Phoenix Desert Pen Collectors

Jeffd2u

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
October meeting has been changed to October 27th at the Wahl Eversharp collection of Syd Saperstein in Scottsdale.
We will meet at the showroom at 4745 N Scottsdale rd. (east side of the road, just north of Camelback) at 10 AM.
We'll enjoy a couple hours with Syd and his collection and learn a bit about the Wahl Eversharp company, both old and new. Then for those that would like to grab lunch we can go down the street a block to the Yardhouse at Camelback and Scottsdale in the Fashion Square.
Hope everyone is still good for the 27th, and hopefully a couple that were not able to join the 13th can now join us.
More to come as the date gets closer,
Thanks,

Jeff Dalton
Desert Pen Collectors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeffd2u

Hello Desert Pen folks.......
Our October meeting is fast approaching. Hopefully all got earlier email with new date of October 27th. Meeting will be at the new Wahl Eversharp showroom and collection at:

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company
4745 N Scottsdale Rd #D1007
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
We will meet there at 10 AM to Noon. I for one can't wait to see the collection of Wahl Eversharp pens from past eras, as well as the new pens being produced with some incredible and very limited stock materials.
After touring and learning from Syd we will head a couple blocks down the road to The Yardhouse for a lunch and continued conversation for those that can make it.
Still working on November date and location, but targeting Nov. 17 to avoid the Thanksgiving weekend. If you have any thoughts, or any topics you would like to see presented at a meeting please let me know.
Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Last reminder for the Phoenix and Arizona crowd----

Meeting this Saturday at the Wahl Eversharp company showroom and collection in Scottsdale Arizona. 10 AM at the shop, followed by lunch up the street to discuss the pens just seen, and those we hope to aquire (might be one in the same).

Hope to see you there!

Contact me with questions at Jeffd2u at AOL.com

Wow, what a great day with Syd at the new Wahl-Eversharp company headquarters and collection in Scottsdale. Good group of Desert Pen Collectors attending to share pens, inks, and learn quite a bit of pen history from Syd Saperstein. And not that we spent all day in the past, Syd pulled out some of the latest Decoband Wahl-Eversharp pens with some of the most incredible semi flexible nibs I have ever experienced. Learning about pen fabrication and the materials originally used, and the old stock blanks that the new company has acquired for new pens was extremely interesting. Pay attention for a new pen to come out soon from the Wahl-Everhsarp pen company, I think it will be the perfect combination of large size without being huge paired with a fantastic nib.

And special thanks to Judy Saperstein who has tolerated Syd's habit for all these years to culminate in this new venture and shop, and for hosting our group today.

Hope to see everyone in November, details to follow.

Thanks everyone, and come join us if you are in the Phoenix area.

Jeff Dalton

post-133881-0-18804900-1540682643_thumb.jpgpost-133881-0-84676000-1540682653.jpg

post-133881-0-44079600-1540682692.jpg