I'd Love To Find Others In South Orange County, Ca, Usa

MHBru

I've been here for a while and enjoy chatting with folks from all over. I've always wondered if there are others close by that would be interested in casual get togethers. Anyone? I'm in Mission Viejo.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MHBru

• Greenie

• Frozenoak

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego. If you want to drive down our way we have a group that meets monthly.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

The SoCal Pen Club of America meets quarterly. Often at Fred Krinke’s shop in Monrovia. Really active group.

I am in Irvine. Definitely looking for OC get togethers.

I usually go to the So Cal Pen Club meetings. There are a bit of a schlep to get to, but I enjoy it.

I think we need someone to take charge and organize a little. Glampig does some meetings in OC and some in LA. I have not been able to make it to those yet.

Maybe someone can keep a list of those few OC FPN people who respond and get an email list going.

• 4 weeks later...

Greenie and MHBru. I'm in Newport. That makes 3 of us. Could make it easier for a coffee shop connect. What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Please keep me in the loop for whatever OC get togethers that get planned!

If everything works according to plan, I'll be living somewhere in the Irvine or Mission Viejo area from next summer.

Living in rural China for the past 3 years has made me quite hungry for some real live pen friends!!!

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Am in Santa Ana, I'd be interested in an OC gathering as well if there's an effort going

Edited by zchen

Monrovia is a bit of a drive, but try to go to the So Cal Pen Club meeting Saturday 9/29. The plan is to just have a bit of a pen swap meet - bring pens to sell, trade, or just have questions about. In October we will have a great meeting at the home of a member. It is a very cool historic old Monrovia home, and usually there are rides in his Model T for those who are interested. Bring your flexible nib pen to learn some Spencerian.

And I hope we either have an actual club meeting in OC soon, or the OC people can just have in informal get together as well.

Anyone can call a "Pen Posse" and just pick a time and date. But so far I only see 5 of us who might be looking at this.....

Everyone should sign up for the So Cal Pen Club email list to they will be notified of meetings, and especially if we get an OC meeting going.

see you there. Also I have pm'd member JasonF2 and looks like GLAMPIG is still active as well.

Edited by zchen

This is exciting! Once back in OC, I'd probably only be able to make the trek to Monrovia a couple times a year, but it would be great to have some regular pen posse meetings or something actually in OC.

Hi Everyone's,

Just saw this thread; add me to the list. I live in Irvine. I attended Saturday's event in Monrovia; lot of fun! Met Jason there, who indicated that there is am OC group. As soon as he weighs in we can get a Meetup set!

Best,

John

Quick update for those interested in an OC/Irvine meetup - I have not received the email from Jason. So, I think I will move ahead with a proposal. Stealing a page from the Cars & Coffee events, perhaps we can do a Pens & Coffee!

Idea would be to meet one Saturday a month at a coffee shop, bring pens, and discuss for an hour. if you would be interested in this idea respond to this post.

Best regards,

John

Quick update for those interested in an OC/Irvine meetup - I have not received the email from Jason. So, I think I will move ahead with a proposal. Stealing a page from the Cars & Coffee events, perhaps we can do a Pens & Coffee!

Idea would be to meet one Saturday a month at a coffee shop, bring pens, and discuss for an hour. if you would be interested in this idea respond to this post.

Best regards,

John

This is wonderful, I am a fan of both pens and coffee haha.

Count me in come my return to OC next summer. :D

I am interested. I also know that my kids activities often keep me from being available. So if I can't make it, don't take it as lack on interest. I really like the idea of a regular schedule, rather than random meetups. And it has to start somehow with a smaller group that spreads the word and tries to bring in more people.

Maybe take some ideas from the SF bay area Pen Posse? Check out their posts, and even PM some of them to ask how they keep it fresh, successful, etc.