Hello From London, Uk

stylographile

Hello fellow penaholics!

I have been a lurker for a while and I've been so impressed by this website that I decided to be part of it!

I have always liked fountain-pens but probably didn't treat them very well in my school years. Now when I peruse FP websites or books, I keep saying, oh I had that one, and that one, etc. They're all long in the bin, replaced by ballpoint pens and keyboards, but never forgotten! What has rekindled my interest, and my use of FPs, is that I now have my parents' pens to look after. Not a collection as such, just one-time writing instruments dear to their owners who liked nice things. And they're not just real beauties to marvel at but working instruments which despite not having been used for many many years, worked perfectly the second the nib touched the paper, or certainly after a thorough clean. I now have more fountain pens than letters to write (it's a pity I have to type up this message of greetings to you!). And now I indulge in a new passion, getting more demanding every day ! I have researched the history of all my pens, I read this message board regularly, I attend pen shows, I multiply the occasions of sending hand-written notes and of writing things down... I have even added a couple of FP's to my ensemble already! What have I started? I'm sure you'll understand!

Edited by stylographile

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• stylographile

• northstar

• mthayeb

Welcome to this friendly little corner of the universe from a fountain pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

the story of how several of these writing instruments outlive their caring owners and become a heritage is always touching (so many of us have the same experience, together with the experience of having missed using these things so much and we had almost forgotten) but it provides another surprising truth, in the era of disposable goods, fountain pens are going to outlive our PCs, our phones, tablets and the like, and if we treat them well our own selves...

welcome

Edited by sansenri

There is a help group for you. They meet every first Saturday of the month at 12.00 https://bierschenke.co.uk/ but not next month as it is the London Pen Show

SUNDAY 7th OCT 2018 Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, Coram Street, London, WC1N 1HT

Don't go to it. It will only make your problems worse and pocket lighter in equal amounts!

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome from another newbie. I have learned so much in the past several weeks. You will really like it here. Everyone goes out of their way to help. I am so lucky to have found FPN.

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Thank you very much for your nice welcome, jar, Wahl, PaulS, OCArt, sansenri, peterg, PAKMAN, JerseyGirl0807, antiquepens, northstar, tbickiii, mitto and Henricum_Tropen! It is very exciting to be in touch with so many of you across the world who share the same passion for fountain-pens!

Thank you to peterg for info re the help group and the penshow! I'll be at LWES - do you all know each other? How does a FPN newbie makes herself known?

I'm tall dark & handsome (I wish) with brown hair, moustache and greying goatie, so stand out in the crowd. At least people tend to remember me, for better or worse.

Otherwise look for people wearing a small white badge with a black circle and pen nib with a blob of ink! We are all friendly and approachable.

I'm sure dapprman can add probably further info. on the club's intentions for the day. They often have a group coffee break and go to the pub opposite for lunch.

Hope to see you on Sunday!

Think the aim is to meet in the coffee area around 09:30 and chat before those doing early bird head in. Our main coordinator will be there with a big back pack on giving out pen club badges.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...