Ink Mix Rambling, Not For The Feint Of Heart . . .

Tas

Tas, you're a saint. Just thought I should say that. :) Inks received and you're exceptionally generous.

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Cyber6

• Manalto

• lgsoltek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tas, you're a saint. Just thought I should say that. :) Inks received and you're exceptionally generous.

You're more than welcome. Looking forward to seeing you put them to good use. :)

GOT MINE TOO TAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

THANKS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! I will play around with it tonight, tomorrow I have a pen meet and will bring some to share.. ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hi Tas,

Just stumbled on this topic. Do you have any Teeling left? I'd love to try a sample.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

Thank you, Tas. I have inked up a pen with Teeling and am enjoying it. It's not quite like any other ink I have. And you apparently don't know what "sample" means; you are to generous!

• 2 months later...

just a guess, Tas, but the Drawer of Shame didn't include any attempts at black mixes, did it? I know you said you add Noodler's Black for permanence, but I would think it would only take tiny little amounts to get a legible permanent line to remain.

See, you've inspired me to try something similar in hopes of meeting a (perhaps nonexistant) need for a blue-black, instead of buying one.

I don't really like blue-blacks, but I have the feeling that I ought to have one. (Oddly, I have no similar feelings about burgundy. But it hasn't been a staple of handrwiting from the early medieval period.) So maybe the combination of all my failed attempts at mixing a workable purple, and all the samples too small to use, and all the ink I decide to flush from pens instead of using, and all the first rinses from the pens and pipettes I clean, will combine into a decent, interesting, workable blue-black ... if I don't actually put any black into it.

Alas that my starting bottle is just a Waterman bottle; had I an empty wine bottle or suchlike, I might consider dumping entire bottles of unbeloved inks in, just to be rid of them.

just a guess, Tas, but the Drawer of Shame didn't include any attempts at black mixes, did it? I know you said you add Noodler's Black for permanence, but I would think it would only take tiny little amounts to get a legible permanent line to remain.

See, you've inspired me to try something similar in hopes of meeting a (perhaps nonexistant) need for a blue-black, instead of buying one.

I don't really like blue-blacks, but I have the feeling that I ought to have one. (Oddly, I have no similar feelings about burgundy. But it hasn't been a staple of handrwiting from the early medieval period.) So maybe the combination of all my failed attempts at mixing a workable purple, and all the samples too small to use, and all the ink I decide to flush from pens instead of using, and all the first rinses from the pens and pipettes I clean, will combine into a decent, interesting, workable blue-black ... if I don't actually put any black into it.

Alas that my starting bottle is just a Waterman bottle; had I an empty wine bottle or suchlike, I might consider dumping entire bottles of unbeloved inks in, just to be rid of them.

Ooo yes. I threw a good few stealth black mixes in there.

Im delighted that Ive inspired you. Please do share your results when youre happy (or not) with a mix.

Im sure it wouldnt be too much of a problem for you to empty a bottle of wine for the benefit of the inky world . . . 😇

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Sadly due to postage costs, and a fair amount of interest, I'm no longer sending out Teeling samples :(.

Thanks for understanding.

• 3 months later...

Lovely color and illustrations, bravo. :D
I might yet try my hand at playing chemist in the future too, you have inspired me.

Tas, you gave me a big smile today! Thank you!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Tas, you gave me a big smile today! Thank you!

http://www.taskyprianou.com/me_big_grin.jpg

Yay!

• 4 weeks later...

Taz...

Thank you and I rebranded Teeling...

post-148414-0-91869700-1558411554_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesus1

Taz...

Thank you and I rebranded Teeling...

attachicon.gif IMG_1098.JPG

Whoah! It'll be delighted to live in there.

Hope you, and the random stranger ( ;) ) are enjoying it.

Congratulations, Tas. Much deserved.

What's the worst that can happen? Well, one of the worst happened to me a few weeks ago - spilled a good part of the Unobtainium in the bottle... I now have a journal with some lovely blots in Teeling mix... plus random other places on my desktop. Grrrr... Happily it was not quite the worst worst. Less than half the bottle escaped. And I will follow Jesus' example and put it safely in something more stable...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Whoah! It'll be delighted to live in there.

Hope you, and the random stranger ( ;) ) are enjoying it.

I thought you would like that...

I have not seen the random stranger...

When looking you see none...

If not looking...you see many...

Edited by Jesus1

Awwww, shoot! Coming very late to this thread, well after the mailed samples have ended. Thank you for your review, Tas! I am a compulsive saver of spice jars and tiny bottles, so I have plenty of receptacles lying ready for ink experiments.

I'm just not sure which inks to mix first. Perhaps I should, as someone else has already mentioned in this thread, empty my pens of ink into a bottle when I clean them. I must take notes of the amounts when I do, so that I might recreate the mixes later. I suppose that would be going against the spirit of making random ink mixes, but I'm the sort that likes to make notes. ;)

If you have a certain preference (as I think Tas has, as I have) you might find that your random mixes resemble that preference... and if you don't keep track of what exactly goes in there, you would have a changing mix as time goes by. I usually stop (temporarily) adding ink to a Dregs bottle when it is full. I use it in my pens. And at some point that frees up some space - and invites me to add more small ink volumes... the benefit of using a large bottle is if you add something you did not like so much, it won't change the overall mixture all that much but is still useful in adding volume to your Overflow/Dregs/Whatever bottle...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

It definitely looks much more lovely than some recent Montblanc releases! (Lady's Edition? Pouah!)

:yikes: I've just seen someones swatch (via an RSS feed) of their Marine Blue and Petrol Blue :wub: :wub: :wub: