I'd Love To Find Others In South Orange County, Ca, Usa

MHBru

Everyone -

Please add your names to GLAMPIG email list, and Jason would also like to know about "coffee and pens."

Maybe tune up the name.... I have come up with some options

"Pens & Perk"

"Coffee and Quills"

"Nibs and Brews" - which also works for evening meetings over beer

"Ink and Drink" or plural "Inks and Drinks"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MHBru

• Greenie

• Frozenoak

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

My votes are for either of these, with a slight preference for the latter because it rhymes:

"Nibs and Brews" - which also works for evening meetings over beer

"Ink and Drink" or plural "Inks and Drinks"

I'll let you know if I think of something too.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I love how the past few GLAMPIG meetings were in Santa Ana. That's very convenient!

Ink and Drink

I like it.

We can meet for coffee

We can meet over beer

The beginner pen restoration meetup will be called Sacs and Snacks.

Of course the advanced pen repair meetings will be Cracks and Snacks.

Ink and Drink

I like it.

We can meet for coffee

We can meet over beer

The beginner pen restoration meetup will be called Sacs and Snacks.

Of course the advanced pen repair meetings will be Cracks and Snacks.

YES! You're on a roll.

I can totally hear myself telling my wife, "Honey, I'm going to my monthly Ink and Drink." To which she will probably reply, "You'd better come back with less pens rather than more!"

YES! You're on a roll.

I can totally hear myself telling my wife, "Honey, I'm going to my monthly Ink and Drink." To which she will probably reply, "You'd better come back with less pens rather than more!"

Dude, you never go home with less pens. Somehow, basic math does not apply. For each one you sell, you buy two. And it applies to everyone.

Dude, you never go home with less pens. Somehow, basic math does not apply. For each one you sell, you buy two. And it applies to everyone.

TRUTH

• 9 months later...

Did this group ever get off the ground? I work in Irvine and live in SJC. I'm always interested in brew, be it coffee, tea, or beer.

the Glampig group (redundant I know) met in the OC a couple of months ago but that's all I am aware of so far. If we as a subgroup want to meet there are a couple of freeway close starbucks with large seating areas.... off of la paz or oso ... want to just pick a date for sometime in the next few weeks... maybe an after work thing around 5ish?

I'm back so OC now and looking forward to meeting you all! The only catch is that I need to find a place to live first haha.

I'm down for meeting anywhere in south county once I'm moved out of my suitcases and can finally get at my pens. In fact, there's a decent sushi place just a few blocks from Oso haha...Starbucks sounds find though!

Including me, there seems to be 4 of us to get things started.

My concern about after work is the traffic on the 5.

I am open to 6 pm weekdays, or weekend mornings.

Can we try for a quick consensus on day of week and time?

I am also open to between 5 or 6:pm weekdays, or weekend mornings (9:ish). Mondays or Thursdays specifically may be better but only marginally. I think the OSO Starbucks might be the most central for South Orange County.

Regards,

Dale

I would like to propose we get together on the fist Monday of each month at 5:30pm. I also would like to propose that the meeting location should be fairly stable and central, at lease initialy. I like the OSO Starbucks at 5:30pm on August 5th for our fist meeting and I am committing to be there from 5:pm to 7+ this week because I want to meet everyone and we don't know everyone's commute times or when they get off work ect, ect. We can change or narrow/broaden that window via discussion here on the forum or in person, I'll be there either way.

OK... let's make this happen... I will be there as well. There's a nice patio and decent parking.

Sounds good to me too. Monday August 5. Probably more like 6 pm for me.

Confirming. Everyone still on board for a meet and greet at the Starbucks at oso pkwy and the 5 tomorrow at 5-7ish? As a point of clarity (and just in case there is another Starbucks nearby that Im unaware of) this is in the small shopping center east of the 5 where Wineworks is also located. Ill be there at 5 or very shortly thereafter. My name is Mark and I look forward to seeing everyone.

I am planning on coming. As long as my afternoon appointment starts on time and goes as planned, I would expect 5:30 to be a reasonable estimate.

I will be there. I am also aiming for 5:ish. I'm wearing a white shirt and I have a goatee.

Regards,

Dale

My 3 pm case just got delated to 345. And now I have an urgent case added on to follow that. Very unlikely that I will make it now. That is my life sometimes. Sorry guys!