Pilot 100Th Anniversary Pens (Maki-E)

Seiryuu

Oh my. As much as I would love a Benzaiten pen, such things are far beyond my budget. 綺麗ですよね?

Paige Paigen

Gemma Seymour, Founder & Designer, Paige Paigen

Daily use pens & ink: TWSBI ECO-T EF, TWSBI ECO 1.1 mm stub italic, Mrs. Stewart's Concentrated Liquid Bluing

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• johntdavis

• mjchuang9

• MalcLee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you feel "shut out" or that "you have little reason to ever buy another pen from them" you could always write them a letter to tell them that they are doing things incorrectly. If I understand the comments in this thread correctly, people feel like pilot isn't making the pens you expect them to make. '

(笑)お客様は神様ですよね?

Edited by amper

Paige Paigen

Daily use pens & ink: TWSBI ECO-T EF, TWSBI ECO 1.1 mm stub italic, Mrs. Stewart's Concentrated Liquid Bluing

Not my pen but......the 100 th Anniversary Kakuno does exist.

44785049832_7bf3e1671e_c.jpg

29897505477_ec640720a0_c.jpg

可愛いでしょう。

Paige Paigen

> 可愛いでしょう。

Really?

本当に。

Paige Paigen

If you are interested, this is where the Kakuno 100th anniversary pens comes from:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhg-W9XFqFm/?hl=id

Unfortunately you must be a Pilot shareholder or buy it off from a Pilot shareholder as of now

The Shareholder's sets come up on Yahoo Auctions Japan. There are ways to get them. There are also other 'unbuyable' 100th Anniversary pens.

Edited by AltecGreen

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

The Shareholder's sets come up on Yahoo Auctions Japan. There are ways to get them. There are also other 'unbuyable' 100th Anniversary pens.

Yes but it seems very exclusive to the Japanese market.

I don't have an issue with it actually, Pilot is from Japan and exclusivity for Japanese market (just like JDM mechanical watches) is fair IMO.

Yes but it seems very exclusive to the Japanese market.

I don't have an issue with it actually, Pilot is from Japan and exclusivity for Japanese market (just like JDM mechanical watches) is fair IMO.

Japan and Asia.

Products that are exclusive to the Asian markets is pretty common and has been that ways for decades. Just look at consumer electronics or hobbies like models. Most of the good stuff never makes it to North America or Europe. This has been true for decades. At least in this day in age, you can find out about these products and buy them with minimal effort via the internet. This beats the 80's when I had to work through brokers and dealers. It took months to get stuff. You can get stuff if you have a bit of will and put in some effort.

As for unbuyables, those are just unbuyable. In terms of pens, there have always been unbuyable pens for many companies (western and Asian) going back to the origin of fountain pens. These include salesman demonstrators, prototypes, special gift pens, pens for vendors, etc. These still end up in the hands of collectors eventually. Again, it is a mater of patience and will.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

At least in this day in age, you can find out about these products and buy them with minimal effort via the internet .

But be ready to splash the cash, this applies to many store exclusive Sailor inks.

Although we are very lucky to be in this day and age, access to stuff like this is much wider than it previously is.

By the way, that white Kakuno is quite lit

• 2 weeks later...

fpn_1540174147__img_1159.jpg

Compared to 100th anniversary , I still prefer the double phoenix made by Kyusai Yoshida in 1990, that is also around 70th in 1988.

• 2 weeks later...

Available for viewing at Itoya, I noticed it's sold, # 1/25.

What really impressed me was the box and the depth of the urushi finish.

What really impressed me was the box and the depth of the urushi finish.

I'll probably never be able to see one of these IRL, but what impressed me the most in Goulet's unboxing video of their set was the box. I'm sure the pens are amazing, but the box with that attention to detail but just so much more "canvas" to work with. Plus you don't need to rotate it in order to view the entire thing.

These pens sold out fast; I can't find many vendors that have them in stock.

I dont think they have been in stock in the US, I pre-ordered from Classic Fountain Pens and the hey emailed me saying the pens are delayed. Im also on Anderson and Goulets email notification for the pens and neither of them have emailed me that the pen was in stock.