J. Herbin Vert De Gris

visvamitra

As a huge fan of J. Herbin inks, I was thrilled to learn about five new standard inks introduced in 2018. I've got the bottles and I'll review them shortly.

New inks come in standard J. Herbin glass bottles that contain 30 ml of the writing fluid.

fpn_1532242575__sam_1228.jpg

Ink splash

fpn_1532242051__vdg_is.jpg

Vert de Gris is great. I like grey inks, especially when they're more complex and tis one fills the bill. It's saturated enough to read it easily, it flows very well and has reasonable amount of lubrication (although it's nowhere near Sailor inks in this regard). Overall, it's a keeper.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1532242125__vdg_rk.jpg

Color ID

fpn_1532242149__vdg_f_23jpg.jpg

Color range

fpn_1532242164__vdg_f_3jpg.jpg

Fabriano, Lamy Al-Star, medium nib

fpn_1532242182__vdg_f_1.jpg

fpn_1532242204__vdg_f_2.jpg

Tomoe River, Lamy Al-Star, medium nib

fpn_1532242296__vdg_tr_1.jpg

fpn_1532242307__vdg_tr_2.jpg

fpn_1532242327__vdg_tr_3.jpg

Copy paper, Lamy Al-Star, medium nib

fpn_1532242226__vdg_cp_1.jpg

fpn_1532242263__vdg_cp_2.jpg

Maruman, Hero 616, fine (?) nib

fpn_1532242340__vdg_m_1.jpg

fpn_1532242393__vdg_m_2.jpg

Water resistance

fpn_1532242441__beztytu322u.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• visvamitra

• lapis

• minddance

NIce! I'm not a lover of teal but grey has always fascinated me, so this one really fills the bill. Thanks for the presentation!

Bill

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Great presentation of the ink - thanks for showing us this one. I like what I see, and it’s indeed nicely complex: there seems to be grey, green and blue in there. To my eye: a grey-leaning teal. I’ve put it on my wish list.

As an aside : I always take a close look at your quotes - they often point to books that suit my tastes. I see you’ve dived into Red Queen territory. I’ve also put these on my wish list ;-)

Great review, nice looking ink.

fpn_1532277717__verdigris_m205.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

This is cool looking. The difference in saturation level between copy paper and Maruman sample is pretty extreme.

I can see it's totally your kind of colour (and definitely NOT mine)!

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_ying_and_yang.png

Pssst. I've just mixed up KWZ Blue Black with water 1:1 . . . not a bad doppleganger until a paycheck comes my way.

Deep Sea Green has much more green and much less grey. It's also more saturated.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Maruman can take alot of ink, you can literally pour ink onto it. Most fountain pens can look dry with it unless tuned very wet. :)

• 2 weeks later...

There is now some in my GvFC Classic EF and a bottle on my desk - visvamitra you enabler you . . . :rolleyes:
Thanks. I think it's beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...