Pens, Inks And Samples Pass-Around In Australia

A Smug Dill

Hi Danny,

Yes I have tried out a lot of the inks. I have Sailor magic purple in my Jinhao at the moment and I really like it. I have also got noodlers golden brown in another pen, and I have no idea what purple i have in the last pen. I'm having fun! I also put an order in with goulet pens for a twisbi eco with an italic nib and the diamine lilac shimmer ink, so im waiting imptatiently for them too.

Lee:0

I'm learning as I go. I am slightly obsessed with Fountain Pens!

www.penspaperink.com

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• loganrah

• AntiqueApprentice

• saulyleeplans

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

Is there any Aussies out there that want to put their hand up for this box next?

Lee

www.penspaperink.com

Hi Lee, I’m interested but I will be in NZ from mid-March to mid-April, so if there’s someone who wants to go on front of me, I can go after that. Just DM me. Cheers

Newjelan, if there are any particular ink samples you may be after, let me know and I'll see if I can help out. I'm about to send Lee some things later this week, and can probably top up the box with a few more samples.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

This is a great idea!

I'd be very happy to be the next stop on the boxes trip. I can PM my address to whoever has it currently.

It'd be awesome to get to try so many inks. I can also contribute some Diamine samples, and a good condition Noodler's Nib Creeper.

Of course I'm happy to mail it on to whoever wants it afterwards (or drop it off directly if in Canberra or Sydney).

Ok well give me a few days to sort it all and add some stuff to it then I will send it to loganrah and he can send it to Newjelan after he's finished. PM me your address loganrah and I will have it sent by the end of next week.

Lee

www.penspaperink.com

Newjelan, if there are any particular ink samples you may be after, let me know and I'll see if I can help out.

Thanks A Smug Dill, I am happy with whatever is in there if there are 1 or 2 I don’t have. I have about 180 inks and am more interested in sharing some around.

PM Sent.

I will pass the box on to Newjelan when I'm done.

Thanks Loganrah, I will PM you my address.

Just one quick question: does anyone have any ideas where I might be able to get ink sample vials locally to Canberra or Sydney?

I'd like to add some samples and I could easily use up the empties that are in there so it would be cool if I could get some more to put in for the next person who wants to add some.

I'd buy some from ebay or aliexpress but they probably wouldn't get to me on time.

I can throw in a few more empty sample vials if you want, when I send stuff off tomorrow to Lee.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I can throw in a few more empty sample vials if you want, when I send stuff off tomorrow to Lee.

That would be awesome if its not a lot of trouble. Cheers.

OK.

Lee, please hold off sending the box off to loganrah until mid-to-late next week?

(I'll also send you a private message to that effect.)

OK, I've added three sample vials of the Montblanc Homer Greek Blue ink, of which Dennis at La Couronne du Comte has kindly sent me a complimentary bottle. I've also thrown in ten empty sample vials for participants' future use.

The package is now sealed and addressed; I just need to take it to the Post Office after lunch to lodge and dispatch.

Lee, since you asked me about the O-rings for converting Platinum Preppy, and Pilot Penmanship and Plumix, pens to 'eye-droppers', I think I just found a ready source for something suitable (and arguably better than the purple ones I bought)! There are thin, translucent O-rings on the inside of the sample vial caps. I just pried one out and tried in on the pens listed above, and they seem to be about the right size.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've just received the package (thanks Lee) and taken out the samples I wanted and added a few things.

I've also made the following spreadsheet to keep track of what's in the box if people want (at the moment it lists what will be in the box when I send it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cmy6369rXYokjBJ4ZZNWT7oCNWuBM7ARpG2xrO5uqLk/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone can view and edit that spreadsheet in google sheets.

I believe I am sending the box to Newjelan next (PM me your address, happy to hold the box if needed for a little while).

Hi from WA @SmugDill :-)

This is very generous of you to put together- I stopped lurking and signed up so I could thank you. So cool to see others adding in too :-)

I would like to participate in this box now I have some stuff to contribute (mostly ink samples), but I'm temporarily side tracked in Japan right now. I saw you comment in the Mitsukoshi pen show and wondered if you would like me to look at anything for you? I'll be there tomorrow.

I'm fairly new to fountain pens so I don't know all of the models and their variants but I have Google translate and good colour perception ;-)

Any suggestions on exclusives unavailable outside of Japan would be great too.

Edited by Chaos-incarnate

Hi from WA @SmugDill :-)

This is very generous of you to put together- I stopped lurking and signed up so I could thank you. So cool to see others adding in too :-)

I would like to participate in this box now I have some stuff to contribute

Your kind words and your support mean more to me that I could express, and frankly more than I'd ever imagined. Thank you so much for that!

Can any one get in on this I have some stuff to contribute too and this could not have come at a better time indeed thanks . please get back with me as soon as possible . Pm me if you need too .

Cathy :bunny01:

:happyberet:

In principle I don't have an issue with international participants outside Australia, but in practice the shipping costs (north of A$60) involved will make it not economically worthwhile, I'm afraid, even if the would-be participant puts his or her hand up and offers to pay for the international shipping both ways.

Furthermore, as I've noted at the start of this thread, it seems there is a distinct absence of this sort of thing among Australian FPN members, whereas in North America and the UK there appears to be a number of active sharing initiatives already.

okay no problem i withdraw thanks for letting me know take care im out .

Cathy :bunny01:

:happyberet: