Sailor To Discontinue/replace Current Naginata Line?

Ronderick

Just saw a facebook post from Sailor's Taiwan distributor Penlux stating that they've been notified by Japan on the discontinuing of the "current" naginata nibs. Supposedly Sailor's going to replace it with a "new" line of naginata nibs at a later date.

Anyone else received additional information on this?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freakman

• A Smug Dill

• Ronderick

• The-Thinker

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.sailor.co.jp/pdf/notice/20180703_original-nib_orderstop.pdf

this should be the news from Japan you are looking for... since I havent gone through JLPT I'm not the best person to do the translation

No, I'm pretty sure it's not this one, since it only announced that orders for specialty nibs are postponed indefinitely until the company can reorganize productions (though that's still bad news, meaning that we can all kiss goodbye to the cobras, emperors, and the likes for who-knows-how-long...).

I guess we can only wait until a possible announcement on the naginata replacement...

PS: Somehow I see the Shiki-iro ink replacement scheme all over again...

This is unfortunate but hopefully they'll replace these nibs with something comparable. The Naginata-Togi is one of my favorite nibs and I hoped to order another once production restarted.

Nagahara-sans passing pretty much ripped the soul out of the company on the nib front. We can only hope a suitable replacement can be found...

Too many pens; too little writing.

Nagahara-sans passing pretty much ripped the soul out of the company on the nib front. We can only hope a suitable replacement can be found...

Werent some of his kids trained by him? I thought they had a couple nibmeisters who made the specialty nibs.

Yukio Nagahara who replaces his dad when he retired before passing on isnt exactly young either something must have happened to him as well

Last time I visited his Instagram, it showed pictures of him babysitting his grandson, and another one showing two tweaked TWSBI - one with a Naginata nib and another with a modified italic nib...

Edited by Ronderick

Sailor will discontinue current Naginata line and introduce a new naginata line.

The new line will be much more expensive, bears a different nib imprint and has limited distribution worldwide.

The first batch consists of 50 sets of 12 pens worldwide, whether to be sold in sets or divided is up to the distributor,MSRP still unknown yet.

The 12 pens are:

YG and WG of NMF NM NB

Cross, Cross Concord, Cross Music, DE, Concord and Emperor.

No information on Eagle and Cobra yet.

nqxjH3L.jpg

kZ7KEU4.jpg

Source: Sailor Taiwan distributor.

The price will surely increase on cross nibs, but these prices are still unrealistic.

Some older cross nibs worth more than $1500 at the moment, but those nibs are much different from the one you posted.

More expensive? Much more?

My Lord, can some nibmeister get in on this? Maybe a jeweler who can do it? I want one of those nibs, but more than current pricing?!

More expensive? Much more?

My Lord, can some nibmeister get in on this? Maybe a jeweler who can do it? I want one of those nibs, but more than current pricing?!

More than the pricing when they were discontinued 2 years ago.