• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• johntdavis

• mjchuang9

• MalcLee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are the non-maki-e pens supposed to be announced today?

Probably have to see these pens in 3D to appreciate the artistry and craftsmanship involved . . . That said, all beyond price range. Really hoping Pilot will release a 100th anniversary pen available to the masses. Otherwise, it's just congratulations to Pilot, and the anniversary would just be a footnote to those of us who can't afford a $1000+ pen.

Read on IG that the seven inks in the anniversary set will be available individually in 50ml bottles! Still hoping to see a more affordable pen though!

post-88660-0-14533900-1536922236_thumb.jpeg

Read on IG that the seven inks in the anniversary set will be available individually in 50ml bottles! Still hoping to see a more affordable pen though!

Now that's interesting. The bottle design is subtly changed from the standard Iroshizuku. In particular, the little dip at the bottom where the nib fits in to get the last drop is deeper than on my (admittedly 18-24 mo. old) bottle of Ama-Iro.

I wonder if that's a new change to the bottle generally, or specific to these special inks to accomodate the gigantic nib on the giant LE pen Pilot wants you to buy with it.

Which instagram account?

Now that's interesting. The bottle design is subtly changed from the standard Iroshizuku. In particular, the little dip at the bottom where the nib fits in to get the last drop is deeper than on my (admittedly 18-24 mo. old) bottle of Ama-Iro.

I wonder if that's a new change to the bottle generally, or specific to these special inks to accomodate the gigantic nib on the giant LE pen Pilot wants you to buy with it.

Which instagram account?

fpn_1536956149__69226_ama-iro-100x100.jp

There is not any difference between daikokuten and ama-iro except the thread.

fpn_1536956149__69226_ama-iro-100x100.jp

There is not any difference between daikokuten and ama-iro except the thread.

Ah. I think what was catching my eye was the smaller label on the SE bottle. It doesn't cover part of the dip at the bottom of the bottle, so the dip looks bigger. Thanks!

Are the non-maki-e pens supposed to be announced today?

I've been too busy these days to properly keep up to speed with things, but kept checking fpn & reddit for news on the 13th, but nothing! Also checked instagram & the Pilot 100th anniv site, but again nothing!

Anyone know why the press release is delayed and when it will be out on the other 100th anniversary goodies?

They even haven't finished their anniversary site. Don't worry, you will find enough chances to empty your wallet.

If not with Pilot than with Platinum (2019 is their 100th anniversary).

Hoping with 99% certainty. Don't worry, they know what people want to buy / can buy. I guess the next announcement will be pens from 30000 to 140000. And eventually a third one with the small stuff.

A reasonably priced special edition based on the Urushi Yukari Royale would empty my bank account quicker than a fishing attack...

Too many pens; too little writing.

@mfluder

> Read on IG that the seven inks in the anniversary set will be available individually in 50ml bottles!

Instagram? Please post the link.

@mfluder

> Read on IG that the seven inks in the anniversary set will be available individually in 50ml bottles!

Instagram? Please post the link.

Read about it here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnrqb93FGXB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1qthdqh6dcliq

Also Goldspot pens has a blog post up with a fair bit of detail on the inspiration for the ink colours:

https://goldspot.com/blogs/magazine/pilot-100-year-anniversary-limited-edition-releases

Goldspot has a lot of information about the Pilot offer which is not known to the public.

It seems this information was leaked by Pilot US.

And a photo of a 100th anniversary capless.

I'm not aware of any other models coming out for the 100th anniversary, so for those waiting, you're not going to find anything. The Seven Gods of Good Fortune will be available separately starting spring of 2019 (no price as of yet), but otherwise, the only real affordable option is going to be ink (in both mini bottle sets and 50ml).

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

I'm not aware of any other models coming out for the 100th anniversary, so for those waiting, you're not going to find anything. The Seven Gods of Good Fortune will be available separately starting spring of 2019 (no price as of yet), but otherwise, the only real affordable option is going to be ink (in both mini bottle sets and 50ml).

Thanks, Brian.

That is ... incredibly disappointing, actually. I think it was reasonable for us to expect multiple price-point anniversary products, given what Pilot did for their 95th anniversary. The Justus 95, Elite 95S, and at least one high-end maki-e pen made the anniversary accessible for fans at every price point.

Even the Pilot M90 90th anniversary pen was under $1000.

The inks are gorgeous, but between use and evaporation, they're not going to last over time the way a pen will.

I love Pilot. It was the first fountain pen brand I ever bought, and as far as I'm concerned their gold F nibs are still the best in the world. But I do not love them to the tune of, at minimum, spending thousands of dollars on the smaller maki-e pen I'm not head over heels for, just because it's the 100th anniversary. The 7 Gods are so far out of my reach they are practically in orbit.

I've been looking forward to buying a 100th anniversary pen from them since 2013. I was really hoping for a more reasonable item, like a special color Custom Urushi. It's a shame that they've apparently chosen to ignore huge strata of their customer base.

At least now I have a better idea of how I might want to spend my money at the Dallas Pen Show.

The way they are doing it has definitely created anticipation.

I think that's anticip -- pation!

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.