jchch1950

I have tried to get some pens repair. Most of them are Italian: Omas celluloid deteriorating, a crack of a of an

Stipula barrel, Etc. But now some companies, like Delta or Omas are gone and others, like Stipula, don,t answer

any inquiries. Does anyone have information about Stipula?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jchch1950

• 77kath

• richyrich

• Fatalpotato

I have had a Stipula in for a simple repair for three years. It was sent through the pen shop I bought it from (a special edition pen made just for that shop). The dealer’s own pen from that special edition was in for an even simpler job for two years. I wouldn’t send anything to them. NOTE: I really like Stipula pens. I have a really old Novocento, a special edition Brunelleschi, a new rainbow, and a couple others. I just don’t trust their repair people to get around to any given job.

From my experience with Italian manufacturers,(Aurora, visconti) their customer relationships are not in good shape, probably due to language barrier. When I tried to access them through retailers, I was able to get response for both companies. Some of the repair jobs can be done through nib/pen masters for faster, if for a little more expensive I guess.

Old news perhaps, but this is the address and contact info I was given a few weeks ago by Stipula for their repair shop:

Stipula - Idea Prima

Via delle Acacie 4

Vallina - Bagno a Ripoli

(Firenze)

Tel+39055696972

Luca Viti is the contact person: lucaviti@stipula.com

A blend of my rusty Italian and Google Translate seems to work when buying from Italy. Maybe I’ve been lucky.

I am very fond of my Stipulas.

Stipula is a very small company today despite they still do an accurate job (more than some other italian larger brands), and make lovely pens, in my opinion.

What this means however is they are really (REALLY) slow.

I usually contact them through shops. They have representatives that visit pen shops, and collect repair and assistance needs through them.

I have ordered a Stipula pen from a shop in Torino some time ago. The pen was an earlier model, no longer produced, which remained in the shop due to a manufacturing fault (a ring was erroneously not fitted on the pen). I asked the shop owner to contact Stipula and ask them to fix it for me.

The pen is at Stipula waiting to be fixed, now since 3 months...

I am not in a hurry, and would also not be surprised if I were told it cannot be fixed. But I'm patient.

So keep it in mind.

The suggested contact above should be useful though.

I have had one Stipula repair experience and one nib swap. In both instances, I went through the American distributor, Yafa. The nib swap was done by Yafa and was pretty fast. The repair was done in Italy and took about a year.

Note that Italy is closed for business during the Summer. Nothing much seems to get done.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Stipula had some years of difficulties and finally was sold to Idea Prima a few years ago, but never recovered.
Idea Prima is a commercial company, not interested in expensive pens and all the announcements were disattended. It seems they sometimes they project a pen, but can't produce in normal times and can't distribute as it should do.
I gave up.

Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it

My Facebook page
My Blog: blog.giardino.it

Stipula had some years of difficulties and finally was sold to Idea Prima a few years ago, but never recovered.

Idea Prima is a commercial company, not interested in expensive pens and all the announcements were disattended. It seems they sometimes they project a pen, but can't produce in normal times and can't distribute as it should do.

I gave up.

Sorry to know.