For Those Who Want The Lamy-Rish Nib But Not The Lamy-Rish Grip

Mech-for-i

and if you do not need the piston filler's capacity ...

Lanbitou 8049 just come on the market recently , got half a dozen of them, could be had with EF, F or M nib ( thank you Lanbitou, now let's have B pls ) and in 12 different color finishes. After using it for a fill I must say I am impressed, the M nib on this one is smooth with a bit of tooth / feedback but more forgiving on all those office papers. The totally metal construction ( Aluminum lacquered over ) is quite roust but not quite so as brushed steel. The rounded off square form factor actually feel good in the hand, if you check the section carefully you can see that its indexed with a very slightly raised flat portion on the top where the other 3 sides are all slightly tapered without any. Its got the black feed and that's fine with me and work well with the smoked grey section. C/C filler, clip is usable and wide and very well indexed too. I try swapping sections and caps between them and they all fit so good job done on the Mfr's part.

fpn_1533515039__lanbitou8049-02.jpg

12.2mm ( flat side to flat side ) barrel

9.2mm minimal at the section tip

131.5mm uncpped

140.5mm capped

fpn_1533515054__lanbitou8049-01.jpg

While the grip is also rounded off square in cross section it feel just like any other typical round section in use ; the pen could post but then it does not post securely , well its secure but the cap wobbles and its way too long for me . Of all the 12 finishes, four are pearlescent, four are clear coat lacquered, and four are vinyl matt paint finished the latter matt ones I've found easily scratched ( already got battle scar on my red one ). These are cheap fun pen to have wit a decent style and thank you; not another Demo and not another teen hot neon color. I think I am going to go buy a dozen and hand them out as gifts when I see someone interested in using fountain pen ( seems I am seeing more such lately, just give a Wing Sung 618 to a young store sales lady at the stationary store I frequent )

Edited by Mech-for-i

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mech-for-i

• NighthawkSix

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using one for a while now and here's the pearlescent champagne gold with the vinyl matt brown cap combo .. and I think I had both good word and bad one for this particular pen :

fpn_1534055017__lbt8049gold.jpg

first the cons

• the cap got a somewhat if not sharp but edgy finished edge , and so do the barrel gold trim that engage the cap, that could bother some when writing and the plating is also of not exactly the better one .. I am seeing peeling already on some
  • despite being quite wide , the clip is difficult to use, first its too tight then its got 2 bended lip edge that's not smoothed well and could catch on fabrics
  • this apply only to the vinyl matt finished ones, this kind of finishes easily shown hand wear, oily mark and are very very easily scratched though its got a tackiness that's good for grip though
  • the mold line on the section are staring right at you on top and right along the center axis , might or might no annoy
  • The rounded off square section was hold onto the barrel at the position by a small tab inside the barrel that engage a similar on the section at the end of the screw in run, but this part had rather loose tolerance so some section could be seen screwed in actually not quire square but a little bit skewed, not really noticeable and not affecting writing / holding the pen but could drive ODC crazy. More annoying though is that the section could rattle on the barrel which is certainly annoying, and some section simply fit loose on the barrel

granted its a fairly cheap pen , and a good use of the Lamy style feed / nib though .. the good news is that the pen part works and work straight for all the EF, F and M I had on hand, the styling and finishes ( not the vinyl matt ones ) are beautiful and nicely done. And I might be wrong on the material used, LBT advertised this as steel ... OK but its very light weight and its quite robust .. which none of the plastic ones could match. And on top of that the inner cap actually seal pretty good ... its nice to have something in this price bracket that's not another neon color demonstrator.

Edited by Mech-for-i