How Many Pens Do You Have Inked At Any One Time?

Moonfruit

No idea how many pens I have, let alone FPs... 100s definitely, possibly more :)

My tally of FPs include everything from MBs to Dollar pens... got plenty of Dollar & Daiso pens, bought them by the crate to giveaway & spread the disease ;)

Does inked mean Ready to Write? meh I'm lazy, I ink 'em, use them to jot odd words now & again... later discover they've dried then they get shoved into the "wash" bucket till I get around to doing a mass cleansing.

Otoh... Pilot Varsity is amazing. Got V-Pens bought new from the 80s standing 30+ yrs in my pencup, they still write first off today.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• 1nkulus

• TSherbs

• cellmatrix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've typically got about 8 inked with various colors and widths. But I may need to cut that down a bit.....

MB 149

Sailor 1911

Sailor KoP Pro Gear

Pilot VP

Lamy Safari

P51 Aero

P51 Vac

Finished off two today, that leaves me with eight inked.

Those were Guider Capsule - KWZI Pine Green and Waterman Phileas - Edelstein Olivine.

Still Inked:

Parker 45 Flighter - KWZI El Dorado

Pelikan M200 Cognac - Sheaffer Skrip Emerald Green (vintage)

Pelikan M200 Blue Marbled (old style) - Lamy Petrol

Pelikan M200 Brown Marbled - Diamine Sherwood Green

TWSBI Eco - Edelstein Sapphire

TWSBI 580 - Lamy Pacific

Pelikan 140 - Pelikan 4001 Blue Black

Platinum 3776 Century Borgogne - Diamine Merlot

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Only three, mood/day dependent.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 4 weeks later...

Only six of my own. I feel so inadequate.

Platinum Preppy 02 & OE Platinum black cartridge.

Delike Alpha, has Jinhao #5 nib. Inked with Diamine Registrar's ink. To deal with the god-awful paper at work.

Jinhao 991 with Waterman Serenity Blue long cartridge.

Ranga 4 ED. Contains Pelikan 4001 Blue/Black.

Wality 67T inked with KWZI Aztec Gold.

Airmail 58C ED pen & Pilot 'F' nib. Inked with Pelikan Blue/Black.

Around the house, for my parents usage:

Jinhao 599 with a Herbin Eclat de Saphir cartridge

Jinhao 51A with a wood barrel. Can't remember what it is inked with.

Parker Reflex in the depths of a woman's handbag. Contains Pelikan Blue/ Black.

• 4 weeks later...

i just counted. I have:

Lamy 2000 inked with Parker Black

Ranga Model 5A with FPR Blue Black

Italix Chaplain's Tankard with Noodlers Squeateague

PenBBS 309 with Noodler's Gruene Cactus

FPR Himalaya with Diamine Graphite

Nemosine Singularity with Krishna Ink Ghat Green

Gama Sneaky with J. Herbin Pousierre de Lune

Ranga Model 4Cs with Seitz-Krenauch Slate Grey

Monteverde Regatta with Bril Royal Blue

Gama Airborne with FPR Blue

KACA Retro with Pelikan Brilliant Red

didn't realize I had that many going at once.

I'm at 27 😅 (Not counting my Rotring isograph)

post-146308-0-43835200-1544211227_thumb.jpg

7 Lamy AL-stars:

-Noodler's: burgundy, eel cactus fruit, army, akhmatova, eel turquoise

-Lamy blue cartridge

-Parker Quink blue

1 Lamy logo - Gutenberg grün

1 Lamy safari -Pelikan edelstein Aquamarine

Faber Castell ambition OP art - Krishna silent night sky

Pelikan happy pen - standard Pelikan blue cartridge

Charlie pen - Noodlers H.O.D.

Unknown brand - Pelikan 4001 blue-black

Lidl united office - lidl cartridge

post-146308-0-98363800-1544211323_thumb.jpg

2 TWSBI eco - Lamy Crystal Peridot and Noodler's antietam

7 Platinum Plaisirs:

Noodler's Tchaikowsky, Dostoyevsky, zhivago, standard yellow, habanero, red-black

Diamine shimmering blue jazz

Platinum procyon - Noodler's walnut

3 Platinum preppys - red, black and green cartridges

Loving my cheap holders (originally intended for make-up brushes) 😂

Edited by uceroy

I'm at 27 (Not counting my Rotring isograph)

Holy smokes, how do you manage to not run the ink dry with that many pens?

I understand you can leave the Platinum pens due to the sealing technology but the others?

3 for me is already hard to manage, once had a Metro run dry due to lack of usage (2-3 months)

UceRoy, you can come hang out with me.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'm at 27 (Not counting my Rotring isograph)

That is an elite club. :yikes:

I would have trouble remembering the pen+ink combo's.

A spreadsheet is an option, but I'd probably forget to update it when changing the combo's. :D

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

UceRoy, you can come hang out with me.

Please tell me you don't have 40/50 pens inked at all times. :D

Engineer :

I take the fifth?

