Ink Catridge For Wingsung Pens

dimpep

Hello,

I am wondering what type of ink catridges do Wing Sung (for example 3659) pens accept. The bore hole is somewhat larger that the standard international

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dimpep

• Mech-for-i

• Bibliophage

• Dip n Scratch

I don't onw one so I cannot tell for sure, but apparently Lamy (and/or) cartridges would fit. You might find more info in this thread (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/325645-wing-sung-6359/). To avoid leakages, it would maybe be safer to just use the converter. You can fill it from a cartridge into the converter with a syringe if you don't have any ink bottles.

Unfortunately, some Jihnao's ink catridges that I have been purchased don't fit in the pen. I can of course use a syringe and fill some old lamy catridges but I prefer use the WingSung ones. Anyone knows where I can find them on ebay (maybe a PM?)

Do a search on AliExpress for Aihao ink. They offer cartridges that fit their pens, but are wide mouth and will also fit the Wing Sung. Cheap, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Do a search on AliExpress for Aihao ink. They offer cartridges that fit their pens, but are wide mouth and will also fit the Wing Sung. Cheap, too.

Ainhao and not jinhao? I see that the cartridges are small hole and maybe don't fit. And eventually I found that Parker cartridges fit

• 2 weeks later...

I've received those. They doesn't fit even on standard international cartridges pens. The bore hole is very small. Any other suggestion? I have only one that came with the pen and I refill it with a syringe

I think I've answer this on various other threads multiple times already but I guess many new comers still need some new comer tutorial .. OK .. first off forget international standard ( and its not a standard anyway ) unless specifically stated, almost all Chinese fountain pen use a different converter spec. I would just list them here both old and new, current and old, common and not so common

- Vintage Wing Sung - 2.5mm converter throat , close enough that many international standard ( 2.4mm ) would fit

- Hero wide throat - a common standard , basically same as Parker / Aurora / Lamy 3.2mm throat diameter

- Hero standard - 2.6mm , the de facto standard current , was in use since the 70's and still the standard

- 5.0mm Sailor Compatible , first used on Lorelei, and some specific models later but not really widely used

- 5.5mm Pilot compatible , first used by Wing Sung on the new 613 & original 659 and since adopted on similar OEM models but again not widely used else where

- 2.2mm, 2.3mm, very rarely encountered , used on some rather old defunct brands like Rainbow and White Feather

- 3.4mm throat, this is just a misnomer, its a somewhat misnomer as actually its just the Hero wide throat being adopted by many low end school pens that use cartridge and the Mfrs kind of being liberal with the tolerance so you can have converter sometime fit, some time not

Generally speaking as of todays new production there is the Hero standard 2.6mm and the Hero wide throat 3.2mm with specific models that take Pilot / Sailor spec and some that take international ( actually Pelikan ) spec

Edited by Mech-for-i

There should be a pinned converter topic

I was thinking the same thing. I already bookmarked this discussion after Mech-for-i's description, so I could stop hunting for the Delike converter thread every time I have a question.

I think I've answer this on various other threads multiple times already but I guess many new comers still need some new comer tutorial .. OK .. first off forget international standard ( and its not a standard anyway ) unless specifically stated, almost all Chinese fountain pen use a different converter spec. I would just list them here both old and new, current and old, common and not so common

- Vintage Wing Sung - 2.5mm converter throat , close enough that many international standard ( 2.4mm ) would fit

- Hero wide throat - a common standard , basically same as Parker / Aurora / Lamy 3.2mm throat diameter

- Hero standard - 2.6mm , the de facto standard current , was in use since the 70's and still the standard

- 5.0mm Sailor Compatible , first used on Lorelei, and some specific models later but not really widely used

- 5.5mm Pilot compatible , first used by Wing Sung on the new 613 & original 659 and since adopted on similar OEM models but again not widely used else where

- 2.2mm, 2.3mm, very rarely encountered , used on some rather old defunct brands like Rainbow and White Feather

- 3.4mm throat, this is just a misnomer, its a somewhat misnomer as actually its just the Hero wide throat being adopted by many low end school pens that use cartridge and the Mfrs kind of being liberal with the tolerance so you can have converter sometime fit, some time not

Generally speaking as of todays new production there is the Hero standard 2.6mm and the Hero wide throat 3.2mm with specific models that take Pilot / Sailor spec and some that take international ( actually Pelikan ) spec

Thank you for the advice but I don't know where to find them online. I purchased a lot but unfortunately they were all wrong

• 7 months later...

Small update on this thread.

I believe the 'Cello' brand (India) uses 3.4mm bore, and the Hero 0028 cartridges are shown to be 2.7mm on the package.

Zebra V-301 cartridges are 3.4mm, quite probably a bit larger. It looks almost 4mm to my vernier caliper.

Another brand I can't read, because it's all Chinese (well, ideograms), is definitely 3.4mm

Nanchang Yirin is 3.4mm. (I have a "League of Legends" multi-colour pack - I _think_ it's number '0002', an 8 pack)

AIHAO is 3.4mm

Chiren, IIRC, are 3.4mm, as they appear to be the same as Yirin and AIHAO.

So, if you have one of the HUGE bore pens, and you can't use a Parker, Thornton's double ended, or Lamy, you can try one of those brands. (I have a Thornton's jammed into a Jinhao 599 using the international end, and it works fine. Flipped the other end, the Lamy end (which works fine in Vectors) seals very well on the _outside_ of the cartridge and the inside of the section. So, just as well as if you had a perfect seal on the inside of the cartridge mouth.

These are ones I have in my personal stock, so I didn't have to depend on eyeballing online listings.

Hope that helps.

BW

Edited by Bibliophage

• 1 month later...

I got caught out by hero cartridge. The 0028 had a throat diameter just a little too wide to fit a pen that took the 'International' cartridges. The packets marked 359 are for that model only. What throat measurement are those?

I bought the 0028 cartridges by mistake, for what pen I don't recall now.

You mention that some Hero pens will take Parker or Lamy cartridges, but don't say anything about the outside diameter of the cartridge. If either is too slim there's going to be air leakage down the section, thus leakage of ink & messy fingers for you again.

At least no Hero ink is especially nasty for staining.

There should be a sticky at the head of Chinese Pens about what cartridges fit which Chinese pens.

Then add any information about whether the fit is too loose, good or if you'll need pliers to extract the cartridge from the section or the barrel after use.

I wondered what on earth would fit my brass Delike Alpha. It was the first one with the EF nib which was as scratchy as a sandpaper shirt because the nib was un-tipped. I have only used it with bottled ink as a consequence of not knowing.

You can't rely on the seller of the pen knowing anything.

AFAIK , the Delike Alpha take the de facto 2.6mm C/C , and none of them are un-tipped either , though I would wager those EF can really get many really annoyed, its a Chinese ( aka Asian ) EF that's more like a Japanese EF and its highly tuned for writing their home language , meaning they typically had very crisp grind and aim for constrained flow and very very likely not even tuned to write with that gliding movement ( though personally I had no problem using them for cursive but then I've been using these Chinese nibs for decades and know how to actually employ proper technique )

For typical cursive I really recommend against getting those EF unless you already know them better ; otherwise get that petite calligraphy ( mini fude ) which write more like FM to M depending and certainly more suited for cursive writing