Pilot 100Th Anniversary Pens (Maki-E)

Seiryuu

Thank you for sharing the two close ups Ebisu and Tamon-ten. In fact, the image of the Tamon-Ten looked "jaundiced" on the official Pilot website, where-as with your close up photos; one could appreciate the Togidashi takamaki-e work better - and Tamon-Ten looked "healthier" - for the lack of a better word.

Photos cant do justice to the small barrel of art work. He definitely looks fearsome. Rightly so since hes supposed to be one of the four heavenly guards.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• johntdavis

• mjchuang9

• MalcLee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful line of pens...great thread.

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

• 4 weeks later...

fpn_1554571325__img_3795.jpg

Although it is before cherry blossoms, I am glad to take my Fuji to meet Mt. Fuji.

Beautiful pen on a beautiful day on Kawaguchiko.

fpn_1554949625__img_3740.jpg

Thank you for your kind words. It is not common to see the top of Mt.Fuji so clearly without clouds. But because of strong wind, I cannot take a photo of the reverse Fuji, the Fuji on the lake. I did it before though.

These are lovely pictures of Mt. Fuji, mjchuang.

Thank you. I hope I could stay longer until the cherry blossoms.

It should be blossoming in the Fuji Five Lakes region according to the forecast- so you should get to see it before you head home. All the best and enjoy the rest of your holidays.

• 2 months later...

After a 6 month delay - finally got it delivered from the AD.

post-147005-0-24478600-1562323045_thumb.jpeg

post-147005-0-53466800-1562323062_thumb.jpeg

post-147005-0-16024500-1562323358_thumb.jpeg

Edited by MalcLee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

While I can appreciate the artistry that goes into each of the pens, I concur with the comment that these pens look like high resolution anime characterizations of these gods. I prefer spending it on pens like the Montblanc 1914.

While I can appreciate the artistry that goes into each of the pens, I concur with the comment that these pens look like high resolution anime characterizations of these gods. I prefer spending it on pens like the Montblanc 1914.

Montblanc 1914 is quite bad for writing and they paid no attention to the design of the feeder. The pen uses the same gold piece like 149 but with different curvature. The feeder remains the same which means that only the center of the feeder will touch the nib.

And those 7 gods pens feels quite cheap considering that they're just #10 pens. It's not even Shishiai Togidashi Maki-e. For that price and area painted, I would expect some technique and composition like emperor Early Autumn or Obano,

For that price, I would take a MB149 or M1000 or a KoP or a Namiki Emperor Urushi and ask one of the famous Maki-e artists to do something really nice with it.

Edited by mke

The seven gods don't have any meaning to me so I'm not interested in their corresponding pens. Even though I likewise don't have any real connection with Japan or Mt Fuji, I find that pen much more appealing–probably not enough to ever consider purchasing it, but if it happened into my collection I would keep it (unlike the others which I would quickly sell).