Lamy Black Issues Residues?

Edo98

Hello everyone I think I have a problem with the black ink lamy :unsure: .
I was using it normally but it started to feel very dry and the nib something rough.
So I decided to clean it (I regularly clean my pen since I changed from blue to black lamy and rinsed them very well with distilled water) and discovered that the feeder had some black viscous waste and took it off with a stick and water.
So is it normal that the feeder has been soiled by the ink? or there is a problem with this ink. It is also worth mentioning that I am always using my pen but this time they spent two days without using it.

I use a Lamy 2000 BB with nib modified to stub.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edo98

• Astronymus

• TSherbs

• dapprman

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I've not had a problem with Lamy black - I've been using it for about 10-12 years now having previously had problems with black Parker Quink. Some of my pens using the ink are left for weeks or longer without that problem.

Could you have a contaminate in there ?

and discovered that the feeder had some black viscous waste and took it off with a stick and water.

Could be an infection by bacteria or mold.

Could be an infection by bacteria or mold.

that if I did not know it could contaminate the inks. :o
Right now I am using my blue lamy without any problem flows well and is wet on cheap paper.
And by the way I smelled my black lamy and it has a strong smell compared to blue.

But I do not see any fungus or dirt on the surface of the ink, but on that occasion the feeder did have that residue :(

Personally I've not had a problem with Lamy black - I've been using it for about 10-12 years now having previously had problems with black Parker Quink. Some of my pens using the ink are left for weeks or longer without that problem.

Could you have a contaminate in there ?

The issue of contamination in the ink is something new for me.

Normally what does that pollution?

And by the way I smelled my black lamy and it has a strong smell compared to blue.

There could definitely be something wrong with your bottle, I just smelled my Lamy Black ink and it has a very faint smell... it's barely noticeable.

The issue of contamination in the ink is something new for me.

Normally what does that pollution?

The thing with mold spores and bacteria is they are everywhere. One lucky spore and your ink is ruined. Even NASA's cleanest rooms have odd bacteria in there that live solely in NASA labs.

Also infected writing tools can spead it if used on several bottles.

Life finds a way... Even into your ink bottle.

There could definitely be something wrong with your bottle, I just smelled my Lamy Black ink and it has a very faint smell... it's barely noticeable.

Today I just smelled it and the smell is very strong and maybe something strange and a little unpleasant instead my blue lamy is soft.
And that possibly contaminated ink had left a kind of mud in the feeder that was not going with water I had to use a toothpick.

And the flow was beginning to be somewhat dry so that the nib whistled on both cheap and good paper,

Sounds disgusting. Throw it away.

Having to dig smelly sludge out is not good. Soak and clean that pen thoroughly. Take it apart to clean it (but don't lose any parts).

And throw that ink out.

Edited by TSherbs

Having to dig smelly sludge out is not good. Soak and clean that pen thoroughly. Take it apart to clean it (but don't lose any parts).

And throw that ink out.

That day I separated it and cleaned it only with distilled water.
Should I have used soap?

On that day if I manage to remove all those things and fill it with lamy blue and it works normal

That day I separated it and cleaned it only with distilled water.

Should I have used soap?

On that day if I manage to remove all those things and fill it with lamy blue and it works normal

I would have used soap and diluted bleach 1/10 water.

• 2 years later...

An old topic, but just wanted to highlight I had the same problem with the Lamy Black. Happened with a newly purchased bottle and it clogged up my Lamy 2000. 

I contacted Lamy and they instructed to throw the bottle away and replaced it with a new one. They also serviced the pen and replaced multiple parts.