Help Me Decide!

Rosendust2121

Hey everyone, I am on the lookout for a new pen. But I am wondering, should I go with my EDC(Which is a Pilot Metro) and use that exclusively for Noodlers inks, or should I invest in a Creaper? and to clarify, I will be using this as a notetaking pen\writing pen.

Thanks so much everyone!

Edited by Rosendust2121

<i>Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favourite flower, your favourite song, your favourite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart-Leigh Bardugo

. Please assume no affiliation, as I'm just a pleased customer. IG: Lenses and pens_

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosendust2121

• Driften

• calvin_0

• Pichak

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on your needs. If you're planning to use the new pen for everyday writing then the creeper wouldn't really help with that. In addition, noodlers pens in my experience, can be finicky. Unless you're willing to do the work. It may not be worth it.

If you want daily writing there's plenty of options. A Pilot Metro isn't half bad but I find once you find other pens the Metro becomes a meh pen. I favor the TWSBI Classic, Lamy CP1 or Platinum Balance for daily writing. Though there are other cheaper options for daily writers.

Although if you want a mix of flex and daily writing, an Ahab isn't a half bad idea. The Ahab can be exchanged with other #6 nibs for daily use. I use mine with a Nemosine Nib. Though the Ahab suffer some of the same finickyness. You may also want to modify the feed since it's overly wet and can leak into the cap.

So in conclusion, a little bit of clarification would help. What do you plan to use the new pen for? Daily writing or flex writing etc?

Edited by PanDeBer

Hey everyone, I am on the lookout for a new pen. But I am wondering, should I go with my EDC(Which is a Pilot Metro) and use that exclusively for Noodlers inks, or should I invest in a Creaper? and to clarify, I will be using this as a notetaking pen\writing pen.

Thanks so much everyone!

if you already have a pilot metro, i suggest getting a wing sung 698, you can swap out wing sung's nib with your pilot metro's nib, so you'll get the best of both world, large capacity ink pool for long note taking session and a smooth pilot nib.

if you already have a pilot metro, i suggest getting a wing sung 698, you can swap out wing sung's nib with your pilot metro's nib, so you'll get the best of both world, large capacity ink pool for long note taking session and a smooth pilot nib.

Where do you get Wing Sungs? I've heard of them, but don't know any reputable sellers.

<i>Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favourite flower, your favourite song, your favourite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart-Leigh Bardugo

. Please assume no affiliation, as I'm just a pleased customer. IG: Lenses and pens_

Hi

+1 for the Wing Sung 698 which is now available in a medium nib from some sellers.

I also use the Wing Sung 3008; its not an expensive pen so I bought a batch of them and I have found them to be very reliable, the nibs are interchangeable with Lamy nibs. I've also had good experiences with the Jinhao 992.

If you want to spend a little more the Kaweco Dia2 is a nice pen but probably the best pen that I use for note taking etc. is the Pilot Capless (aka Vanishing Point), I got mine from a Japanese seller. The only downside is ink capacity, if you write a lot it's not great so I always keep an extra cartridge with me but this is outweighed by how convenient the pen is.

PenBBS is also worth looking at, I have a few of them and they are nice pens, prices vary - I've paid between $16 USD to $23 USD but they are nice pens and they work well.

Good luck with your new pen.

Al

If I were in you, I would be looking only at piston filler pens with large ink capacity and good sealing capabilities.

I hate the idea of worrying about how much ink I am left with. I should be worrying, if at all, about other more important things.

There are a few brands that make piston fillers: Pelikan, Twsbi, Wingsung, Lamy2000, etc.

I am pretty convinced you can find a piston filler with the budget of a Pilot Met. And if you decide to spend more than that, you have Pelikans and Lamys smiling and waving at you :)

I would not go with the creeper. Stick with the Metro if you like it. If you want something else for fun and want better capacity and a new experience. Try a TWSBI Eco, its a well made pen that holds a lot of ink and does not dry out easy. I prefer the higher level pens but the Eco always impresses me when I use it and even more when it has not been used in a long time and still works perfect.

What does everyone thing about the Diplomat Magnum?

I have never used a Diplomat but I am thinking about an Diplomat Aero... it's gotten good reviews.

What does everyone thing about the Diplomat Magnum?

I haven't used Diplomat Magnum, but Diplomat's steel nib has pretty good reputation for its quality.

if Its EDC and the writing demand some volume so to speak, a Piston filler usually made a lot of sense. So do an EF / F nib. I do agree that the Wing Sung 698 would be a valid choice. The other side though is ow the usage / environment placed on that EDC part. There's a reason why many ( and also me ) prefer a metal bodied pen over any form of plastic / resin / acrylic / ebonite or whatever similar material ones. I've had some pens that's totally metallic externally ( including the sections which likely will stand a lot of abuse if being deal upon. And my old Montblanc EDC broke where its the only part that's not metal ( its section which is resin ). Your usage may or may not demand / require such.

On the other hand if your writing is only for the daily occasional jotting and so & so ... a C/C filler is certainly not going to be a issue. Just remember to check the ink level now and then. I have good experience with the Diplomat Aero and can wholeheartedly recommend it.