Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Pens, Inks And Samples Pass-Around In Australia

A Smug Dill

6 hours ago, webshu said:

@Jamerelbe ah well thanks for clarifying that. We’ll see how I go with getting to 20 or more posts. 

@webshu it's not all that hard - I'm pretty sure your score goes up every time you comment on someone else's thread.  Consider it an incentive to be an active contributor to the forum! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• saulyleeplans

• loganrah

• AntiqueApprentice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see that interest in this box has livened up! Though this is the first time I've posted in this thread, I have been following the updates with great interest. Perhaps in the future I may put my hand up to receive it and add a few items, but these days I am far too busy and use FPs less often that I would like. I look forward to reading your collective experiences with this box! Has the box ever visited a pen meet?

14 hours ago, Ayami_109 said:

Glad to see that interest in this box has livened up! Though this is the first time I've posted in this thread, I have been following the updates with great interest. Perhaps in the future I may put my hand up to receive it and add a few items, but these days I am far too busy and use FPs less often that I would like. I look forward to reading your collective experiences with this box! Has the box ever visited a pen meet?

@Ayami_109, I sympathise with your situation - I manage to use my fountain pens fairly regularly, but don't have the time I used to for tinkering and trying different inks.  I've had the box in my possession for longer than I intended, because it took a month or two just to find time to dip into it!  It was fun trying a few different inks, and perusing some of the sample pens...

I've swapped out a couple of inks, and added a couple more pens to the box, in hopes that'll make it more appealing, but in consultation with @A Smug Dill, am waiting for someone with more than 20 posts to put their hand up for it next!

On 4/4/2021 at 4:22 PM, Jamerelbe said:

@Ayami_109, I sympathise with your situation - I manage to use my fountain pens fairly regularly, but don't have the time I used to for tinkering and trying different inks.  I've had the box in my possession for longer than I intended, because it took a month or two just to find time to dip into it!  It was fun trying a few different inks, and perusing some of the sample pens...

I've swapped out a couple of inks, and added a couple more pens to the box, in hopes that'll make it more appealing, but in consultation with @A Smug Dill, am waiting for someone with more than 20 posts to put their hand up for it next!

@Jamerelbe in this case, if nobody puts their hand up after another while then perhaps I will! Will see! I recall a few interested members a little while back?

1 hour ago, Ayami_109 said:

@Jamerelbe in this case, if nobody puts their hand up after another while then perhaps I will! Will see! I recall a few interested members a little while back?

Either they're new to the forum (fewer than 20 posts), or haven't replied to a DM, or both - so the box is still waiting for its next destination! 

• 4 months later...

I came across a reference to this post in @A Smug Dill's blog and thought I would check it out.  It's an clever method although I guess those of us who are most likely to benefit (new to the scene and not familiar with as many products) are also those less likely to be reliably involved in the community and have much to contribute.  

That being said if it's still going round I wouldn't mind putting my hand up for it if I qualify - I would like to look at some different brands etc before buying again and there's nothing like seeing things in the flesh! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 6:42 PM, awaking said:

I came across a reference to this post in @A Smug Dill's blog and thought I would check it out.  It's an clever method although I guess those of us who are most likely to benefit (new to the scene and not familiar with as many products) are also those less likely to be reliably involved in the community and have much to contribute.  

That being said if it's still going round I wouldn't mind putting my hand up for it if I qualify - I would like to look at some different brands etc before buying again and there's nothing like seeing things in the flesh! 

Hi @awaking, my apologies for taking so long to reply!  The pass-around box is in my possession at the moment (and has been for quite a while).  @A Smug Dilland I agreed we'd prefer to see people with a bit of a track record on FPN (at least 20 posts) participate, rather than someone who's completely new to the forum - and at 29 posts (thus far) you make the cut!  I'll DM you to get your details - and try to get the box off to the post office in the next little while (I'm in a part of regional NSW that is still in lockdown, which makes things a bit trickier to navigate!).  

Feel free to take and use samples, and to swap pens in and out (I added a couple of nice lower-end pens that you're more than welcome to keep - including a Pilot Metropolitan!)

Thanks @Jamerelbe

I'm curious but not in a desperate hurry so don't break any curfews!😄

The only shop that I know of here which stocks a decent range of fp's here is pencraft which favours the higher end pen's so it will be interesting to see some cheaper ones and different brands in person without indiscriminate buying.

I look forward to seeing it!

• 2 months later...

After a lengthy delay (some of it COVID lock-down related), I've finally gotten the box off to the post office and on to its next recipient - with a slightly larger box to allow a bit more room for the inks I was letting go.  Hopefully @awaking will see it soon - and then repost a message here when it's ready to resume its travels. 

Thanks again to @A Smug Dillfor kicking this off in the first place - it was fun to see (and try) some different inks, and to have an opportunity to pass on a few inks and pens of my own.

@Jamerelbe Thanks for keeping the pass-around initiative alive and adding to it!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Thankyou @Jamerelbe the parcel arrived today in perfect condition and beautifully packed.  I am embarrassed to admit the first thing I did after unpacking and checking everything was ok was sort things by number and place on the spreadsheet 😍.  I look forward to examining and trying a few new things that I wouldn't normally over the next little while.

@A Smug Dill thanks so much for starting this great resource!

If anyone is interested to receive the box next please PM me, the fun is in the sharing!