to 2006 MySpace quizzes of what color are you.

I got pilot. I do love me some Japanese pens.

I couldn't finish the quiz because there was no option for "none" on the instagram question.

I considered selecting the "minimalism life" instagram, but then I realised that if I was trying to be minimalist and simplify my life I probably wouldn't want the complication of dealing with instagram (which I already don't anway)...

I got Kaweco as the recommendation. One brand of which I do not have any pens, and in which I have no interest whatsoever, even though I have heard of it.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

The quiz suggests that I shop Pilot, which is in fact my favorite modern brand. Although I have all that I want by now, and any additional pens will probably be vintage.

Impressive coincidence, since many of the questions didn't even apply to me. The music they mentioned was all modern pop music, much of which I've never heard or heard of. No mention of Bach, Mozart, Brahms, even Stravinsky? I've never looked at Instagram, and none of the choices they mention would give me a reason to start. They don't give my kind of hat (flat cap).

Etc.

But of course, it's not to be taken too seriously. Just supposed to be "fun". B)

Edited by ISW_Kaputnik

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

Clearly they need to sell a wider variety of pens! ;)

Can't disagree with that. Would be nice if they and Sailor could mend fences.

I thought the quiz was cute though and not the most useless thing I did on the Internet today.

Excellent! You used the internet for one of its primary purposes ("useless" and "funny cat videos/pictures" (which is a subset of useless, but still the primary purpose of the internet)). :lol:

The music they mentioned was all modern pop music, much of which I've never heard or heard of. No mention of Bach, Mozart, Brahms, even Stravinsky?

Right? The absence of classical did seem kinda glaring. Maybe that was because Goulet don't carry MontBlanc. ;)

My answers result also said "Pilot" and suggested (IIRC) that I look at the Justus 95. Of course given that I would probably look at NONE of the Instagram links that may have skewed the results somewhat.

When I posted my results on their FB page, I said I was somewhat surprised by the result because I would have expected (from my answers) to have ended up with my "perfect for me" pen being a Parker 51! :lol: (Because well, duh.... B))

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

You like to look good, but being trendy is less important than having a wardrobe that is well-made and remains classic over time. You don’t mind throwing in an extra penny if you’re making an investment that will last. Pilot is known for its classic and reliable products, with more casual pens like the Metropolitan, or the beautiful-yet-efficient E95s. Add a new staple to your collection by viewing our Pilot pens.

They have nice pens, but I'll stick to Lamy and Kaweco. The quiz didn't really work for me anyway. :)