Pilot 2018 Vanishing Point Limited Edition - Crossed Lines

PenBoutique

We just got the Pilot 2018 Vanishing Point Limited Edition - Crossed Lines. We have a limited quantity available and judging by the past it sells out quickly. We are offering this with the free Yak Leather one pen pouch.

https://www.penboutique.com/pilot-namiki-vanishing-point-2018-limited-edition-crossed-lines-fountain-pen-medium.html

tried to upload a pic which we just took in store but did not work :(

fc1500r18l_cl_box_off.jpg

Edited by PenBoutique

Pen Boutique
Pen Boutique on facebook!
Blog

Pen Boutique on Instagram!

Columbia, Maryland, USA (Opp. to The Mall in Columbia)

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• essayfaire

• A Smug Dill

• PenBoutique

• Cyber6

Sadly, I don't think I can deal with a Medium nib in another Pilot Vanishing Point pen. Last time I bought a limited edition VP that only came with Medium nibs, I ended up having to place another order for a replacement nib assembly in Fine, just so that pen does not completely fall into disuse.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I don't think I can deal with a Medium nib in another Pilot Vanishing Point pen. Last time I bought a limited edition VP that only came with Medium nibs, I ended up having to place another order for a replacement nib assembly in Fine, just so that pen does not completely fall into disuse.

I, too, was wondering about the Medium nib. How much bigger do you feel it is than the F?

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

I, too, was wondering about the Medium nib. How much bigger do you feel it is than the F?

My recollection is that the Pilot VP Fine nibs (and I have several in this household) consistently lay a narrower line (when not 'flexed') than Fine nibs from Lamy, Parker and Rotring, but the Pilot VP Medium nib I have was about equivalent to a 'European Fine', which is wider than I can stand for everyday writing purposes.

If I can bring myself to do it, I'll dig the spare Pilot VP assemblies out, and do a comparison between the EF, F and M nibs with the same ink on the same paper. It's not my idea of fun or enjoyable experience, though.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

If I can bring myself to do it, I'll dig the spare Pilot VP assemblies out, and do a comparison between the EF, F and M nibs with the same ink on the same paper. It's not my idea of fun or enjoyable experience, though.

Writing with the M or the experiment? If it's the latter, I'll take your word for it! European M are a bit broad for my taste, but Asian EF are too narrow. I occasionally have a M nib that I think is acceptable.

Festina lente

Writing with the M or the experiment?

Both. You can see it here for yourself. The Pilot VP Medium nib I used for testing came from a 2012 Limited Edition I bought from Pen Boutique, actually. (I have nothing against Pen Boutique, by the way; their customer service was good when I bought from them in 2013, but I just don't like that pen, and it isn't their fault at all.) I just can't bring myself to use it, and as you can see I can't really write traditional Chinese legibly strictly within the confines of 5mm squares with it.

The 'spare' Pilot VP Fine nib I used there was writing a little dry (and quite narrow) to start off with, and it annoyed me so I 'used it in anger' roughly to write a couple of lines, and after that the ink flow got better but the line it laid down got significantly thicker. It's now not writing finer than a European Fine nib, in my opinion, but somehow giving a nice little bit of line variation that makes the increased thickness acceptable to me.

The Medium nib on the Pilot desk pen is about the widest line I can live with from an everyday pen, but I don't find it pleasing.

I have a VP fine nib that's the equivalent of a European EF, and a broad nib that's genuinely comparable to a European Broad. I *don't* have direct experience with a Medium nib, but my impression (which I believe the Goulet Pens "nib nook" will confirm) is that these are also fairly juicy - again, more comparable to a European Medium, and somewhat broader than (say) a Pilot Metropolitan Medium.

Both. You can see it here for yourself. The Pilot VP Medium nib I used for testing came from a 2012 Limited Edition I bought from Pen Boutique, actually. (I have nothing against Pen Boutique, by the way; their customer service was good when I bought from them in 2013, but I just don't like that pen, and it isn't their fault at all.) I just can't bring myself to use it, and as you can see I can't really write traditional Chinese legibly strictly within the confines of 5mm squares with it.

Thank you for this; the sample shows the M is pretty wide for my taste.

Festina lente

I have a VP fine nib that's the equivalent of a European EF, and a broad nib that's genuinely comparable to a European Broad. I *don't* have direct experience with a Medium nib, but my impression (which I believe the Goulet Pens "nib nook" will confirm) is that these are also fairly juicy - again, more comparable to a European Medium, and somewhat broader than (say) a Pilot Metropolitan Medium.

Then I probably won't care for it, thanks.

Festina lente