Vector Back To France And A New Jotter F?

gammada

I recently got an email from Jetpens announcing the reintroduction of the Vector line, now manufactured in France and while browsing Parker's website, I saw a banner listing a new Jotter FP being launched!

Is this the beginning of something?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mazinger55

• Joane

• inkstainedruth

• gammada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes It is the beginning of a boring Déjà vu... :mellow: :closedeyes:

LOL

Yeah, not exactly passion-inducing models, but the move seems kind of weird to me. AFAIK, the Vector was/ is still manufactured in India or China, so what is the purpose of having it manufactured in France or making such a fuss about it?

Don't have a clue about the Jotter.

I think the reason for making jotters and vectors in France, where all the high end Parkers are now made, is to provide volume to the factory for economy of scale.

I think the reason for making jotters and vectors in France, where all the high end Parkers are now made, is to provide volume to the factory for economy of scale.

If so, it’s great to see the economy of scale working in the direction of the manufacturing facility known for higher quality for a change! I will be looking for these French-made models, not so much the Vector but I’d like a Jotter fountain pen to go with certain colours of ballpoint I have.

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

I have the new jotter dark blue bp and FP, I like them a lot, good writers so far. Hope they will do the blue black and red color on the vector steel bp and FP

I picked up one of the new French-made Vectors this spring (I think from Pen Chalet). It's purple, and has a medium nib. It wrote a little on the dry side with the last ink I had in it, but I'm a total sucker for Vectors. And it's purple.... :D

Interestingly enough, this is only the second one I have that isn't UK-made (the other being a multicolor NOS one, still in the original blister pack, that is actually US-made).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

That Jotter looks cool.

Could it be better than a Vector?

Unlikely, they have (I think) used the same nib & feed so far and appear to share nib & feed still, just differently stamped/ beautified. They appear to be identical in measurements (eg grip girth and that), so basically it boils down to which housing you find more appealing.

I bought very recently some of these new Vectors in M and F and love them. If they were a bit fatter it would be better, but I can live with the slimness.

I also find them to be on the drier side, which I don't mind at all.

They are also very smooth.

The colours are really pretty!

I picked up one of the new French-made Vectors this spring (I think from Pen Chalet). It's purple, and has a medium nib. It wrote a little on the dry side with the last ink I had in it, but I'm a total sucker for Vectors. And it's purple.... :D

Interestingly enough, this is only the second one I have that isn't UK-made (the other being a multicolor NOS one, still in the original blister pack, that is actually US-made).

So you have now a PLUM Vector beside the Plum 51 demi. :)

Khan M. Ilyas

So you have now a PLUM Vector beside the Plum 51 demi. :)

But of COURSE! :P

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A pity that Parker is losing customers - at least here in Europe - because they are failing to launch the pens that can still catch the clients attention. I don't know what kind of executives are responsible for the Parker brand but their work seems to be leading the brand - unfortunately for all the Parker followers like us - to a difficult situation.

The funny thing is that hey have all the arguments to put the Parker brand on the top again, so I just don't understand why so much inertia...

Just my two cents. :unsure:

I was in Portugal, (Lisboa), and I do remember seeing a shop at Vasco De Gama that had Parker Sonnets and Waterman pens.