:) . Well, not at all times. Have I had that many inked - YES - but I was at a pen posse.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Today I have the following inked:

Franklin Christoph Panther - Waterman South Seas (aka Inspired Blue)

Lamy Pacific - Waterman South Seas (aka Inspired Blue)

Delta Capri Marina - L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Bleu Pacifique

Namisu Nova Titanium - Robert Oster Blue Water Ice

TWSBI Eco - Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu Kusa

TWSBI Eco - Stipula Calamo Deep Blue

Pilot Metropolitan - Namiki Blue

Italix Captains Commodore - GvFC Gulf Blue

Italix Captains Commodore - GvFC Cobalt Blue

Lamy Safari Petrol - Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Lamy Aion - Sailor Yama Dori

Monteverde Prima - Robert Oster Peppermint

Pilot Vanishing Point - DeAtramentis Emerald Green

Pilot Vanishing Point - Rohrer & Klinger Smaragdgrun

Lamy 2000 - Montblanc Lavender Purple

Delta Vintage Red - Monteverde Garnet

Lamy Aion Silver - Montblanc Burgundy Red

Lamy Studio - Stipula Calamo Dark Red

So I guess that is 18. And yes, I use them all - if not each day, then for sure over a couple of days.

All of them are at various stages of fill. So those that are empty, get cleaned and put away, and another pen comes out and is filled. And if I am missing a color or two, such as right now I am missing a yellow/orange, a blurple and a brown, I will just fill an empty pen and use it.

Quite honestly the number of pens filled at any one time varies and depends on if I am home a lot. If I am traveling, I generally leave 4-5 pens inked at home, and take 4-5 pens with me with appropriate cartridges. I have been home a couple of weeks and plan to be here at home until after Christmas, so the number of filled pens goes up.

The number of pens I have varies since I seem to give them away alot. Right now I have 48, including Preppys (4) and Pilot Petits (3), so that means that I have 38% of my pens inked right now.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

About 8-11 depending on how I count right now.

Kaweco Sport - Waterman Serenity Blue

TWSBI 580 - Edelstein Olivine

Parker 51 Special - Edelstein Sapphire

Platinum 3776 Century Borgogne - Diamine Merlot

Pelikan 140 - Pelikan 4001 Blue Black

Pelikan M400 White Tortoise - Edelstein Aventurine

Pelikan M200 Brown Marbled - KWZI Pine Green

Pelikan M200 Cognac - Levenger Pomegranate

Pelikan M200 Blue Marbled (old style) - Noodler's 54th Massachusetts

*Waterman Phileas Robert Oster Astorquiza Rot

*Sheaffer Targa - 50/50 mix Edelstein Olivine & Aventurine - a happy accident color-wise. (mixed in cartridge inadvertently)

About ready to be flushed/filled along with a Lamy Al Star that recently had Diamine Classic Red, a Pilot Metropolitan that had Diamine Blue Black.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Holy smokes, how do you manage to not run the ink dry with that many pens?

I understand you can leave the Platinum pens due to the sealing technology but the others?

3 for me is already hard to manage, once had a Metro run dry due to lack of usage (2-3 months)

I love to switch colors when making notes, so if I create something like a budget, for example, that's at least 3-4 colors for me.. Color-holic at play! 😂 And as you said, I'm not worried about the Platinums drying out.

Then again, I only recently started, so I haven't been able to run into those kind of problems yet 😂

That is an elite club. :yikes:

I would have trouble remembering the pen+ink combo's.

A spreadsheet is an option, but I'd probably forget to update it when changing the combo's. :D

Yes, this is the thing about having so many inked -- I'll forget the combos and come refill time I end up having to do a full flush because I don't want to mistakenly mix inks. I also mono collect ink colors, so when I was really into black inks I had a few inked with various blacks and promptly forgot which black was which.

only one- a sheaffer 330 xf with pilot blue black

I used to ink more pens but I finally realized Id rather spend more time writing and less time cleaning.

Maximum of 5 at any given time, usually 3.

I used to ink more pens but I finally realized Id rather spend more time writing and less time cleaning.

:thumbup:

Engineer :

EDC/Planner pen: Wing Sung 601 pump filler. Pilot Namiki Blue.

Purse pen: Diplomat Magnum (Gray), Diplomat Blue cart.

My color coding pens still have ink that I'll use up during the winter break, so that I can swap in new pens or inks for the next semester:

* Ooly Splendid Pink. Ink same as pen. Will be swapped to a clear Sailor Profit Jr. Diamine Flamingo Pink.

* Ooly Splendid Purple. See above. Will be swapped to a purple Sailor Profit Jr. Bungubox Imperial Purple.

* Jinhao 992 Orange, inked with Akkerman Orange Boven.

* Jinhao 992 Green, inked with Noodler's Gruene Cactus. Can't remember if it's Eel or not. Don't really care, either. That ink writes terribly in whatever pen I put it in. Hate it, but determined to use up the sample.

Pens inked up on my desk at home:

* Jinhao x750 (broad nib swapped in). Emerald of Chivor.

* Diplomat Magnum (Blue), J Herbin Poussiere de Lune. Will be switching to Waterman Carene, same ink.

* Monteverde Monza Island Sky (Omniflex nib swapped in). Diamine Prussian Blue.

* Pelikan Jazz (M nib). Diamine Prussian Blue. Husband inked it with same ink by mistake when we decided to test it (not impressed).

All pens are fine nibs, unless otherwise noted.