Pens, Inks And Samples Pass-Around In Australia

A Smug Dill

Hello Paperbear :-) Yes of course! (You are in Australia?) I'm still waiting for the sample vials I ordered to arrive so I'm a little while away from sending the box, I'll let you know when if that's ok?

Hi chaos-incarnate, yes I’m in Perth -live and work in east Perth . No rush I’m happy to wait

Thanks

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• loganrah

• AntiqueApprentice

• saulyleeplans

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, I'm in Perth too! I can just meet you somewhere with it once I've done my samples etc if you like? Still be a couple of weeks away at least- aside from waiting for the vials I'm a FIFO.

Hi Chaos-incarnate, It would be good if you could add an A4 page in the box for people to add their details e.g. FPN name and city. Being an earlier recipient, it would be cool to see how far and wide the box has been without having to wade through all the posts. :-)

BTW cheers to A Smug Dill for starting the box in the first place. Great idea and I am sure everyone appreciates the opportunity.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a good idea RedDingo, I'll do that.

Paperbear, I can drop off the box this afternoon or possibly tomorrow lunchtime if you're available? I'll PM you. In the meantime, if you see any inks you'd like to sample in my post in Inky Thoughts https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/347332-all-of-my-ink-swatches-messy-post/?do=findComment&comment=4221868 please let me know and I'll include them. I've made up some samples and will edit the spreadsheet shortly with what I've put in so far.
I can send samples in Australia if anyone else wants to try what I have too.

Edit: Have updated the Google Doc:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cmy6369rXYokjBJ4ZZNWT7oCNWuBM7ARpG2xrO5uqLk/edit#gid=0

Edited by Chaos-incarnate

• 2 months later...

Can I put my hand up again for the box? I've got a few bits and pieces to add to it.

Cheers

Lee

I'm learning as I go. I am slightly obsessed with Fountain Pens!

www.penspaperink.com

My 80ml bottles of the new Diamine (Cult Pens exclusive) Iridescink Christine and Philip should arrive either today or tomorrow. I'd be happy to add samples of those to the box, and send it to them to whoever puts their hand up to receive the box next (and commit to the cost of sending the box on to the next stop).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• 2 weeks later...

A better way may be to pass around a box of surplus and not-my-cup-of-tea-but-may-be-someone-else's items of up to 3kg, using a flat-rate prepaid mailing bag – costing A$13.80 to ship between any two points in Australia –

I wouldn't say the 3kg satchels are enormous, certainly not in physical dimensions or volume. I have a stack of flat-packed, generic mailing boxes that are designed to just fit inside 3kg satchels, and the boxes aren't that large at all at 270x200x95mm. They won't fit inside the new 1kg satchels.

It weighed 2.77kg so under the 3kg mark, kept it a bit cheaper.

Australia Post's Parcel Post structure is about to change, effective 30 September 2019.

It might be time to move the contents into a slightly smaller box (to fit inside a 390×270mm satchel). That will bring down the postage charges while the weight limit goes up to 5kg.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Hello yes I have the box - sorry I have been overseas for a couple of weeks- I can post the box to its next recipient on Monday if saulyleeplans can pm me their address

Can I put my hand up again for the box? I've got a few bits and pieces to add to it.

Cheers

Lee

Where is the box now? Just curious

Paperbear has it still I think.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have ink and pens to add to the box if you want to send it my way.

www.penspaperink.com

• 1 month later...

Where should I send this box to next guys? I'm nearly finished with it.

www.penspaperink.com

Hi

I would like to add some inks to the box if I get a chance. Plus, I'd love to see what else is in this treat. biggrin.png

Thanks

AA

Have sent you a message now AA.

www.penspaperink.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I thought that I would confirm that I now have the box after lee kindly sent it earlier in the week.

I have added quite a few ink samples (Blackstone, Lamy) and a bottle or two of inks as well as some ink cartridges.

I am still exploring the contents and will try a few ink samples.

I do note already though that the spreadsheet that Chaos-Incarnate produced is not up to date with what is in the box before I have added or removed anything.

Please let me know who else would like it next.

Cheers

AA

Edited by AntiqueApprentice

@AntiqueApprentice, thank you for the update!

I take it you were referring to @loganrah's spreadsheet in Google Drive, last updated on 22/9/2019?

If you don't mind, please take inventory of what's available to the next (prospective) recipient of the box and update the spreadsheet.

@AntiqueApprentice, thank you for the update!

I take it you were referring to @loganrah's spreadsheet in Google Drive, last updated on 22/9/2019?

If you don't mind, please take inventory of what's available to the next (prospective) recipient of the box and update the spreadsheet.

Hi

Yes, that was the one. I have been updating it this afternoon and I think it is now pretty accurate but I did not open all the bottles to see how full they really were.

Cheers

AA

Just wanted to say congratulations on keeping this going so well and for so long, that's a serious achievement and an idea we should try anywhere there's enough interest.

Al